Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
With so many suggestions being made so rapidly for BG3, I figured it would help to have a way to express approval for a given post or idea, potentially giving the Larian team a better way to get feedback on community ideas.

I'm new, so I'm not sure if I simply don't have the permissions needed to do this yet, but wanted to put the idea forward in the event that it's not a thing, currently.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Online Sleepy
Duchess of Gorgombert
There is a facility to upvote but it isn't enabled as it tends to encourage cliques to form. I can see a case could be made for all the "+1" replies but on balance it's probably best left as it is. OTOH, "it's not just you"!

J'aime le fromage.
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
I'm not sure that cliques wouldn't form regardless, tbh.

I get not allowing downvotes, though.

Cleric of Innuendo
Cleric of Innuendo
I see problems with reaction voting on other sites, not exactly as Vometia describes but often with trolls and known trouble-makers stalking posters they have disagreed with and leaving negative reactions to all their posts, regardless of content.

I'm not of the generation whose seem to live and die by their online presence, but even I get ticked off by such behaviour. On the other hand, it would be nice sometimes to get simple feedback, knowing that you aren't the only one feeling a certain way, without someone having to create a whole new post just to say 'I agree' (or, conversely, 'disagree'). Ho hum, as Vometia has said before, people are (mostly) human and you cannot cater for trolls and idiots abusing otherwise useful forum features.

Z
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Z
I respect the positions of the mods and admins on this issue, but I think just having an "I agree with this post" button as a standalone could be good where you could hover over an icon and see each user who agrees. I think this keeps accountability while also circumventing the issue of having to make a reply every time you just want to agree with something. And then if someone disagrees, they still have to make a reasoned argument in a post disagreeing.

Remember the human (This is a forum for a video game):

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard