Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12
#818107 30/06/22 05:09 PM
Umbra Offline OP
OP Offline
The next Panel from Hell will be on the 7th of July.

In a theatre, gotta be Bard surely?

https://twitter.com/larianstudios/status/1542553663427813378

Last edited by Umbra; 30/06/22 05:10 PM.
veteran
veteran
Are you kidding me?
It WILL BE on my birthday. laugh laugh laugh

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 30/06/22 05:11 PM.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
Umbra Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Are you kidding me?

Cool, hope it's a good birthday treat for you!

I'll be on holiday in a tent, so I'll have to watch it/highlights when I get back.

veteran
veteran
I think I'll just wait for Niara's report on it smile More entertaining for me. (if she's doing it and willing to share her thoughts of course, don't want to seem entitled)

Last edited by Boblawblah; 30/06/22 05:24 PM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Boblawblah
I think I'll just wait for Niara's report on it smile More entertaining for me. (if she's doing it and willing to share her thoughts of course, don't want to seem entitled)
I wonder. It became a bit of a local tradition at this point.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
T
apprentice
apprentice
T
Hopefully patch 8 will finally include level 5 so we can actually test something that really needs to be tested (multi-attack and level 3 spells) as there's definitely more than enough experience to reach level 5 (and possibly level 6) within Act 1.

veteran
veteran
Can’t wait! celebrate 🎸 🎷

R
apprentice
apprentice
R
Don't know if it's the best thread to ask... but what's the main appeal/features of Bards in D&D?
Memes that they romance anyone aside laugh

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Ruswarr
Don't know if it's the best thread to ask... but what's the main appeal/features of Bards in D&D?

I second this question.

I've always felt weird about the bard. While everyone else is fighting, they're singing?

enthusiast
enthusiast
Ah, good stuff ahead. Take us deeper Sven.

addict
addict
About time :P

Was getting a bit tired to pop in daily, only to see people still discussing the "to be or not to be rotten food" :P

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Tahapenes
Hopefully patch 8 will finally include level 5 so we can actually test something that really needs to be tested (multi-attack and level 3 spells) as there's definitely more than enough experience to reach level 5 (and possibly level 6) within Act 1.

There's enough XP in the existing content to reach between level 8 and 9 ( or 9 and 10, I forget which ) if you are a completionist. There is a mod called "LevelUp" on the nexusmods.com web site that allows you to continue past level 4, but it takes a while to update the mod after each new patch.

To be honest, multi-attack is a non-event as far as testing is concerned, and most higher-level spells have not been implemented, so testing above level 4 with this mod is hit and miss. It does add class features where that is possible and there are other mods that add classes/subclasses/races that are not yet implemented. None of that is supplied by Larian, so it is just a bit of fun to add them after you have become bored testing a new patch.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by JandK
Originally Posted by Ruswarr

I second this question.

I've always felt weird about the bard. While everyone else is fighting, they're singing?

I used to like bards in the earlier versions of D&D ( they were not in the original game ). Mainly they are Jack-of-all-trades. Can fight a bit, can cast a bit, and have versatile skills.

There is a mod that adds the 5e bard to EA. It seems to play as a mix of caster and skill monkey ( particularly with college of lore ), but has some martial capacity.

Traditional bard song has disappeared. Now you have can "inspire" a single creature as a bonus action, improve short rests by singing the party a cheery song and buff saves for fear and charm within 30 feet as an action. The save buff is as close to the old bard-song concept as it gets.

Certainly makes a good face-character in single-player, with the focus on skills and high charisma, and would be an easy choice in a party of 6; but maybe not with only 4?

addict
addict
Are you kidding me?

Is that why we had to wait?

veteran
veteran
Yep 😋

R
apprentice
apprentice
R
Originally Posted by etonbears
I used to like bards in the earlier versions of D&D ( they were not in the original game ). Mainly they are Jack-of-all-trades. Can fight a bit, can cast a bit, and have versatile skills.

There is a mod that adds the 5e bard to EA. It seems to play as a mix of caster and skill monkey ( particularly with college of lore ), but has some martial capacity.

Traditional bard song has disappeared. Now you have can "inspire" a single creature as a bonus action, improve short rests by singing the party a cheery song and buff saves for fear and charm within 30 feet as an action. The save buff is as close to the old bard-song concept as it gets.

Certainly makes a good face-character in single-player, with the focus on skills and high charisma, and would be an easy choice in a party of 6; but maybe not with only 4?
So pretty much party face, almost pure support? We'll see ofc but it does seem a little hard to fit into a party of four.

veteran
veteran
Are you kidding me?

Imagine Swen whish you a happy birthday live !

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
M
M
Maybe they will announce removal of the few remaining good parts of the game (PHB) and change the name to DOS 3.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Boblawblah
Same here. smile

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by machinus
Maybe they will announce removal of the few remaining good parts of the game (PHB) and change the name to DOS 3.
Hehe. Can't help chuckling at this. wink

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard