Next Thread
Print Thread
N
Nebuul Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
N
The following question itself is a spoiler, as will any answers given. You've been warned!

Is the barbarian now the only class who can rescue Shadowheart from the Nautiloid without using the parasite? Even passing two separate arcana checks, the wizard/other casters are simply given the opportunity to just bypass the need for getting the key. There's no actual advantage since even using the rune requires a parasite wisdom roll to open the door. The barbarian can just pass a DC 10 strength check to pop it open, though. I'd like to be able to free her without using the parasite at all.

Am I missing anything?

Thank you

old hand
old hand
I believe the barbarian is the only one who can. If you can't free her, I believe she shows up on the beach anyway.

apprentice
apprentice
Yeah Barbarian is the only who can atm. I believe its meant to intro you better to the illithid system

R
enthusiast
enthusiast
R
Does the key in the chest no longer work? What I mean is:

Go to the next room. Loot the corpse - get key. Go back, open the chest on the table, get illithid tablet/key. Use to activate the console next to her prison.

N
Nebuul Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
N
Originally Posted by RBarbare
Does the key in the chest no longer work? What I mean is:

Go to the next room. Loot the corpse - get key. Go back, open the chest on the table, get illithid tablet/key. Use to activate the console next to her prison.

The key now just turns on the machine, but you must use the tadpole to activate it.

N
old hand
old hand
N
I believe its only barb. I kinda want it to just be a generic Athletics check, at the very least fighters should get a chance.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by N7Greenfire
I believe its only barb. I kinda want it to just be a generic Athletics check, at the very least fighters should get a chance.
Wonder if its supposed to be a nod to minsc and how he escapes irenicus dunegon

Last edited by Xzoviac; 17/07/22 09:01 AM.
veteran
veteran
I really love this change.
It totally makes sense, that Illithid technology have to by controlled by psyonics. :3

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink

Link Copied to Clipboard