Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 15 of 15 1 2 13 14 15
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Lotus Noctus
Well, if one of the things mentioned (and maybe an increased party limit) comes with the next patch, I'll be happy.
To elaborate: there's a very remote chance we'll see the level cap raised to 5 (but I wouldn't count on it) while it's basically a given that neither new races nor multiclassing will make it in the next patch (and at this point I doubt in EA at all).

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
dbarron #818186 01/07/22 07:32 AM
veteran
Online Content
veteran
I'm okay with new races not being introduced in EA honestly. There's less mechanical stuff to test with them, so they can afford to just not include more at this stage. Plus it is something worth saving for full release. Multiclass I think is probably something they should test before launch, but hey, devs release complex games all the times without EA testing, so I'm sure they're doing soemthing about it on their end.

Gray Ghost #818187 01/07/22 07:35 AM
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Gray Ghost
I'm okay with new races not being introduced in EA honestly.
Well, I won't throw a tantrum about it but I can't really say it makes me happy.
For one, because it's a symptom that things are being included far more slowly that originally suggested when the EA started.

And that aside, I'm in dire need to have something new as a stimulus to go through another playthrough.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
Tuco #818188 01/07/22 09:35 AM
S
old hand
old hand
S
I see it as Larian not wanting to show everything before release to keep some new content for existing players. I'm very ok with it, I already have dozen of hours and I trust Larian for the release.

Tuco #818192 01/07/22 10:31 AM
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by virion
Originally Posted by Tuco
I am still hopeful for a Level 5/6 multiclass Half-Orc Bard/Cleric biggrin
That's basically setting yourself for guaranteed disappointment.

Well, if one of the things mentioned (and maybe an increased party limit) comes with the next patch, I'll be happy. ;-) But that's probably just as naive as some hope the release will be in mid or late 2023... :hihi:
They confirmed 2023 release few weeks/months ago I believe. Which officially makes it the first release date they confirmed.

12 months is a large window. I will give you that.

I already knew that, but it's not a guarantee. How often has it happened in the video game industry that it was said: For reason X we are postponing the release... Of course I would be very happy if I'm wrong, especially with BG 3 I want to lose myself in this game. But let's see which game comes first... (I'm also waiting for Diablo 4, Dragon Age 4, Hogwarts Legacy etc. but in the end I only have time for one game). I have the odd thought that it can also happen because other popular game series might come out in the same year (possibly 2023?) that Larian then decides to postpone his own release...

Originally Posted by Tuco
Well, if one of the things mentioned (and maybe an increased party limit) comes with the next patch, I'll be happy.
To elaborate: there's a very remote chance we'll see the level cap raised to 5 (but I wouldn't count on it) while it's basically a given that neither new races nor multiclassing will make it in the next patch (and at this point I doubt in EA at all).

Lesser testing time for me then. But lets see what will happen... Maybe there is another interesting stuff e. g. deities...

dbarron #818506 04/07/22 04:23 AM
veteran
veteran
Quick update on the "box" and Shadowheart and the permutations video. I just had to play through completely avoiding Shadowheart just to see how jarring it was, and holy, it was worse than I was imagining. Seriously, out of nowhere she just pops into existence with this box, and starts talking to me as if we've met before. I told her to go away, and she said "please hurry, i'll just wait here for you". so she just stands there? waiting? until the next time she'll magically appear? Or will the one ring, i mean the box betray her and come to me of it's own accord?

What's worse is, I was curious to see what would happen if I killed her, so i did, and THEN they do the magical box comes to me and won't let me drop it scene. Why the hell didn't they just use that in the first place if it's such an important part of the plot? I..wow. I really hope they redo that part. I know it's EA, and we know that they're aware of how ridiculous the scene is from that video, so I do have faith they'll fix it. I just had to see it for myself.

rant over smile

Boblawblah #818507 04/07/22 05:11 AM
P
addict
addict
P
Originally Posted by Boblawblah
Quick update on the "box" and Shadowheart and the permutations video. I just had to play through completely avoiding Shadowheart just to see how jarring it was, and holy, it was worse than I was imagining. Seriously, out of nowhere she just pops into existence with this box, and starts talking to me as if we've met before. I told her to go away, and she said "please hurry, i'll just wait here for you". so she just stands there? waiting? until the next time she'll magically appear? Or will the one ring, i mean the box betray her and come to me of it's own accord?

What's worse is, I was curious to see what would happen if I killed her, so i did, and THEN they do the magical box comes to me and won't let me drop it scene. Why the hell didn't they just use that in the first place if it's such an important part of the plot? I..wow. I really hope they redo that part. I know it's EA, and we know that they're aware of how ridiculous the scene is from that video, so I do have faith they'll fix it. I just had to see it for myself.

rant over smile

Yeah it's somehow worse than it was 6 months ago. I tried ignoring Shadowheart on one play through, only for her to show up later like that, but now we have all the additional scenes with the box as well. If it's the box that is the most important thing, not Shadow herself, then please find a way to give us this important macguffin without also forcing an entire person on us. If Shadow's story with the box is the important thing, then she can just show up later, she doesn't have to be forced into our camp.

During that play through where I ignored her until she showed up, her interaction went strange, i could talk to her, but I'd only have her generic greeting as she crouched on the ground, and then end, So she was just in my camp being totally useless. Pretty sure this wouldn't happen if I tried ignoring her again, but there was no reason for this to happen in the first place.

Piff #818508 04/07/22 05:26 AM
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Piff
Originally Posted by Boblawblah

rant over smile

Yeah it's somehow worse than it was 6 months ago. I tried ignoring Shadowheart on one play through, only for her to show up later like that, but now we have all the additional scenes with the box as well. If it's the box that is the most important thing, not Shadow herself, then please find a way to give us this important macguffin without also forcing an entire person on us. If Shadow's story with the box is the important thing, then she can just show up later, she doesn't have to be forced into our camp.

During that play through where I ignored her until she showed up, her interaction went strange, i could talk to her, but I'd only have her generic greeting as she crouched on the ground, and then end, So she was just in my camp being totally useless. Pretty sure this wouldn't happen if I tried ignoring her again, but there was no reason for this to happen in the first place.

At least "She" is showing up with the box at your described playthroughs... Try
to go north or northwest from the Githyanki Patrol location or north of the Goblin Camp. Somekind of dream voice cutscene starts and the box appears WITHOUT Shadowheart - that is way more spooky.

Last edited by Lotus Noctus; 04/07/22 05:29 AM.
Piff #818511 04/07/22 06:43 AM
veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
If it's the box that is the most important thing, not Shadow herself, then please find a way to give us this important macguffin without also forcing an entire person on us.
Thats the neat part ...
They dont even need to "find a way" ... people allready found it for them to use. laugh

Just put the Box on some table next to Shadowheart pod ...
And voila!
- you either save her and she picks it ...
- or it seems important and you pick it ...
- or you ignore it ... and when you fall on that beach ... surprise! There is something in your pocket! smile

If you team up with Shadow she can have it ...
If you kill her it will fly to you ...
If you ignore her she will stalk you until one night she decide to attack you in order to retrieve her box ...

Seems perfect to me.

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
If it's the box that is the most important thing, not Shadow herself, then please find a way to give us this important macguffin without also forcing an entire person on us.
Thats the neat part ...
They dont even need to "find a way" ... people allready found it for them to use. laugh

Just put the Box on some table next to Shadowheart pod ...
And voila!
- you either save her and she picks it ...
- or it seems important and you pick it ...
- or you ignore it ... and when you fall on that beach ... surprise! There is something in your pocket! smile

If you team up with Shadow she can have it ...
If you kill her it will fly to you ...
If you ignore her she will stalk you until one night she decide to attack you in order to retrieve her box ...

Seems perfect to me.

I thought the idea was that the mind flayers we're also after it. So SH was hiding it in the pod with her so no one could get it. Best they could do was infect her. I mean, she's a trickery Cleric, so I was guessing she used her powers to deceive them so they wouldn't find it. But, you know, it's all speculation. We don't really know.

It's still early access. Hopefully they tweak this a bit more and in the end it all makes more sense.

GM4Him #818525 04/07/22 01:31 PM
veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
Originally Posted by GM4Him
I thought the idea was that the mind flayers we're also after it.
Dunno ... she only says that the Cult of the Absolute wants it ...

But even if they would be after it i think this scenario would be useable ... i mean they were "after us" aswell, and we were on board. laugh
Things just messed up during transport. smile

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
Page 15 of 15 1 2 13 14 15

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard