Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
veteran
veteran
1. The patch bugs are pretty bad. Hoping it all gets fixed soon.

2. The lighting is too bright now.

3. I wish we had gotten level 5 or a few more outfits.

4. Other than the above few things, I think the patch is awesome.

The bard's not my favorite class, but I can see the amount of work that's gone into it. I'm genuinely impressed with so much of what they've done.

I love the look of the spellbook area now.

The way the various races move differently is super interesting, in my opinion. Personally, I think the male elves look a little too effeminate while standing still and running, but I'm still blown away by the work, and they look amazing in combat.

Some of the NPCs are looking incredible.

Yeah, the instruments are probably too big, and the buried chests are way too big, but there's so much to love in the game otherwise.

Just my opinion, of course.

T
Banned
Banned
T
Well... hmm. Well and BG3 is only problem.

Why is forum bad now? Cannot edit old posts:
Cannot edit old posts
Please change this than you. This was much better before. No I do like to post in forum.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Terminator2020
Well... hmm. Well and BG3 is only problem.

Why is forum bad now? Cannot edit old posts:
Cannot edit old posts
Please change this than you. This was much better before. No I do like to post in forum.

Ok.
Not sure what this has to do with the current patch, though.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by JandK
1. The patch bugs are pretty bad. Hoping it all gets fixed soon.
2. The lighting is too bright now.
3. I wish we had gotten level 5 or a few more outfits.

Other than the above few things, I think the patch is awesome.

Same. Apart from the bugs and ugly looking lighting now, everything else is pretty much awesome. I especially like the UI improvements as not only does it look cleaner, but more responsive as well. I also hoped maybe they'd give us level 5, but I'm okay with it all the same.

Just need to squash those bugs and the patch will be really fun to fully experience.

veteran
veteran
Don't derail or hijack threads please, Terminator. And editing window won't be extended, particularly indefinitely. People will have to be able to stand by what they've said in the past, and if that's a concern, it's a good practice to take a moment to consider what one wants to say before posting in that case. It's generally a good habit to have, and indefinite editing would open up for a hell of a lot of gaslighting opportunities.

Continued spam will result in action being taken.

veteran
veteran
The bard class is fun to play though. I currently have the really annoying crash when saving bug, so I can't really go forward with my current playthrough, but I heard, that Larian is already working on that. I'm testing different builds meanwhile - playing a gnome rogue and another bard and stuff.
I would love to see level 5 in EA, since that would give us a bit more to test out with all the new power levels and the stuff, I mentioned in different threads (reactions, toilet chain, party of 6), but I do enjoy the game. There is some goofy stuff, but there is a lot of good stuff in there too. I like, that you have a lot of freedom in approaching situations and I hope, that this will stay throughout the game.
I think, most people are so vehement about the points, they are not so ok with, because they care for the game - at least, it's that reason in my case.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by fylimar
The bard class is fun to play though. I currently have the really annoying crash when saving bug, so I can't really go forward with my current playthrough, but I heard, that Larian is already working on that. I'm testing different builds meanwhile - playing a gnome rogue and another bard and stuff.
I would love to see level 5 in EA, since that would give us a bit more to test out with all the new power levels and the stuff, I mentioned in different threads (reactions, toilet chain, party of 6), but I do enjoy the game. There is some goofy stuff, but there is a lot of good stuff in there too. I like, that you have a lot of freedom in approaching situations and I hope, that this will stay throughout the game.
I think, most people are so vehement about the points, they are not so ok with, because they care for the game - at least, it's that reason in my case.

Sorry for going a bit off topic here, but have you checked to be sure that you have applied an exception for BG 3 in your anti-virus? I have had this same type of crash twice after updates, and verifying that it was still an exception cleared it up. I'm not sure how it happened that it got removed one time, but the second time was after a drive crash, and I forgot to reapply it when I reinstalled everything.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Xzoviac
The Switch version of bg1/2 is actually great. they did such a good job its one of my fav ways to play the game

Totally agree.

The core system of BG1/2EE on console is a very responsive (and classic) system that allow you to fully control your characters.
On top of that, they added "some kind of chain" for convenient reasons when you use the sticks to move your party.

In BG3 the core system doesn't fully/always work properly and no one but dishonnest people can argue with this.

If you compare both games on console, BG1/2EE's system is more optimal.
Less clicks, way less unexpected movement, better control on your characters, easier to create subgroups,...

There's nothing to prove to players that had tried both systems on Switch (I guess it's always the same as soon as you have a controller in your hands). Saddly a lot of players here haven't and keep repeating the "console" argument.

Last edited by Maximuuus; 11/07/22 04:04 PM.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Maximuuus
Originally Posted by Xzoviac
The Switch version of bg1/2 is actually great. they did such a good job its one of my fav ways to play the game

Totally agree.

The core of the system of BG1/2EE on console is a very responsive (and classic) system that allow you to fully control your characters.
On top of that, they just added "some kind of chain" for convenient reasons when you use the sticks to move your characters.

In BG3 the core system doesn't work properly.
If you compare both games on console, BG1/2EE is better. Less clicks, less unexpected movement, better control on your characters,... There's nothing to prove to players that had tried both systems with a controller.
Saddlyn a lot of players here haven't and continue with the "console" argument.
Yeah if larian have any switches around they should consider checking out what beamdog did for bg1/2ee this system would work perfectly for controllers, and use bg1/2s mouse and keyboard systems aswell, they dont always need to reinvent the wheel, the old systems work, and feel better then the chain atm (that is currently making the game unplayable with its unfollow bugs)

Last edited by Xzoviac; 11/07/22 04:05 PM.
addict
addict

+1

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by robertthebard

Sorry for going a bit off topic here, but have you checked to be sure that you have applied an exception for BG 3 in your anti-virus? I have had this same type of crash twice after updates, and verifying that it was still an exception cleared it up. I'm not sure how it happened that it got removed one time, but the second time was after a drive crash, and I forgot to reapply it when I reinstalled everything.

Have you looked in the bug section lately? This is a game bug and it woll be adressed according to Larian. It has nothing to do with the antivirus program and if you don't encounter this bug, consider yourself lucky.

Doctor Who
old hand
old hand

Have you looked in the bug section lately? This is a game bug and it woll be adressed according to Larian. It has nothing to do with the antivirus program and if you don't encounter this bug, consider yourself lucky.

Not lately, no. However, if you scroll through the bug section, you will find a thread started by me about this very issue and checking the AV exception was the solution.

addict
addict
Is learning spells working? Or is there a failure chance? Had Gale learn Magic Missle. It never showed up in his spell book.

Last edited by avahZ Darkwood; 11/07/22 11:23 PM.
veteran
veteran

Not lately, no. However, if you scroll through the bug section, you will find a thread started by me about this very issue and checking the AV exception was the solution.

This is specifically tied to this patch.

Doctor Who
enthusiast
enthusiast
Regarding being able to perform on the streets (well, in ruins and refugee camps, so far) - the scripted interactions between NPCs get paused while the bard plays their instrument. In my case it led to Aradin and Zevlor forgetting about their argument and Aradin's crew stopping to watch the show. I haven't tested it in the other contextually inappropriate areas on account of the game crashing on saving yet (like Waukeen's Rest, or the myconid grove, or the spot where Nere is being dug out), but there's, ironically, a bit of tone-deafness to it at the moment.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard