Swarm Ai! Awesome!

addict
addict
Swarm AI is a step in the right direction

addict
OP Offline
addict
Originally Posted by Eagle Pursuit
There's a reason to carry shovels around, hidden chests.

Yeah. I'm wondering if they'll follow up on this neat idea, be consistent in their game world, and make ropes useful too.

Also, new combat A.I. : the so-called swarm A.I. "Stupid" enemies will now take their turns together.

Admittedly, it was a very bad idea to design encounters that are large scale battles with 20+ combatants in a turn-based RPG, to start with. But hey, at least now these big set pieces will play out a lot more smoothly.

Sadly confirmed : Cutting Word applies a penalty to the target's next roll. Definitely not usable on Reaction.

Last edited by Drath Malorn; 07/07/22 05:50 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Indeed, there are a lot of tools laying around that I'd like to have a reason to pick up

N
old hand
old hand
N
Is Gale's portrait diffent or is just me?

addict
addict
Originally Posted by N7Greenfire

looks different

veteran
veteran
Someone other than Swen played through a combat encounter during the PfH. Hallelujah.

N
old hand
old hand
N
Originally Posted by Ranxerox
Originally Posted by N7Greenfire

looks different
He looks a little more sinister. Like this loadingscreen art.

N
old hand
old hand
N
Ohhh new elf animations

addict
addict
If they could give the same love to skins, making elves actually not look human.

Last edited by PrivateRaccoon; 07/07/22 06:06 PM.
veteran
veteran
sustained emotions on companions faces might lead to less time stuck on Tav making dumb, exaggerated, and/or no facial expressions...?

The impromptu band thingy is cool, I gotta admit. Dumb, but in a good, fun way.

A
addict
addict
A
so no reactions again... are they really making a dnd5e game?

addict
addict
Swarm AI is one of the things discusses at the very start when BG3 is released. Shame they didn't even tease they were working on it. I'm so hyped they did it. All those who made it a thing deserve a GIAGANTIC pizza.
ps: cool to see the technical side of their lives got an update.

Last edited by virion; 07/07/22 06:20 PM.

Alt+ left click in the inventory on an item while the camp stash is opened transfers the item there. Make it a reality.
A
journeyman
journeyman
A
Originally Posted by Archaven
so no reactions again... are they really making a dnd5e game?
This

veteran
veteran
Cool things in this patch like Swarm AI, expertise, detect thoughts, new races and classes...

But I'm absolutely dissapointed with the lack of words for the reaction, the resting system and shove that is still an bonus action.
Is that some of those systems in the final stages of the orange box ? Seriously Larian, keeping those core gameplay elements like they are currently would be a huge mistake.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Maximuuus
Cool things in this patch like Swarm AI, expertise, detect thoughts, new races and classes...

But I'm absolutely dissapointed with the lack of words for the reaction, the resting system and shove that is still an bonus action.
Is that some of those systems in the final stages of the orange box ? Seriously Larian, keeping those core gameplay elements like they are currently would be a huge mistake.

Yeah, it's a clear sign that it's time to pack it up regarding reactions. If they were really committed to addressing that elephant in the room, they would have said something about it, but they avoided the topic entirely during the panel from hell. From a pragmatic level on a development standpoint, the chances of a proper reaction system happening as the game gets closer to full release is simply not realistic. The cutting words tooltip does currently say it's a reaction, but given the current track record, it sounds like an oversight that will be quietly amended in a future patch.

Now it seems like they've just invited this topic to cast a pall over the entire game until the end of time. It's a bit ironic, Larian wants to emphasize choice in dialogues and how we approach each situation, and yet they cannot seem to figure out a way to implement the one major choice-based system that already exists in DnD combat.

Last edited by Saito Hikari; 07/07/22 07:10 PM.
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Saito Hikari
Originally Posted by Maximuuus

Yeah, it's a clear sign that it's time to pack it up regarding reactions. If they were really committed to addressing that elephant in the room, they would have said something about it, but they avoided the topic entirely during the panel from hell. From a pragmatic level on a development standpoint, the chances of a proper reaction system happening as the game gets closer to full release is simply not realistic. The cutting words tooltip does currently say it's a reaction, but given the current track record, it sounds like an oversight that will be quietly amended in a future patch.

Now it seems like they've just invited this topic to cast a pall over the entire game until the end of time.

I so feel the same way. Leaving reactions the way it is just makes everything completely different than 5ed.

S
old hand
old hand
S
Seeing the reaction crowd having a meltdown every patch is so funny to me lol

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by snowram
Seeing the reaction crowd having a meltdown every patch is so funny to me lol
It's going to be nothing compared to the meltdowns everyone will be having upon full launch, when you experience a full party wipe and have to reload 20 minutes+ of gameplay because you couldn't save your counterspell for that fireball thrown at your party.

I mean, unless Larian decides to work around it by having Counterspell just be a targeted spell that just pre-emptively disables the next spell used by the target (or mutes them for 1 turn or something). If something like this actually happens, I will find you again and bring this up in your face, since you wanna make this personal. It's not a good look when we can predict this stuff so far in advance.

At the same time, it's probably better for us to take the pragmatic standpoint by moving on to suggest workarounds at this point, since reactions are clearly beyond the capabilities of this game's engine. Say what you will about us 'detractors', we are at least making suggestions instead of heckling from the sidelines.

Last edited by Saito Hikari; 07/07/22 07:03 PM.
veteran
veteran
Things that sound great to me: detect thoughts being cast in dialogue, new elf animations, upgraded hairstyles and hairstyles available to all races, cinematic acting for background characters and sustained emotion acting in cinematics, Vicious Mockery, and musical instruments. 😊

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard