Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 15 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Flooter #816312 07/06/22 05:53 PM
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Flooter
Originally Posted by JandK
Heck, does anyone here even know the date Patch 8 will be released and what will be in the patch?
Patch 8 will release june 15th at 7pm GMT. It will contain the bard class with a few subclasses. Because the current reaction system would be a huge nerf to Bardic Inspiration, reactions will see some kind of change.

Then we’ll all try patch 8 and come back here to critique, argue, nitpick, and generally have a good time.

So I have said and so it shall be.

May the Truth be with you.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
dbarron #816330 08/06/22 02:08 AM
old hand
old hand
Best case scenario: a decent game, but a poor follow-up to Baldur's Gate 2 / Baldur's Gate 2: Throne of Bhaal. BGINO.

Flooter #816332 08/06/22 05:14 AM
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Flooter
So I have said and so it shall be.
Prepare to be blamed otherwise ... laugh

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
dbarron #816336 08/06/22 11:25 AM
veteran
veteran
Well, if it's going to be next week, we are probably bound to hear about it by the end of this one.
Otherwise... Second half of June at best.

Last edited by Tuco; 08/06/22 11:25 AM.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
Tuco #816337 08/06/22 12:14 PM
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Tuco

I feel the same way. The MTG DND Crossover Set from WotC will be released this Friday: https://mtg.fandom.com/wiki/Commander_Legends:_Battle_for_Baldur%27s_Gate
I bet nothing will be announced by Larian before this release. And I also assume that they will also promote the TCG as soon as it's officially released and maybe that's why they're waiting.

Last edited by Lotus Noctus; 08/06/22 12:15 PM.
Tuco #816354 08/06/22 05:04 PM
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Tuco
Well, if it's going to be next week, we are probably bound to hear about it by the end of this one.
I had such high hopes upon seeing a tweet notification from Larian an hour ago, but it’s just Swen playing with a Steam Deck… Things aren’t looking good for my future as a prophet.

Lotus Noctus makes a good point about the MtG/DnD crossover dropping Friday. I could see Larian saying “have fun on pre-release weekend, see you next week for patch 8.”

Larian, please make accessibility a priority for upcoming patches.
dbarron #816815 14/06/22 05:37 PM
old hand
old hand
One more week and it will have been a full month since they teased the PFH.

I feel like Larian has a pretty bad habit of teasing things too far in advance.

Then again, nothing compares to the Dragon's Dogma fans getting blue balled yesterday.

Last edited by Saito Hikari; 14/06/22 05:38 PM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Saito Hikari
Then again, nothing compares to the Dragon's Dogma fans getting blue balled yesterday.
I understood this reference.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
dbarron #816818 14/06/22 05:51 PM
veteran
veteran
Still not bad as Paradox Interactive ...
But slow and steady getting close. :-/

dbarron #816822 14/06/22 07:01 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
We still have about 16 days left in June. I'm not terribly surprised we haven't seen it yet.

dbarron #816832 14/06/22 10:12 PM
journeyman
journeyman
I've been getting surprised by Larian for 7 EA patches now, and it was always a "Wait ... WHAT?! Ohh no ..." type of surprise.

I'm getting ready to keep being surprised in that way up till they drop the first DLC for this game.

Solasta D&Does what BG3 D&Doesn't.
dbarron #816838 15/06/22 04:47 AM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Larian is not planning on doing DLCs. They are not a huge fan of the practice.

dbarron #816839 15/06/22 05:16 AM
veteran
veteran
The series of free gift bags that came out for D:OS2 were well received, and they were indeed DLC - downloadable extra content for the base game released post launch. Though if I recall, they only arrived over a year after the original release of the game, after the enhanced edition, I think? (My details on that are fuzzy)

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by spacehamster95
Larian is not planning on doing DLCs. They are not a huge fan of the practice.
True ...
But that both can easily change.

Niara #816847 15/06/22 10:16 AM
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Niara
The series of free gift bags that came out for D:OS2 were well received, and they were indeed DLC
Well, they were free - generally DLC refers to paid post launch content with few exceptions - and I am pretty sure they were popular community mods implemented into the game as console players don’t have access to modding. Larian certainly provides post launch support (usually with enhanced edition once they finish console port).

Wormerine #816876 15/06/22 04:21 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Wormerine
Originally Posted by Niara
The series of free gift bags that came out for D:OS2 were well received, and they were indeed DLC
Well, they were free - generally DLC refers to paid post launch content with few exceptions - and I am pretty sure they were popular community mods implemented into the game as console players don’t have access to modding. Larian certainly provides post launch support (usually with enhanced edition once they finish console port).

Exactly, my understanding of DLC is purchasable post-launch content.

dbarron #816900 16/06/22 01:59 AM
veteran
veteran
To me, DLC is DLC, and it comes in "Paid DLC" and "Free DLC" types... Paid is more common than free, sure, but not by such an overwhelming amount as to be definitional - at least, not across the spectrum of games that I personally play. I do find it pretty sad and telling that a lot of people treat Paid DLC as the basic definition of DLC itself, these days... it certainly did not used to be that way even a short handful of years ago (nothing against those individuals, just against the industry itself).
If it is officially released material that is downloaded for a game post launch, then it's DLC, by literal definition - the gift bags were DLC. They were Free DLC. Larian has a strong disinclination to release Paid DLC, but they're perfectly happy with releasing Free DLC.

Last edited by Niara; 16/06/22 01:59 AM.
dbarron #816903 16/06/22 03:13 AM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Post release content:

1) If you didn't choose to download it and can't disable out of it explicitly, it's free, and it was made by the game developers, it's a patch

2) If you chose to download it, you can disable it explicitly, and it was made by the game developers, it's DLC. You may or may not pay money for it.

3) If you chose to download it, you can disable it, it's free, and it was made by someone other than the game developers, it's a mod.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Eagle Pursuit
Post release content:

1) If you didn't choose to download it and can't disable out of it explicitly, it's free, and it was made by the game developers, it's a patch

2) If you chose to download it, you can disable it explicitly, and it was made by the game developers, it's DLC. You may or may not pay money for it.

3) If you chose to download it, you can disable it, it's free, and it was made by someone other than the game developers, it's a mod.
+1

If we are piling in definitions:

I personally also like to distinguish DLC and Expansions. There just a big enough gap with what expansions in the old days offered, and the small bits of content that became popular with DLCs I don't like to throw them both into one basket, as IMO they offer rather different experience. The easiest example is Firaxis - XCOM2s small DLCs being DLCs and War of the Chosen being an expansion, with how much content it offers and how it overhauls experience on a deep level, rather then just sprinkling content on top of the base game.

As to D:OS2, it got only one DLC and that's Sir Lora was and is on sale. It got patched several times though, unclusing Enhanced Edition that included enhancements made during development of the console port.

I rarely see see DLCs. D:OS2 Sir Lora isn't really that as I think it was pre-order bonus for console release with existing D:OS2 owners getting it for free), Witcher3 that released bunch of "free DLC" to keep player engagement leading up to paid DLC release, and similar thing happened with Deadfire. DLC release in those cases has been more of a marketing stunt, then anything else. There is really no reason to release new beards as a additional free download instead of just patching it into the game outside PR.

Last edited by Wormerine; 16/06/22 11:21 AM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Eagle Pursuit
Post release content:

4) If you chose to download it, you can disable it, you paid for it, and it was made by someone other than the game developers, That's Illegal! (and no longer protected under fair use or transformative work laws)

Page 11 of 15 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard