Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 12
veteran
veteran
I wonder if we finaly get chance to customize our starting gear.

//Edit:
@OcO ... Thank you. ^_^

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 01/07/22 07:06 AM.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Elebhra
Well patch notes teaser mentions Stinking Cloud fix. So to me it definitely confirms level 5, since it’s level 3 spell.

Hope overdrive.

Not to be the Debbie Downer, but that clip with David reading patch notes is from a previous panel from hell, so it has absolutely no bearing on the chances to get level 5 in this patch.

Also, as a general rule the inclusion of a spell in an update just means it can be used by NPCs. It's not necessarily something the player is getting.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
enthusiast
enthusiast
Kind of disappointed we are getting the bard now, because it is an all round class that does a bit of what everyone else does, I would have liked something new to experience
hopefully level 5 is incoming so we can still get some new. I hope this panel is good im looking forward to it

veteran
veteran
Wondering if we’ll see some of these tweaks to the reaction system Larian promised months ago.

Then again they also promised tweaks to the dialogue system when EA started and we are still waiting.
I’m sort of expecting some of these alleged improvements to be ditched at this point.

Last edited by Tuco; 01/07/22 10:59 AM.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Tuco
Then again they also promised tweaks to the dialogue system when EA started and we are still waiting.
Maybe it will be in patch 8! 🤞🤞🤞

Originally Posted by Maximuuus
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Are you kidding me?
It WILL BE on my birthday. laugh laugh laugh

Imagine Swen whish you a happy birthday live !

Imagine Swen reading the forums.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by S2PHANE
Imagine Swen reading the forums.

[Linked Image from i.kym-cdn.com]

R
old hand
old hand
R
Originally Posted by Tuco
Wondering if we’ll see some of these tweaks to the reaction system Larian promised months ago.

I’m sort of expecting some of these alleged improvements to be ditched at this point.

I would not expected a new dialogue system or story changes in EA. It's not like they can make the dialogue system worse, so it doesn't really matter to the tests and I doubt they'll do it all over again.
What we can see in EA are mechanical changes but I doubt if there will be more. Of course, they can throw us some new location or companion, but I doubt it because they will certainly want to leave as much as possible for the premiere.

Last edited by Rhobar121; 01/07/22 12:53 PM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Rhobar121
What we can see in EA are mechanical changes but I doubt if there will be more. Of course, they can throw us some new location or companion, but I doubt it because they will certainly want to leave as much as possible for the premiere.

The patches are marketing events. They want it to result in more youtube and twitch channel coverage, which results in more sales. It's in their interest to add in things that will draw more attention.

Obviously, they don't want to show their entire hand before the full release, but it's reasonable to think we might see an extra location or level five.

I'd really love to see new races, specifically, the half-orc and dragonborn. Some folks say they're waiting on full release to showcase those, but I suspect it has more to do with getting the models working properly with the gear and such. Also, I want more clothing options and cloaks and belts and so on.

Personally, I'm excited regardless.

R
old hand
old hand
R
Originally Posted by JandK

The patches are marketing events. They want it to result in more youtube and twitch channel coverage, which results in more sales. It's in their interest to add in things that will draw more attention.

Obviously, they don't want to show their entire hand before the full release, but it's reasonable to think we might see an extra location or level five.

I'd really love to see new races, specifically, the half-orc and dragonborn. Some folks say they're waiting on full release to showcase those, but I suspect it has more to do with getting the models working properly with the gear and such. Also, I want more clothing options and cloaks and belts and so on.

Personally, I'm excited regardless.

They have long announced that the races will not appear until the premiere.

addict
addict
4..5 years of dev, including 2 years EA for the game and still not all the classes and races to test out?

I am confused.
What is Larian afraid of??
Spill the milk already. Stuff the pie. Slurp the noodles. Crush the meatballs.

Last edited by mr_planescapist; 01/07/22 02:10 PM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by mr_planescapist
4..5 years of dev, including 2 years EA for the game and still not all the classes and races to test out?

Main development started in late Q4 of 2018 going into 2019, with onboarding and preparations for the teams, it's fair to guess around mid-Q1 of 2019. Production was for barely a year before EA launched. Not 3 years. But no one should be surprised that game development takes time. Besides, Larian has been very clear that only Act 1 would be available through early access, and there's no publication of intent to release all classes and races during EA either. That's solely a player-injected expectation, hope or demand. There's no entitlement here.

Last edited by The Composer; 01/07/22 02:17 PM.
R
old hand
old hand
R
Originally Posted by mr_planescapist

I am confused.
What is Larian afraid of??
Spill the milk already. Stuff the pie. Slurp the noodles. Crush the meatballs.

What the hell are you supposed to test races for?

veteran
veteran
They haven't exactly been SO explicit (the wording was something like "We'll be very conservative with adding more races in EA", it wasn't a net "We aren't adding anymore") but yeah, I also interpreted it as the sugarcoated version of a "Tough luck, suckers. We are busy with other shit so see ya in release".

Last edited by Tuco; 01/07/22 02:18 PM.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Also, I want more clothing options and cloaks and belts and so on.
Oh dear, how did I forget? YES, cloaks, please.

How can I be a bard without a cloak? cry

As to the topic of what we can expect to see for the EA? We still have quite a few PFH if they keep up the 2-month routine, one can assume each one will bring at least one big thing (new race, class, level, area - at least partial area). Think that was the case so far?

On the other hand EA is more for testing out mechanics and to see how people react to certain things, get a feel on what people like and complain about. They already know we all want Dragonborn grin

edit:
On a side note, Larian has experience with races smililar to Dragonborn, seen that red lizard in DOS2, that was a playable race, so I imagine not much testing is needed...sadly.

Last edited by Vitani; 01/07/22 02:30 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
What do you think is more likely, that Larian will implement the DnD reaction system accurately so the Bard works the way it does in DnD, or that Larian will homebrew the Bard to work with the BG3 combat system as it stands?

Yeah, I have bad news for DnD textualists.

veteran
veteran

Source?

R
old hand
old hand
R

Source?

I'm not going to look for it, but it was probably mentioned in some panel (3rd or 4th).

veteran
veteran
What the hell are you supposed to test races for?
Ask Niara. laugh

https://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=811749&page=1

veteran
veteran
Source?

Time: 2:07:53 wink

//Edit: Its actualy interesting to re-watch theese old PFH ...
In 2:33:20 Swen mentions that they are working on inventory revamp. O_o
I wonder if that is what they did with inventory in last patch, or something else. laugh

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 01/07/22 06:01 PM.

Page 3 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 12

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard