Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
F
stranger
stranger
F
This happened to me around the hag's lair. It was definitely connected with stealth, but not necessarily the group stealth toggle. It happened once when I hid to pick a lock on the teahouse and had Shadowheart (not stealthed) cast guidance in the check. After this, when I unstealthed, she wouldn't follow as described in other comments.

M
apprentice
apprentice
M
This bug is kinda the deal breaker to complete patch 8 for me smile

enthusiast
enthusiast
I can't get ANY companions to follow me now.... this is unbearable! LARIAN!!!!!! PLEASE make this your TOP priority!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We cannot even play the game if this is not fixed or at least a workaround is found!

P
stranger
stranger
P
Same issue here!!

Ever since the battle at the grave where I used stealth, no one follows me.

I tried to fix it by re-load, group in & out at the camp but nothing works.

Can't play the game at all until Larian fix this issue!!!

T
journeyman
journeyman
T
In my actual playthrough I lost already two character. They just didn't follow me. So I did stay at camp and used another one. But now in the underdark camp both characters that didn't follow are missing. It's astarion and laezel. Even when triggering the bridge githyanki scene laezel doesn't show up. They are just gone.

Usually happens when in the goblin camp fighting with gut and drow rgzlin the the drow.

Last edited by Tav3245234325325; 11/07/22 06:38 AM.
stranger
stranger
This just happened once again. At this point the game is unplayable until this gets fixed.

M
stranger
stranger
M
This Game is really annoying ._.

W
stranger
stranger
W
I've had similar issues; I snuck up on Asterion (before the conversation/intro) pickpocket him, then unhide and the story intro started. Then, sent him to the camp and went to continue the story and the rest of the party would not follow.
If I make one the npc's leader, then only character that follows is the primary -- the rest stays put. It doesn't matter if the party is split in different ways.
a reload doesn't fix it, restart and reload doesn't fix it. An earlier save works.
I guess I will have to avoid hide with my rogue for the time being.

Last edited by wbochar; 11/07/22 02:35 PM.
stranger
stranger
Definitely stealth bug.

K
stranger
stranger
K
After 6 hours of play, the bug of followers unfollowing the leader persists. I'm with my main character, Will, Gale and Lae'zel. ?If I choose my character, only Lae'zel, follows. If I choose Will as the leader, only Lae'zel follows. If you choose Gale as the leader, only Lae'zel follows.
Frustratingly, I finally got back to playing BG3 after a hiatus and just now that it has subtitles in my language, the game bugs like this. smirk

stranger
stranger
This definitely happens when you use the group stealth option and then have one character leave stealth (in my case it was the main character). Only Shadowheart follows my main, and only my main follows Shadowheart. Not sure why that is though. Wyll will have Shadowheart and Main following, but not Lae'zal. Lae'zal will have Shadowheart and Main follow, but not Wyll. Very odd.

I was stealthing, broke stealth on main to attack some goblins in the cave - then had Wyll join in but kept Shadowheart and Lae'zal out of combat. After combat the above happened. It's persistent and a reload of the game doesn't fix it.

stranger
stranger
This happened to me yesterday with Astarion and the fight with gnolls. It also is tied to the stealth/hide mechanic. If I click group sneak, my Bard and Wyll go into a stealth post. Astarion and La'zael do not. If Astarion isn't the leader he just lolligags behind.

A
stranger
stranger
A
Confirmed bug. Shadowheart just won't follow. Larian, please fix this ASAP

J
stranger
stranger
J
Just adding myself to the list. This happened to me too, also with Astarion.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Gonna keep bumping this. I'm adding my own comment here, bc I cannot continue to play this game until Larian fixes the grouping/linking/sneaking mechanics. No companion is following me at this point. I've tried everything, and I know this is a known issue. But it has now ruined my previous playthrough, and the current one as well. And this time, it happened as early as the Druid Grove. Larian, please redouble your efforts on fixing this ABOVE ALL other issues, as at this point, from what I can tell it's a WORSE issue than Crashes.

M
journeyman
journeyman
M
Originally Posted by MarcoNeves
Gonna keep bumping this. I'm adding my own comment here, bc I cannot continue to play this game until Larian fixes the grouping/linking/sneaking mechanics. No companion is following me at this point. I've tried everything, and I know this is a known issue. But it has now ruined my previous playthrough, and the current one as well. And this time, it happened as early as the Druid Grove. Larian, please redouble your efforts on fixing this ABOVE ALL other issues, as at this point, from what I can tell it's a WORSE issue than Crashes.
Well, I disagree that it is worse than crashes.. especially crashes when trying to save...
But, hopefully a company like Larian can work on multiple problems at once (:

And yeah, BOTH the crashes on saving AND the not following issues are major problems.

stranger
stranger
Lae'zal just started refusing to follow me, after ending a fight where she was in stealth.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Gonna keep bumping this ad infinitum.

Larian, pleeeeeease fix this asap. I'd really love to play patch 8 this week still.

I
stranger
stranger
I
Having this problem as well, I noticed it occurred after stealthing, seems I was right on that. This has hit both playthroughs I was attempting now, both with Lae'zel and one with my own character, gotta' wait it out until it's fixed. I was so excited for gnomes too. :c

stranger
stranger
Same here with Shadowheart >_<

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard