Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12
veteran
veteran
Pretty sure that they are considering the "inventory revamp" what they already did with the past patch.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Time: 2:07:53 wink

Yeah, that's what I thought was being referenced. I don't know if I'd classify that as "long announced that the races will not appear until the premiere."

People have a way of hearing one thing, interpreting it into another, and then presenting it as undisputed fact.

veteran
veteran
Indeed ...
But in this case, i dont think they are wrong ...

I mean sure, Swen say in this very question that they have bunch of things planned for Early Acess yet ... but i dont think he was talking about races, sounded like things in general. :-/

Still puzzles me tho ...
I can understand that they are keeping Half-Orcs or Dragonborns hidden, since they will be big surprise indeed ... but EA is allready full of Gnomes, so their look would hardly surprise anyone. laugh
And i think we all agree that Gnomes are the best race ever ... so i wonder why is Larian keeping them out of our reach. frown frown frown

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
addict
addict
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
And i think we all agree that Gnomes are the best race ever

We don't :p

old hand
old hand
The "furry"/"scaley" races are obviously the best! Dragonborn, Tabaxi, Kenku... stuff like that! <3

veteran
veteran
lol, I just want the half-orc

veteran
veteran
Elves are the best!😊 🐻

veteran
veteran
Especially buff, muscle-bound ones, right, Icelyn?

veteran
veteran
[Linked Image from 1.bp.blogspot.com]

Icelyn... Eat your heart out. 😁

Last edited by GM4Him; 02/07/22 03:32 AM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Niara
Especially buff, muscle-bound ones, right, Icelyn?
Exactly so! biggrin

Originally Posted by GM4Him
[Linked Image from 1.bp.blogspot.com]

Icelyn... Eat your heart out. 😁
Perfect! celebrate celebrate celebrate

veteran
veteran
I like gnomes, but my favorites are halfelves , halflings and tieflings.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
veteran
veteran
You people have no sense for Gnomish perfection ... :P

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
R
old hand
old hand
R
Gnomes are the best race, especially well seasoned. My friend told me this.

Last edited by Rhobar121; 02/07/22 07:31 AM.
addict
addict
Man did this BG3 character creator get old fast.
I really hope we get more body/face variations...since we obviously can't use custom portraits.

Last edited by mr_planescapist; 02/07/22 08:27 AM.
addict
addict
Hey today, I am optimistic. That happens about once a year so enjoy.

Basically Larian has right now TWO BG3 games:

-Shit EA BG3 version with less of everything and annoying meme inducing content to test and confirm crap that did not work.

-Release BG3 which has everything we could ever hope for. More interesting deep D&D system, bigger immersive maps, faster combat, clean reactive dialogues with banters and non static BACKGROUND REACTIONS ( THIS I DESPISE THE MOST), Day/Night, no toilet chain UI, Tons of races/classes, playable 10+ NPCs etc....

Last edited by mr_planescapist; 02/07/22 08:29 AM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Rhobar121
Gnomes are the best race, especially well seasoned. My friend told me this.

Well... Seasoned?

???

[Linked Image from blogger.googleusercontent.com]

Taste like chicken. 👹

[Linked Image from blogger.googleusercontent.com]

Last edited by GM4Him; 02/07/22 08:48 AM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by mr_planescapist
Man did this BG3 character creator get old fast.
I really hope we get more body/face variations...since we obviously can't use custom portraits.

Man. I couldn't agree less. I mean, I'd like more body types and such, don't get me wrong, but compare character creation in BG3 to Solasta or even Pathfinder...

At least in WotR, they let me upload my own portraits. That was fun. But Kingmaker... Ugh. That, for me, was the worst part. I can't stand avatars that don't match their portraits, and many cRPGs do that including BG1 and 2. I feel like I'm stuck creating only a select group of characters because I have to pick a portrait.

At least for BG3, I have LOTS of choices for how my character looks, and they look pretty dang good. Could be better in various ways - like more elvish elves and bigger body types - but WAY better than a lot of games.

BG3 character creation is one of my favorite parts. I sometimes create characters for tabletop using BG3 just to give my characters a good looking image making them how I want them to look instead of hunting the internet for a portrait that kinda sorta matches my character look. Player characters too.

Last edited by GM4Him; 02/07/22 09:00 AM.
veteran
veteran
At least in WotR, they let me upload my own portraits. That was fun. But Kingmaker... Ugh. That, for me, was the worst part. I can't stand avatars that don't match their portraits.

Uh, you can upload your portrait in Kingmaker as well.

Last edited by Tuco; 02/07/22 10:02 AM.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
veteran
veteran
At least for BG3, I have LOTS of choices for how my character looks, and they look pretty dang good.

I do not think I will ever understand or even remotely comprehend how anyone could ever think to praise the BG3 character creator, in any way... I really just do not understand what positive merit anyone is seeing in it.

It's flat, bland, boring, samish, incredibly limited in options and poorly set out to boot. There is virtually no creativity or variation possible, beyond picking sex and voice, you choose all of three thing in order to make your character. I just do not get, at all, what anyone sees ini this absolute flaming pile of garbage of a character creator.

- You chose your sex
- You choose one of two voices, both of which are incredibly similar and bland.
- You choose on of 5-6 heads, four of which are incredibly similar too each other, and again, all with more or less similar features.
- You choose a hair, from the most archaic and user-unfriendly selection method possible; there's about 20, most of which have a very similar 'feel' to them.
- You choose eye and skin colour from fairly limited palettes with no ability to customise at all, beyond the pick boxes they give you.
- If you don't want a tattoo on your face, you skip the next step
- If you don't want ridiculous eye makeup, you skip that too.

-= And that's freaking it =-

This is not a character creator worth being called as such, and the 'show you or character' threads reams and reams of same-face same-character pictures is an excellent visual tool for demonstrating this.

I'm going to go ahead and say it; Solasta's character creator, as limited and restricted as it is, is still a better character creator than BBG3's! It's not as pretty, sure, but in terms of a character creator tool, it's better! Not by much - it's pretty atrocious too, don't get me wrong - but BG3's is worse, especially considering the visual quality that BG3 is trying to portray.

NWN2's character creator was more sophisticated than bg3's character creator, is currently, for crying out loud.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Niara
- If you don't want a tattoo on your face, you skip the next step
grin Never thought of that before! If the game lets you get naked, why won’t it let you have your tatoo in a more sensible spot than eyelids?

Larian, please make accessibility a priority for upcoming patches.
Page 4 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard