Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#816348 08/06/22 04:25 PM
M
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
I open this post to discuss the possible races in addition to the ones we will get from the player manual.

the races that we are missing from the player's manual are.
Dragonborn
Gnome
Half Orc

These are the races that we have confirmed will be in the full version of the game.

I personally would like them to add the races from the recent Mordenkainen Presents: Monsters of the Multiverse sourcebook which includes 30 playable races with the updated format for any world in the multiverse.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by mcm06041995
I personally would like them to add the races from the recent Mordenkainen Presents: Monsters of the Multiverse sourcebook which includes 30 playable races with the updated format for any world in the multiverse.

We SHOULD(?its been 2 years EA + probably over 2 years of internal dev….?) get the other main races but for the rest…
Dream on. Never ever will Larian do that. Because for them, LESS of EVERYTHING is more apparently.
Less companions
Less classes
Less Races
Less immersion (day/night/time)
Less encounters
Less NPCs
Less spells/abilities

Black Isle would be proud! (sarcasm)

Last edited by mr_planescapist; 08/06/22 04:37 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Less compared to what? They always set out to gamify the PHB. And they already outdid themselves with the githyanki.

Less NPCs? Less encounters? Again compared to what? There is an incredible cast of NPCs already present just in this first half of the first arc.

Last edited by spacehamster95; 08/06/22 04:44 PM.
A
addict
addict
A
Originally Posted by mr_planescapist

We SHOULD(?its been 2 years EA + probably over 2 years of internal dev….?) get the other main races but for the rest…
Dream on. Never ever will Larian do that. Because for them, LESS of EVERYTHING is more apparently.
Less companions
Less classes
Less Races
Less encounters
Less NPCs
Less spells/abilities

well you are wrong at least larian like MORE permutations. /S

veteran
veteran
The more, the merrier no? laugh
Personaly i would hope for any of following: Deep Gnome, Duergar, Tabaxi, Arakokra, Genasi, Lizardfolk or Aasimar ...

But quite honestly, it doesnt really matter how many other races we get as much as how well they will be implemented. :-/
I meam if i get Deepgnome ... but Duergars from Grymforge will not try to enslave me on sight, it would be quite disappointing. frown
So ... in such case it would maybe be better to not implement them at all. :-/

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
veteran
veteran
Really looking forward to the half-orc, and I'd love the option for a goblin. Larian has done such an incredible job with the goblins.

The duergar would be a blast to play, especially if we could get some of that cool dark armor they're wearing.

I don't care so much for gnomes myself, deep or otherwise.

veteran
veteran
Just want to add ...
I REALLY wonder why is Larian holding back Gnomes. O_o

I get they want some races to be a surprise for release ... specificaly Half Orcs and Dragonborn ... but Gnomes? They are all over EA, there would hardly be any surprise about their look. O_o

S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
I open this post to discuss the possible races in addition to the ones we will get from the player manual.

Dragonborn
Gnome
Half Orc

These are the races that we have confirmed will be in the full version of the game.

Devs have stated they're holding some races and classes back for release. Data mining has already confirmed there are other races at least planned, including half orc, gnome dragonborne: Nettie has voiced responses you can trigger if you've added a flag to make the game think of you as a deurgar for example.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Some_Twerp753
Devs have stated they're holding some races and classes back for release.

Have they? I missed that. Is there a link?

Last edited by JandK; 08/06/22 08:43 PM.
O
OcO Offline
enthusiast
enthusiast
O
Originally Posted by JandK

I just saw this thread on Reddit... https://www.reddit.com/r/BaldursGate3/comments/v8281k/old_larian_info_people_might_have_forgotten/

From the Panel From Hell 5. The thread poster says Sven mentions classes & races. Races specifically stated to NOT all be released for EA.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by OcO

I just saw this thread on Reddit... https://www.reddit.com/r/BaldursGate3/comments/v8281k/old_larian_info_people_might_have_forgotten/

From the Panel From Hell 5. The thread poster says Sven mentions classes & races. Races specifically stated to NOT all be released for EA.

Thank you for the link.

That's a shame. I'm really looking forward to new races and hopefully new body sizes.

C
journeyman
journeyman
C
Originally Posted by OcO

I think it is sound of Larian to do this. We have enough races to keep us busy as long as we get all the classes. I like that they want to not just a little content away from us for release, but a fair bit (as it seems) which includes several parts of Act 1 as well. Releasing Grymforge was a stretch for them, but that one I think was good. We do need soem more stuff to keep us interested every once in a while.

Edit: I just realised it's all in PFH 3, I made a mistake on Reddit saying it was PFH 5. I have changed it now.

The part where Swen talks about food and races is after the 2h and 7min mark in PFH 3.

Last edited by Cantila; 09/06/22 01:21 PM.
A
apprentice
apprentice
A
From the datamined content we know that the three remaining PHB races (Half-Orcs, Gnomes, and Dragonborn) are very likely to be added since there's already quite a bit of existing content that uses their tags.

IIRC there's also some evidence of some uncommon races being considered such as Warforged, Duergar, Kenku, Tabaxi, and Genasi since people have found tags and lines for them. I wouldn't put too much hope on most of these uncommon races ending up into 1.0 version of the game though since it'd be difficult to create so much content reacting to so many different races.
Originally Posted by mr_planescapist
Less companions
Less classes
Less Races
Less encounters
Less NPCs
Less spells/abilities

BG1/2 have 7 races in total: Human, Elf, Half-elf, Dwarf, Halfling, Gnome, Half-Orc.

BG3 currently has 8: Human, Elf, Half-elf, Dwarf, Halfling, Gith, Drow, Tiefling. There's atleast 3 more common races from the PHB that are likely to be added after the EA. That puts the number of races in BG3 well above the number of races in BG1/2.

BG3 will also end up with all 12 PHB 5e classes: Wizard, Fighter, Paladin, Ranger, Druid, Monk, Barbarian, Bard, Cleric, Rogue, Warlock, and Sorcerer. This is equivalent to the number of classes in the EE versions of BG1/2 (Fighter, Ranger, Druid, Paladin, Barbarian, Cleric, Monk, Shaman, Mage, Sorcerer, Thief, Bard) and 1 more than the base non-EE versions of the game.

B
journeyman
journeyman
B
I'd rather have less races and make them actually matter. NPCs should comment about your race, it should make a difference if you are a Gith, Elf or a Half-Orc. Whats the point of having 100 races that only differ by a feat or stat point? It's not like you are going to play more than couple of them anyway.

T
Banned
Banned
T

Dragonborn
Gnome
Half Orc

You can call me TROLL in this thread, but I can not resist. The most funny moment for me in Early Acess was when I accidentically killed a Gnome when I tried to free the Gnome at a Windmill captured by Goblins. I laughed so much I almost fell of my chair! With a huge grin I refused to load and thought so be it the Gnome is dead.

Now more seriously said I believe this game will have more races, but that is up to Larian so I would not be surprised if the all races from Players Handbook is available as playable races at full release.

Last edited by Terminator2020; 09/06/22 04:29 PM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Bercon
It's not like you are going to play more than couple of them anyway.

T
Banned
Banned
T
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Originally Posted by Bercon
It's not like you are going to play more than couple of them anyway.
Well I think I will be neutral.... They should add all races in Players Handbook. No need for 100 races agree. However that no other races more inlcluded would be wrong.

It is not that simple it is only stats. Each races takes it toll on Larian to do graphics. Therefore I will not have some super hard want that all races included. I am fine with these races+ all races yet not included in Players Handbook.

That said I am neutral to idea they add more races if they add more races then in Players Handbook then so be it.

More important personally I think they add more Cleric Domains and subclasses and for example some missing spells example Cleric spell Spiritual Weapon. Spiritual Weapon spell exist example in Solasta game and I do not think it is some overpowerful spell. Now this wish is limited to Players Handbook mainly but if they add some more stuff outside of that so be it. At the same time I do not want to postpone release date to say year 2024 so therefore I will limit my wishes.

That said I do understand stuff like mounted combat and flying spell is not in the game and not some unclear spells like Wish.

Last edited by Terminator2020; 11/06/22 01:23 PM.
addict
addict
I thnk that I would prefer a full implementation of smaller selection of classes/races, where the game world recognizes and responds appropriately, rather than a larger selection that the game world mostly ignores.

If Larian want to, and can do a good job implementing more player races/classes than the PHB, that would be great; whether in the released game or as later updates or as part of any DLC or expansion. More is better as long as implementation quality does not suffer.

veteran
veteran
I wonder ... and this topic seems like good place to ask ...

Do you expect Larian to use their DoS Lizard model in BG-3 ?
Im almost affraid to say it out loud, but for example for Dragonborn race?

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
I wonder ... and this topic seems like good place to ask ...

Do you expect Larian to use their DoS Lizard model in BG-3 ?
Im almost affraid to say it out loud, but for example for Dragonborn race?

Probably. They wouldn't have to tweak it much, from what I've seen of the lizard model.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard