Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Salo Offline OP
Community Manager
OP Offline
Community Manager
Hello!

Just wanted to introduce myself, I'm Salo a new Community Manager at Larian Studios laugh

A little about me:
- Big fan of the colour pink
- Obsessed with collecting rare/old editions of fantasy books
- Currently running Waterdeep: Dragon Heist for my friends

Really happy to be here and meet you all! laugh (now I'm back to getting my eyes in those feedback threads)

veteran
veteran
Welcome to the forums Salo 😸

veteran
veteran
Welcome, good luck.

old hand
old hand
Welcome! smile

veteran
veteran
Welcome! Very glad to have a new Community Manager! smile

Salo Offline OP
Community Manager
OP Offline
Community Manager
Thank you all for the warm welcome! laugh

addict
addict
Hello and welcome, Salo!
I'm late to the party, but I brought this:
[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

addict
addict
Ah ... I must admit, I usually only check the Baldur's Gate 3 forum, not the General one. I hadn't noticed that you joined here a few days ago. Well, as I said over there in the "Suggestions & Feedback" subforum, welcome !

If we can we start firing questions, here's my first ones.

What's your remit/mission/duties, as Community Manager ? We haven't had one before.

And what's your plan : will you make a bigger announcement in the "BG3 - Latest News" subforum, will you hold a formal Q&A at some point(s), will you mainly lurk-and-post casually around here ?

enthusiast
enthusiast
[Linked Image from i.imgflip.com]

(Welcome ! Please engage more with us on the forum, Reddit/twitter/discord are good and fan-art & memes boost sales, but we crave some interaction too ! )

So let me start by saying congrats with the position !
How do you see your role and the forum's place in all it ?
Could you try and convince some of your co-workers or higher ups to bring some of the most frequent topic to a closure + share with us which of these are EA/bug or features (e.g. mages learning all spells, reactions) ?
Asking because, I feel a lot of energy is wasted on the forum atm while at the same time it can offer a lot to Larian as we usually go more in depth at issues and are less concerned with meme's and fan-art (each to his/her own, no offense intended). What are your thoughts on this ?

Hope to hear/read more from you soon on the forum !

Last edited by SerraSerra; 28/07/22 01:50 PM.
Salo Offline OP
Community Manager
OP Offline
Community Manager
Thank you all for the welcome!

To answer your questions, as a CM among other things one of my main tasks is reporting on the feedback you all share here (and in all other platforms) to the team, including requests, constructive criticisms.etc

I am happy with fan-art, I'm happy with memes, and I'm also extremely happy with the way you all share your feedback and show your passion for what you want to see. I appreciate how in depth most of the threads are, and how they tend to turn into very interesting discussions laugh (I think the longer format of the forums + the organization really helps!)
I cannot comment on what things are being worked on at the moment or what might or might not change, but rest assured I'm sticking around here going through your feedback threads and reporting back smile

A
veteran
veteran
A
Hello. smile Have a good time. smile

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard