Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
I did not let Shadowheart into the party. My character is a cleric so there was no need for her. When I go to enter the goblin camp She appears on the bridge and there is a cutscene with the artifact. After this point I can no longer save. Loading an earlier save does not fix the problem. If I load an earlier save I can't save again. That's going all the way back to the very first save. Not one of them works. I play on stadia but I saw somebody else supposed the same problem on Reddit today and they are playing on a PC. If I can't save the game is over.

Shaolin Stoner
B
stranger
stranger
B
Related to the bridge scene and not a crash,
I didn’t bring shadowheart this time and have only seen the “artifact” on the nautaloid and on the beach.
When crossing the bridge into the goblin camp, my player pulled out the artifact that he shouldn’t have had like it was no big deal…
I feel like that scene should have a different play out if you didn’t bring shadowheart

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by baconfortres
Related to the bridge scene and not a crash,
I didn’t bring shadowheart this time and have only seen the “artifact” on the nautaloid and on the beach.
When crossing the bridge into the goblin camp, my player pulled out the artifact that he shouldn’t have had like it was no big deal…
I feel like that scene should have a different play out if you didn’t bring shadowheart

It doesn’t quite work yet, does it? You can talk to her back in camp and she’ll say she felt the artifact fly to you, but it would be better if it made more sense at the time. Perhaps the narrator could say something like “Suddenly, the strange box that Shadowheart has been carrying appears in your hand …” or something like that. It may need to be further adapted in the event you’ve never discussed or seen the artifact, of course.

EDIT: That’s assuming you recruited Shadowheart but she’s not in your current party, of course. But perhaps like (I think) the OP you hadn’t let her join after the nautiloid. I’ve not tried that particular option yet.

Last edited by The_Red_Queen; 01/09/22 09:05 PM.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
old hand
old hand
It can actually fly to you if she is in the party as well. If you unchein her and long jump into the camp the artifact will fly to you all the same. It is the matter of a distance between you and Shadowheart when the scene triggers.

Link Copied to Clipboard