Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
BeeBee Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Hi!

What it says on the subject -- Lae'zel will not follow the party in toggle mode UNLESS she's the active character. She will just stand there while the rest of the characters move along.

This started in the Nautiloid, after clearing the first room with devilkin, right after meeting her, but has been going on well into the Druid's Grove. It's very annoying, but I'm not sure that it's a bug -- is this a "feature" of her personality (she refuses to be "led" anywhere?).

K
stranger
stranger
K
Not a feature, I have the same problem but with Astarion. He stopped following not exactly when I recruited him but somewhere during the druid's grove. At one point he started following me again, but he's back to being a sassy independent bi***. No idea what triggers it, don't know how to fix it, kicking him out of the party, going back to camp to take him back, nothing seems to work for now frown

M
journeyman
journeyman
M
Having similar. The ONLY way I have for everybody to stay together is to have Asterion as lead. Any other lead will have anywhere from 0-3 of the party follow.

BeeBee Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
And now Astarion and Lae'zel won't follow me at all.

Is this related to initiative, liking of my mc, or something completely different?

D
stranger
stranger
D
Shadowheart, has decided the same fate. I think there might be a sneak glitch, ie the AI thinks they are in sneak mode and are staying put!

stranger
stranger
Wanted to chime in and say I am also experiencing this. Using certain party members causes all to follow, but it's very annoying for sure. Hoping for a hotfix.

S
stranger
stranger
S
I hit this issue as well. I've been trying for DAYS to figure out a workaround. There are some posts as much as TWO YEARS ago about this, and it's still a problem with no solution.
Things I've seen people say to try:
  • Reloading save
  • Restarting game
  • Ungrouping/regrouping
  • Dimissing, long rest, rejoining
  • Jumping/sneaking multiple times with affected character

None of these have worked for me, but maybe they will work for you. I think for now, I'm going to have to reload an old save (which does work) and lose hours of play. And by the way, if anyone at Larian cares, I have found 100% reproducible steps for this bug. I suspect there are multiple causes throughout the game, but I at least have successfully reproduced this 3 of 3 times by doing a particular thing on my save from before the issue first started.

Last edited by slerp; 09/07/22 08:57 PM.
S
stranger
stranger
S
Steps for repro (possible spoilers):

• In Grymforge, go to the catwalks above the chamber where Nere is trapped in the cave-in.
  • Ungroup your party.
  • Position Lae'zel to the left of where the "Map of Moonhaven" item is/was, in front of the crumbled pillar.
  • Position your other party members slightly further up the path where the two levers are.
  • Jump Lae'zel to the pillar in between the your current position and the catwalk.
  • Jump Lae'zel to the other catwalk.
  • Jump Lae'zel to the moveable catwalk section.
  • Switch back to one of your other party members, and pull the left lever to move the platform Lae'zel is now standing on.
  • Jump Lae'zel off of the moving platform to the catwalk on the other side.
  • Jump Lae'zel back onto the moving platform.
  • Switch back to one of your other party members, and pull the left lever again to move the platform Lae'zel is on.
  • Jump Lae'zel off the platform onto the catwalk.
  • Jump Lae'zel back onto the pillar in between the catwalk and the stone floor.
  • Jump Lae'zel back to the stone floor.
  • Lae'zel will now no longer follow anyone in your party.

Image showing the first portion of the steps (note: moving platform not shown):
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I can also upload my save file somewhere if needed.

Last edited by slerp; 09/07/22 09:28 PM.
G
stranger
stranger
G
I too have encountered this lovely game breaking bug. If my main character leads the party, only Lazel follows, but shadow heart and gael do not. If I choose Gail to lead, my character and laezel will follow, but shadowheart does not. If I have shadowheart lead, then only gael will not follow. Very strange bug and logging out and back in, using the group/ungroup does not resolve the issue frown

B
journeyman
journeyman
B
Having the same issue with Shadowheart. Happened right after I had the whole group sneak in the hole in the temple with looters. Restarting the game doesn't fix it so I'm not going to play until a hotfix undoes this.

Figures this happens right when they finally add my favorite class.

A
stranger
stranger
A
Also having this issue with Gale, hopefully it'll be patched soon.

old hand
old hand
Ya, its a game breaking bug, just ran into this for the second time. It's like the characters are not identifying being linked to each other via toilet chain.

So not sure how it breaks, but I had my party in turn based mode, my main character and Astarion was stealthed and taking notes from Kal & Lia next to vendor in the grove. Had the two stealthies move towards the entrance of the grove away from the other two party members. After that it just broke, reloading a different save fixes it, don't know if you have to close the game or not though.

Last edited by fallenj; 10/07/22 06:30 AM.
Have same issue but with Gale and Wyll. it happens after combat with goblin in left villige.

J
stranger
stranger
J
Same with my latest game. Happened just after I had Astarion sneak in the crypts. After that Gale and Shadowheart wont follow anyone but Astarion will follow all the other characters. Have restarted, unlinked, left party, rejoin party. Nothing works.

stranger
stranger
Its a known issue by now.
I created a ticket yesterday evening and got response that they are working on it.

Cheers
Chris

BeeBee Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by ToxicChris
I created a ticket yesterday evening and got response that they are working on it.

Cheers
Chris

Patiently waiting for this game-breaking issue to be patched, fingers crossed that we won't have to restart from the tutorial.

N
stranger
stranger
N
Originally Posted by BeeBee
Originally Posted by ToxicChris

Cheers
Chris

Patiently waiting for this game-breaking issue to be patched, fingers crossed that we won't have to restart from the tutorial.
+1

enthusiast
enthusiast
I didn't finish my previous playthrough because of this bug. Now it happened again, only super early. It's soooooo frustrating, I haven't even encountered Kagha or most druids...

V
stranger
stranger
V
Hopping in to add my own piece: this seemed to have started when trying to use the group stealth hotkey.

Some other bugs that happen: group stealth now only works when I have Lae'zel selected, otherwise it only puts everyone but Lae'zel into stealth..and I can't get out of it unless I select each person and manually unstealth them.

Last edited by Vandell; 11/07/22 08:57 AM.
stranger
stranger
I have the same problem with Shadowheart. Started right after my first dialog with Kagha.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard