Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 12 1 2 8 9 10 11 12
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Icelyn
Yay for PFH today!!! celebrate

+1!

To those of you who watch the PFH: how do you watch it? On Twitch, or do you watch it through Wolfheart on Youtube?

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by JandK

+1!

To those of you who watch the PFH: how do you watch it? On Twitch, or do you watch it through Wolfheart on Youtube?

It looks like it's gonna be available live on Larian's youtube channel.
I'll probably watch it on youtube.

PFH youtube

Last edited by Maximuuus; 07/07/22 01:43 PM.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Maximuuus

+1!

It looks like it's gonna be available live on Larian's youtube channel.
I'll probably watch it on youtube.

PFH youtube

Oh, nice! This is the exact kinda thing I was looking for.

L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
Originally Posted by Tuco
We already know they are aiming at the first half of 2023.

That makes the release date far enough that it doesn’t really make any difference getting any more details.

And anything more specific than that would be a tentative estimation and subject to change, anyway.

That is interesting. I just saw 2023 in their previous announcements.

Have they specified the first half anywhere? Or is that just kind of a reasonable assumption based on everything we know?

veteran
veteran
I'll be shocked if BG3 releases in the first half of 2023. Larian releases patches every ~4 months on average (5 in this one's case), and the game still requires 2 more classes (monk, paladin), other companion maybe, alleged reaction system overhaul, and an inevitable variety of other small-to-medium adjustments. Plus, most games are delayed from their initial release date these days. I'd say we're looking at 2-3 more patches after this one before release, and 2 patches already takes us into the latter half of 2023.

Patch 8: Now
Patch 9: November, 2022
Patch 10: March-April, 2023
Patch 11: ~August 2023 (optimistically the game will release here)
Only slightly pessimistic Release: Fall/Winter 2023
Very pessimistic Release: Early 2024

veteran
veteran
I usually watch on Twitch. 😊 They have links to both Twitch and YouTube on their website: https://baldursgate3.game/

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Lake Plisko
That is interesting. I just saw 2023 in their previous announcements.

Have they specified the first half anywhere? Or is that just kind of a reasonable assumption based on everything we know?
The latter. They were previously struggling to match a 2022 release no matter what and then they had to give up and by February of this year confirm that they post-poned the planned launch, claiming "we have more or less a year of development ahead of us", so it's reasonable to assume that when they say 2023 they are targeting the first half.
For the record that does NOT mean they'll match the target. There's plenty of room for the development to drag even more.

Then again that goes to stress the point that insisting on getting a specific date now would be fairly pointless.

Last edited by Tuco; 07/07/22 04:08 PM.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
N
old hand
old hand
N
Gotta say I got a little bardic inspiration going on right now.

old hand
old hand
Larian better hope the game's in a good state to release in the first half of 2023. The latter half of the year already seems like a potential bloodbath between FFXVI and FFF7R2, and the potential for Dragon's Dogma 2 and Dragon Age 4 to be releasing in that time period too. Sure, BG3 is a cRPG, but just about every cRPG enthusiast has already bought into the EA long ago, and BG3 is trying to get the attention of the wider gaming community. But the average RPG enthusiast that either hasn't yet bought into the EA and may be waiting for full launch for impressions, or doesn't yet know about it, is likely to skip over BG3 entirely compared to every other game I mentioned if BG3 releases too close to them.

Last edited by Saito Hikari; 07/07/22 05:11 PM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Saito Hikari
but just about every cRPG enthusiast has already bought into the EA long ago
Bold prediction: current EA sales will amount AT MOST to 30% of the total sales. Probably less.

Last edited by Tuco; 07/07/22 05:02 PM.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
N
old hand
old hand
N
I'm dying. I won't make it guys.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Tuco
Originally Posted by Saito Hikari
but just about every cRPG enthusiast has already bought into the EA long ago
Bold prediction: current EA sales will amount AT MOST to 30% of the total sales. Probably less.
Yeah, that's not a bad estimate, the cRPG community isn't very big to begin with and the game's aiming for the wider gaming community. There are a lot of people waiting on the fence for full impressions (or a sale). The issue is if BG3 is able to recapture the wider gaming community's attention compared to all the other crazy RPGs releasing in the back half of 2023.

With how long the EA has went, I wouldn't be surprised if there was a potential problem of the game not receiving a substantial sales bump at full launch at all because a lot of people think the game is still in EA.

Anyway, the PFH is certainly entertaining so far. These little skits are pretty funny, a lot better than the awkward RPG sessions in previous panels.

Last edited by Saito Hikari; 07/07/22 05:09 PM.
N
old hand
old hand
N
Their coffee machine has a loadingscreen?

I wanna be European

enthusiast
enthusiast
GNOOOOMES!

N
old hand
old hand
N
Sexy tiefling bard time Tavlando Bloom here i come!

old hand
old hand
97 insults... Intruging.

addict
addict
God, that intro was cringe. Larian please. More focus on game development in the future.

N
old hand
old hand
N
Originally Posted by PrivateRaccoon
God, that intro was cringe. Larian please. More focus on game development in the future.
Letting them embrace their inner nerds likely improves the games development though

G
addict
addict
G
Lol, no reactions. I knew it.

Bardic Inspiration is a bonus action, not even a free action.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by N7Greenfire
Originally Posted by PrivateRaccoon
Letting them embrace their inner nerds likely improves the games development though
Can't say I agree with the results of that so far. But like I've said before, I'm probably too old to be Larian's main target audience.

Page 10 of 12 1 2 8 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard