Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
P
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
P
At some point in my patch 7 playthrough (MacOS, for what it's worth), one of my companions (Astarion) seems to have decided not to follow me any longer, despite being grouped with the main party. If I switch to Astarion, everyone -- including my PC -- will follow him as expected. However, he doesn't follow me, and since my PC is the face character for the party, this means I have to make sure to babysit Astarion to ensure he makes it where the rest of the party goes. I've tried ungrouping and regrouping, re-arranging portraits, multiple restarts, toggling and untoggling sneak mode, etc., to no avail.

I couldn't tell if this bug has been reported, as prior searches seemed to turn up examples of folks being confused about how the grouping mechanic works. I've played other Larian games (like DOS2), so I'm familiar with the mechanic, and this is definitely a bug. I can't identify an explicit trigger, unfortunately. Oddly, Astarion is consistently the only companion who has this issue, though I have not tried e.g. leaving him at camp and taking on another follower (he's too critical to my party!).

H
stranger
stranger
H
I have similar problem. I have all characters linked in group of four. They should move toghether and follow my main character. But for some reason they do not. Thery act like they would be split into two groups. I think the group mechanic did broke when i used group hide button.

P
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
P
I confirmed that if I swap Astarion out for a different party member, they will follow as expected. However, if I try to swap a second time to bring Astarion back, he still won't follow properly. frown

And the putative link to Group Hide could be correct, since I do use that feature fairly frequently. Alas.

This was my first real playthrough so I'm kind of sad about it, but I think I may just wait for Patch 8 to land for MacOS and hope I don't encounter the bug again.

Same issue here, but with Gale.
I swapped him out for Wyll and continued playing but now I realize that boh Gale and Shadowheart -the two characters I had benched- completely disappeared from camp and are nowhere to be seen.
I'm stuck with my current party :<
No idea how to fix this beside restarting my playthrough, but I'll wait for a fix before I do so.

- Firm believer in Mindflayer supremacy -
K
stranger
stranger
K
Same issue, also with Astarion. Started happening during/after the dark crypt area. I do use the group stealth (shift-c) action a lot and I noticed it had started not acting as expected when at Kagha's room in the druid's grove. Had to manually select every character and unstealth/stealth them as the group stealth was unresponsive. No idea if it's linked.

enthusiast
enthusiast
This issue has been identified with Astarion, Shadowheart, Lae'zel and now Gale. The only way to keep them within the grouped party is to make them the leader (although how would that work if all of them are standing there stubbornly, hm.?)

T
journeyman
journeyman
T
Same problem in the new patch. Happened in goblin camp near female drow boss.

example

Last edited by Tav3245234325325; 09/07/22 07:26 AM.
E
stranger
stranger
E
Another one, same issue. Patch 8, Shadowheart was the problem. It seemed to be tied to stealth. She behaved like I've seen previously when I have one or more "hidden" characters and the unstealthed leader moves and the stealthed characters do not follow. I could make Shadowheart the leader and the others would follow but she stayed stationary if any other character was leading the party in movement. This occured after a group stealth occurance and I unstealthed some but not all the characters. I loaded a save prior to the stealth encounter and Shadowheart follows any leader just fine.

Last edited by Eliaures; 09/07/22 01:12 AM. Reason: Grammar
veteran
veteran
Because the only thing worse than the toilet chain control scheme is a toilet chain that doesn't even work.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
A
stranger
stranger
A
I have a custom party consisting of a ranger, cleric, mage, and bard. It's not just the in-game companions. My ranger will not follow and must be leading for everyone to follow. It happened fairly soon into my play through.

Last edited by Apollyon; 08/07/22 10:43 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Hi, just tested this "scientifically" with a party of Custom Character Bard, Shadowheart, Astarion (who stopped following at Sazza's escape) and Lae'zel (who stopped following during the Nautiloid escape). ---> this is clearly linked to the "sneak/stealth" option, which is what both had in common.

- My Bard leads --> only Shadowheart follows
- Astarion leads --> Bard & Shadowheart follow, Lae'zel stays put
- Lae'zel leads --> Bard & Shadowheart follow, Astarion stays put

This impacts scenes, dialogue abilities, and basic party management. It is incredibly annoying, please Larian take a look at it and fix it (or tell us how to override that command).

veteran
veteran
Same issue here. Everyone stopped following everyone after I used stealth in the grove, specifically in the room with Kagha's locked chest.

stranger
stranger
It also persists thru saves (tried save with all characters connected and all disconnected). In my case only my created character follows whoever else leads the party

X
stranger
stranger
X
I had a similar problem except no character will follow any other character. It persists through long rest and through saves. It initially started right after I hit the group stealth button.

P
stranger
stranger
P
Similar issue here, Gale & Shadowheart won't follow anyone but my custom Bard + Lae'zel will follow Shadowheart or Gale.
Pretty sure it happened after a stealth visit in the owlbear-cave so same mechanic as mentioned some times above.

Edit: Had to revert my save ~20min back and then when I had just caught up my game crashed and I have to do it all again LOL

Last edited by Poze; 09/07/22 12:49 PM.
L
stranger
stranger
L
I had this same issue. It happened after I had some characters stealthed when first encountering the Grove/goblin fight. Shadowheart stopped following. I tried unlinking/relinking. Group linking/unlinking. I tried going to camp and swapping her out, bringing her back. The other companions would follow fine if Shadowheart was leading. Unfortunately, I don't think I can keep going through this playthrough (trying out the bard) if this is going to keep happening.

K
stranger
stranger
K
For me this happened to everyone when Lae'zel interrupted the first long rest with her messaging for everyone to move along, now my party of main character (warlock), Astarion, Shadowheart, and Gale no one follows which is a pain to control...

I
journeyman
journeyman
I
Same thing explicitly after group stealth. Group stealth doesn't even force people to stealth anymore. Don't get the option for add bonuses from Shadowheart anymore as if they're not in the group.

gambling on some rng cc affect is not a deep strategic decision. It's just a sign of gambling addiction.
addict
addict
The only way I have ever found to fix this is to reload a save from prior to the problem occurring. This happened in an earlier patch but was fixed..now unfixed I guess.

A
stranger
stranger
A
This seems to happen to me if i go into turn based mode, stealth, steal something and exit turned based mode, all my companions stop following. If i end the turn and let the npc take a turn then kill turn based mode its fine.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard