Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#818304 02/07/22 12:56 PM
V
Van'tal
Unregistered
Van'tal
Unregistered
V
I sincerely hope that's game content that we can't see, like new areas, and not bloat due to engine inefficiency.

I will probably not download this for a bit until some of the dust clears.

They are definitely busy!...perhaps they need to rotate the B team in for a week, and take some downtime and come in fresh.

#818308 02/07/22 01:02 PM
veteran
Online Content
veteran
Most of these 40 GB are going to replace previously existing data occupying the same 40 GB.
It's not like the game grew considerably in size.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
Tuco #818309 02/07/22 01:03 PM
V
Van'tal
Unregistered
Van'tal
Unregistered
V
Originally Posted by Tuco
Most of these 40 GB are going to replace previously existing data occupying the same 40 GB.

Ok, so not The Monster that ate NY.

#818312 02/07/22 01:12 PM
V
Van'tal
Unregistered
Van'tal
Unregistered
V
Well the vibe of this update so far is bug fixing.

...and is it just me, or does that cow look nervous? Like pondering what Red Devils eat?

Last edited by Van'tal; 02/07/22 01:17 PM.
Tuco #818315 02/07/22 01:26 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
I was under the impression the files will be around 110gb now complete

Xzoviac #818319 02/07/22 01:46 PM
veteran
Online Content
veteran
Originally Posted by Xzoviac
They confirmed that the size of the entire game post patch will be 104 GB.

Given that the CURRENT size of the game is 100 GB, it means that most of these 40 GB are replacing existing data rather than adding on top of it. Like I said.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
Xzoviac #818325 02/07/22 02:15 PM
veteran
veteran
Thats what we were told here:
(104GB tho)

https://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=818221#Post818221

For context curently this game takes 100,2GB on by pc ... so 4GB of some new data? O_o
Doesnt sound like much to me.

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
Tuco #818329 02/07/22 02:37 PM
S
S

Given that the CURRENT size of the game is 100 GB, it means that most of these 40 GB are replacing existing data rather than adding on top of it. Like I said.

I heard game designers will remove patch1~5 data, is that a big hard disk space? how many GB will be emptied out?

Last edited by stevelin7; 02/07/22 02:39 PM.
Tuco #818333 02/07/22 02:47 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast

Ahh right i didnt actually check how much space the files where currently taking, so 40gig of changes but file size is increased by just 4? Like 1 bards worth k
Of increase

Last edited by Xzoviac; 02/07/22 02:48 PM.
stevelin7 #818334 02/07/22 02:52 PM
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by stevelin7
I heard game designers will remove patch1~5 data, is that a big hard disk space? how many GB will be emptied out?
I thought they are only removing option to downgrade your game to those patches ...

Wich would mean nothing will be emptied from your PC.

RagnarokCzD #818336 02/07/22 02:58 PM
S
S
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
I thought they are only removing option to downgrade your game to those patches ...

Wich would mean nothing will be emptied from your PC.

I see, thank you.

#818379 02/07/22 10:58 PM
addict
addict
It is likely the 40GB download will uncompress to 104GB when installed, completely replacing the existing data. But it is not possible to know exactly how size on disk relates to content, as Larian may have modified how efficiently they store data for patch 8, in order to keep the size consistent.

They certainly have to move to a more efficient storage scheme before adding 2+ more acts at full release, or everyone will need to buy another SSD just to install BG3 smile

#818381 02/07/22 11:41 PM
R
old hand
old hand
R
Originally Posted by etonbears
It is likely the 40GB download will uncompress to 104GB when installed, completely replacing the existing data. But it is not possible to know exactly how size on disk relates to content, as Larian may have modified how efficiently they store data for patch 8, in order to keep the size consistent.

They certainly have to move to a more efficient storage scheme before adding 2+ more acts at full release, or everyone will need to buy another SSD just to install BG3 smile

Rather, it will not have more than 200gb, although I recommend reinstalling the game, it should reduce the size a bit.

etonbears #818383 03/07/22 01:04 AM
S
S

yes, you are right. the news topic from gamespot is a misleading and wrong!

I read carfeul the team blog post again that is "install size 104GB(unzip)", and 40GB is just for download with zip.

so is that possible toward moonraise towers this time before arriving baldur's gate?

Last edited by stevelin7; 03/07/22 01:10 AM.
Rhobar121 #818393 03/07/22 06:00 AM
S
S
Originally Posted by Rhobar121

Rather, it will not have more than 200gb, although I recommend reinstalling the game, it should reduce the size a bit.

I have a look my D drive disk space, and it is 237GB.

I think BG3 ought to be in 200GB, the installation will merge, update and add data into the game, but the animation video should still take many hard disk space when act 2 and act 3 add in to the game.

maybe I should prepare to buy a new hard disk when BG3 is released? laugh

stevelin7 #818397 03/07/22 07:48 AM
veteran
veteran
so is that possible toward moonraise towers this time before arriving baldur's gate?
Nah ... or at least not likely.

As stated abowe:
Patch 8 game will have 104GB ... but curently the game have 100,2GB (at least on my PC) ...
Meaning cca 36GB of the Patch will be just replacing old asets ... and the rest 4GB will be new things ...
Also keep in mind that some asets (cinematics, models, sounds,...) can be quite big compared to others. smile

If i would have to bet for new content ... i would say we might get acess to that crypt behind grymforge, that is quite small area, but its some new content and its kinda hinted by those statues on PFH post on twitter and Larian homepage. smile
But besides that? Few spells, some new armor, and i would not expect much more ... at worse, you can be pleasantly surprised. laugh

#818400 03/07/22 09:37 AM
addict
addict
My opinion on this...
40gb is nothing for what they should offer. BG3 hitting 100gig+ mark is normal...maybe on the low side for a Baldur's Gate game.

Think about it, BG2 in 2000 WITH NEARLY NO CINEMATICS, NO 3d Environments had 2.5 gigs of content. My currently MODDED game of bg2 is nearly 20gigs!!! (over 80 mods...) Taking into account <memory inflation> BG2 nowdays would be a 500gig game lol.

Last edited by mr_planescapist; 03/07/22 09:41 AM.
S
S
Originally Posted by mr_planescapist
My opinion on this...
40gb is nothing for what they should offer. BG3 hitting 100gig+ mark is normal...maybe on the low side for a Baldur's Gate game.

Think about it, BG2 in 2000 WITH NEARLY NO CINEMATICS, NO 3d Environments had 2.5 gigs of content. My currently MODDED game of bg2 is nearly 20gigs!!! (over 80 mods...) Taking into account <memory inflation> BG2 nowdays would be a 500gig game lol.

oh, I will need a 1000GB hard disk.

RagnarokCzD #818403 03/07/22 10:25 AM
S
S
m... but the grand PFH and the final patch, just for meeting the class bard??

I even heard we will meet a new companion in the new patch wink

maybe the team will show their effort in the hard disk space saving?
we shall have an expectation.

stevelin7 #818404 03/07/22 10:34 AM
veteran
veteran
I even heard we will meet a new companion in the new patch wink
That would be appreciated ...
But sounds like wild guess at best. frown

I would either wish for companion for each class ... or finaly allow us to create custom party.
Im really geting sick of the same old party over and over. frown

I mean, im aware it is possible through multiplayer "cheat"(?), but that i anoying and the feature was promised to full release so ... why wait? O_o

That and rolled stats. Same reasoning.

maybe the team will show their effort in the hard disk space saving?
we shall have an expectation.
Well, maybe i remember incorectly, but as far as i know the game was since the beginning advertised as 100+GB ...

Quite honestly i cant even imagine how can anyone play on some smaller disk ... i had 1TB and it barely kept all i want. laugh
So i had to upgrade to 4TB ... and its filling fast aswell. laugh

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard