Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
S
I think it has escaped no one that Gale looks objectively worse in Patch 8 than he used to. He used to look fine, good even and there is no reason that I (in my admittedly limited thinking) can think why he needed a change? Does anyone here have some insight or speculation as to why Gale's appearance was changed? So maybe I am just dumb and clueless but what exactly were they trying to achieve by demoting Gale's appearance in patch 8?

Last edited by Spell&Spield; 08/07/22 02:21 PM.
veteran
veteran
I personally like the graying hair, not sure about the earring. They just added that hair customization in, so maybe they'll pull back a little later. Has anything else changed?

S
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
S
Originally Posted by Sozz
I personally like the graying hair, not sure about the earring. They just added that hair customization in, so maybe they'll pull back a little later. Has anything else changed?

Yes, his face looks a fair bit older...and generally less attractive.

veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
That should be obvious ... it was changed, bcs his previous look was just placeholder ... nice looking, true, but still just a placeholder ...

Now he get closer to "how he is SUPPOSED to look" ... a little older, a lot more exhausted (in my opinion at least) and with strange mark on his chest. smile

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
veteran
veteran
He doesn't, really.
But that's not his best version, either.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
veteran
veteran
I'm not able to go in-game currently, does anyone have a screenshot?

journeyman
journeyman
It's a matter of familiarity. You have become used to how he used to look and anything outside that is going to feel off now. Thus it will take a bit to get used to the new look. I like the new look, but I'm new to the game, so I didn't really have enough time with the original look to grow to attached to it.

enthusiast
enthusiast
He looks fine to me, and I like that they've added the mysterious tattoo/marking on his chest, just visible above the neckline of his robe. That's good visual storytelling. It foreshadows his personal quest.

S
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
S
Originally Posted by Boblawblah

[img]https://imgur.com/a/mvO3alR[/img]

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Spell&Spield
Originally Posted by Boblawblah

[img]https://imgur.com/a/mvO3alR[/img]

Nice! Gale looking awesome now!

edit: Wait, this thread is about him looking worse? I think he looks way better (imo of course)

Last edited by Boblawblah; 08/07/22 02:58 PM.
S
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
S
Originally Posted by Eagle Pursuit
He looks fine to me, and I like that they've added the mysterious tattoo/marking on his chest, just visible above the neckline of his robe. That's good visual storytelling. It foreshadows his personal quest.

I suppose I am alone with my thoughts here then.

veteran
veteran
As a quick summary, so far Gale had 4 different versions.

1- The one we saw in early previews, before EA.
2- The one we played so far in EA.
3- The one datamined few months ago and never used for some reason.
4- The one released on this patch, which looks like a re-tweaked version of 3.

Of all these, 2 has always been the worst looking one, not in small measure because of the hideous beard.
I'd rank them as 1,3,4, 2 in order of preference, so to say that he looks worse now is a bit bizarre.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
D
old hand
old hand
D
He looks like hes had a few rough days behind him. Which is a perfectly fine look for an adventurer out in the wild laugh he wont always have fine to shave that stupple after all smile

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Demoulius
He looks like hes had a few rough days behind him.

He do look tired. Which is fine considering the burden he carries. But then, his personality has this far been quite carefree and for that his previous look fit better.

old hand
old hand
Crag face.

veteran
veteran
Didn't Geralt have two faces. One for Poland and one for the rest of US. Maybe they're doing something like that

old hand
old hand
I think he looks way, way better now.

veteran
veteran
He looks far less beddable now, at least not before he's cleaned up and had a wash.

old hand
old hand

This is something of a modern trend: making fictional characters (both established personalities and newcomers) look less attractive so that real-world people will "relate better". Silly, huh?

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Ragitsu

This is something of a modern trend: making fictional characters (both established personalities and newcomers) look less attractive so that real-world people will "relate better". Silly, huh?

are we really going with the "woke" angle when the guy just grew a very small beard without trimming it completely?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard