Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Trailer here:

Do you expect some relation, or at least easter eggs tied to BG-3?

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
C
stranger
stranger
C
I don't like the trailer.
For me it looks like a "Guardians of the Galaxy"-Copy in a Fantasy world including the music choice.
Even the plot sounds a little bit like the plot of the first "Guardians"-movie.

It seems the most positive reactions came from people which plays the tabletop.
I only know D&D from games like Baldur's Gate 3 or the Neverwinter Night games or fantasy novels.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Trailer here:

Like exploding barrels? Or the whole cast shoving each other repeatedly? :P

Edit: Sorry, I had to. I'm not sure about BG3 specifically but I wouldn't be surprised if for example Volo had a cameo.

Last edited by PrivateRaccoon; 22/07/22 11:53 AM.
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Count Dooku
I don't like the trailer.
For me it looks like a "Guardians of the Galaxy"-Copy in a Fantasy world including the music choice.

It seems the most positive reactions came from people which plays the tabletop.
I only know D&D from games like Baldur's Gate 3 or the Neverwinter Night games or fantasy novels.

I get a very "Warcraft:The movie" sense from it. I mean, made to appease the fans but also trying to have a somewhat easy plot to follow for uninitiated and lots of comical relief. Might actually be ok.

P
addict
addict
P
D&D has always been goofy and serious in equal measure. It's important to not take things too seriously, and let yourself have fun. The trailer looks ... okay. Better then I expected honestly, and it kind of gave me Road to El Dorado vibes. But I've built up a natural distrust of trailers over the years, so ultimately I'll have to actually watch the film to judge it.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Count Dooku
Considering Guardians had a very D&D team feel to it, it’s not the worst IP to rip off.

The trailer looks… ok. It all depends if the movie manages to entertain.

Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Trailer here:

Yes, the heroes stole BG IP for Larian, and now realised their mistake. Casting Hugh Grant as Sven is not a bad choice.

old hand
old hand
Looks like crap. Quote me now; print me later.

veteran
veteran
My only expectation is for this to be abysmal.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
You people are so Gumpy so i wonder if you arent actualy cats. laugh

Originally Posted by PrivateRaccoon
Like exploding barrels? Or the whole cast shoving each other repeatedly? :P
I would never want it any other way! ^_^

veteran
veteran
Stuff? Bah humbug!

S
S
I was pleasantly surprised by the trailer. It looks really fun! I’m glad they didn’t try to make it serious like LOTR or GOT. That’s harder to pull off well. And honestly this feels more like the tabletop experience. They clearly worked with Wizards as well (see the video below). If Larian is smart, they are planning to release BG3 around the time the movie comes out in March.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Tuco
My only expectation is for this to be abysmal.

Yeah, I don't expect to waste my money on a movie like that.

Sorry, but I prefer my fantasy to be serious, which doesn't appear to be the case with the new D&D movie.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by sublimeclown
I was pleasantly surprised by the trailer. It looks really fun! I’m glad they didn’t try to make it serious like LOTR or GOT. That’s harder to pull off well. And honestly this feels more like the tabletop experience. They clearly worked with Wizards as well (see the video below). If Larian is smart, they are planning to release BG3 around the time the movie comes out in March.

Agree completely. Don't understand at all any of the naysaying. The story, the characters, and the visuals all look great. It portrays D&D very well (the monsters, and combat, for example), and it especially looks to do a great job of properly representing Faerun. As a huge fan of the FR novels who has read almost all of the FR novels, it feels very much like having a good and fun FR novel coming to life in a movie. This movie is the *the* D&D thing I'm most looking forward to for 2023 (and possibly the D&D live-action TV show if that happens).

addict
addict
Originally Posted by sublimeclown

As for Rag's question, this interview mentions Waterdeep, Neverwinter and Revel's End. All places far north from BG. Sure, we don't know the movie plot or the full plot of BG3 but based on the info we have right now...I doubt even more there will be any references between the two.

V
Van'tal
Unregistered
Van'tal
Unregistered
V
So Captain Kirk is a Bard?

He is such a one dimensional actor. Unlike Spock (his Spock) who brings something new to the table each time.

Or Rebecca Romijn (speaking of Star Trek). She honestly becomes her part so well, I'm like who's that?

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Van'tal
So Captain Kirk is a Bard?

He is such a one dimensional actor. Unlike Spock (his Spock) who brings something new to the table each time.

Or Rebecca Romijn (speaking of Star Trek). She honestly becomes her part so well, I'm like who's that?

Well...what do you expect with a babyface like that? He's stuck to the pretty boy trope. Could you honestly imagine him being harsh, traumatic, cunning or evil? Nope. Serious character sure, but always with a nice smile for the camera and a quirky joke. So bard it is!

veteran
veteran
The real question is if there'll be any nods to the first movie. My expectations for that movie were pretty low going in, this one looks...better.

The D&D landscape has changed so much recently that it'll be interesting to see how durable D&D fandom is outside of the streaming boom.

addict
addict
Some of those scenes flashed by too quickly for me to be certain, but I think at one point they showed a mimic attack. I've always wondered what goes through the mind of a mimic ....

"Ah yes, I look just like a treasure chest now. Maybe I will let a little more gold show at the top, hee hee. Yes, I shall wait here quietly now and let time pass as it wills, until that moment when a hapless adventurer comes to me with greedy hands, hee hee. Oh yes, their surprise will be delicious when I strike swift and sure. Oooh, I am so pretty."

S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
With todays media and films this is a definite 'wait and see' from me.

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by PrivateRaccoon
As for Rag's question, this interview mentions Waterdeep, Neverwinter and Revel's End. All places far north from BG. Sure, we don't know the movie plot or the full plot of BG3 but based on the info we have right now...I doubt even more there will be any references between the two.
They were also quite a lot talking about the Underdark.

And thank you, its so good so see anybody actualy read the question. laugh
And not just go full "lets complain about a movie we didnt even seen yet". laugh

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 22/07/22 05:28 PM.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard