Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#822786 22/07/22 08:25 PM
fylimar Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Did you ever manage to steal the Idol? I just can't manage it. Even back in the day, when I let Astarion live and join the group, I wasn't able to steal it. Any suggestions?

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
veteran
veteran
Potion of invisibility? Mage Hand throw works too. The one time I did steal it, was that way. Of course don't stick around unless you want to pass a 'very' hard persuasion check.
I think I did it in turn-based mode too

Last edited by Sozz; 22/07/22 08:50 PM.
fylimar Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
I tried potion of invisibility - tha tsomehow didn't work. I didn't try mage hand - might use that

Doctor Who
veteran
veteran
So I just happened to be at the grove, and the sure fire way of stealing it directly is of course to cast fog on the plinth and just sneak in a take it. easy peasy. I always forget that, I'll probably be using that to steal the secret chamber key next.

The time I stole the idol last, was after the grove quest was over, so that probably made it easier. Just throwing it from the plinth while they're casting the ritual will trigger the "the Idol is stolen!" cutscene, but doing it when they're not is just like anything else.

Last edited by Sozz; 22/07/22 09:25 PM.
veteran
veteran
Best time to steal the idol is after you've dealt with Kagha, because afterwards they no longer perform the ritual, so nobody is really looking at it. So you can just crouch next to it, grab it and run.

veteran
veteran
Cloud of fog, darkness... both work.

If you steal it while they're doing the ritual, it will lead to the druids fighting the tieflings.

If you steal it after the ritual has ended then it's like stealing anything else.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by JandK
If you steal it after the ritual has ended then it's like stealing anything else.
I hope this get adressed ...

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Originally Posted by JandK
I hope this get adressed ...

How so?

I think it's working the way it's intended right now.

When Halsin is scolding Kagha, part of what he's saying is that the idol isn't anywhere close to the value of a human life. Meaning that the druids wouldn't react in the same violent manner over the theft of the idol under Halsin's leadership.

veteran
veteran
Maybe not the same violent manner ... but its still their most sacred holy symbol, that should be worth more than just picking some apple with red text. laugh

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
fylimar Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
I think I'll try the fog spell. I thought, the druids might Go hostile If I use an AoE there.

Doctor Who
veteran
veteran
I had just done it when I posted, it works but if you do it while they're doing the ritual of thorns, it will trigger the "The Idol is Stolen, kill the tiefs!" scene/

fylimar Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by Sozz
I had just done it when I posted, it works but if you do it while they're doing the ritual of thorns, it will trigger the "The Idol is Stolen, kill the tiefs!" scene/

Yeah, I'm currently playing a tiefling bard, so I might do that on another run. She already did go through so many trouble to help her fellow tieflings.

Doctor Who
old hand
old hand
Is there any way to receive the Idol without stealing it?

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by neprostoman

Well, it’s probably even worse than stealing it, but if you side with the goblins in the grove attack then at some point it’s just sitting all by itself in the room where Kagha and Arabella are originally found.

EDIT: I realise taking it after siding with the goblins could with some justification still be called stealing, but no sneaking is required!

Last edited by The_Red_Queen; 31/08/22 05:58 PM.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by neprostoman

Nope, only by stealing it because they still use the idol's power for protection even after the ritual is stopped.

The NPCs also have different dialogue lines and moods after the grove raid, if the Idol is still present or not.

F
journeyman
journeyman
F
The cheese method that works for me is to grab a backpack, bag, or other portable container. Head to the plinth and drop said container next to the plinth. Open the container so you see the little inventory box. Grab the idol and stuff it in the container in one move. Close and pick up the container. Casually stroll away whistling innocently. Druids won't react at all. Works even if they're doing the ritual. They'll carry on like it is still there.

Link Copied to Clipboard