Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by mercurial_ann
Let's hope they watch this dicussions. It kinda bugs me that in the latest PFH they said that almost everything is almost ready and just needs polishing, while i don't think that combat and resting are anywhere near ready

Agreed. But maybe we just don't know what they are doing behind the scenes.

veteran
veteran
Ultimately, even if they changed nothing else, I hope they undo the 2 SR a day limit and do Hit Dice.

veteran
veteran
I just thought of another edition to this idea. If you kill or find animals that are dead, players should have the option to use their survival skill to turn that dead animal into camping supplies.

So, for example, the boar near Astarion first meeting. If you kill the boar, you should be able to roll a survival check to see how many camping supplies you get from him. The difficulty should be low because you should be able to get ton of supplies from one boar.

It would work like this. You kill boar. You click on boar. Item appears like any loot item. Boar meat. Max Value = 120. DC 0. For every point of success on your Survival check, you get 5 Camping Supplies. So, you Take All. The game has your character with the highest Survival roll. Let's say they get +5. They roll a 10. Score is 15. Succeeded by 15 = 75 camping supplies. Let's say they roll 15, so a 20 total. That's 100 camping supplies. Let's say they rolled Nat 20, so 25 total. Max Value is 120, so they get 120 camping supplies.

This would, again, make the survival skill a much more valuable asset to the party.

If you then have your MC+SH and Astarion, party of 3, that would be 60 Camping Supplies per LR, 15 for SR. The boar plus fish on beach plus fruits/veggies found near pier south of Astarion would most likely be enough for an LR at that point.

But then, SH would give her "I'm not sure this is such a good idea" speech BEFORE it turns night. Basically, you hit LR button, and you are transported to camp where she has the exclamation point over head. It's still day. You talk to her. She gives her speech. At the end, you decide. SR or LR or just return to where you left off. Maybe click on bedroll for LR, campfire for SR or go to Fast Travel and Leave Camp.

Last edited by GM4Him; 18/07/22 11:13 PM.
W
stranger
stranger
W
+1

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Okay, given that this is an old thread now and a new one has been started at https://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=95380, I'll lock this old one to prevent duplicate discussion.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard