Next Thread
Print Thread
K
kharris Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
K
I just saved Volo from the goblin camp as part of taking out the goblin leadership and freeing Halsin. When I returned to the druid grove and talked to Zevlor to do the victory celebration, it brought me to my camp, as usual. However, I'm not able to talk to Alfira at all, and when I click on her model I just get the "Not now" dialogue in response. I then tried to talk to Volo, who also has this response. I reloaded an earlier save and went to camp to talk to Volo before starting the celebration, but I still wasn't able to talk to him. I also completed Alfira's side-quest to help her finish her song earlier without any issues. If it matters, I'm playing on the latest patch of BG3, and I already tried re-installing and verifying installation.

C
stranger
stranger
C
I had this issue too. Sadly I wasn't able to talk to Alfira during the celebration at all, and neither could I interact with Volo when he first came to camp or during the party (all I got was "Not now!" and "Later!" from both of them). His song also didn't play during the party, but he returned to normal sometime after the celebration scene when I camped. I'm not sure what caused this but at least you're not alone!

stranger
stranger
Same problem here, Volo spamming "Just a moment!" all the time xD

R
enthusiast
enthusiast
R
Volo was interacting just fine, but now he refuses to interact. This is well before the party - I haven't defeated the goblins yet.

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
I've not had this problem, but it's interesting that they're both bard class characters. Are they performing? (Volo would be whistling and Alfira playing her lute.) I ask because I think I did once get the "not now" from Alfira at the party when Alfira & Volo had joined in with my bard performing, and hadn't quite returned to their normal animation when I spoke to her.

(I've never got Volo's song at the party, I just assumed this hadn't been implemented yet but perhaps I have a bug.)

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
R
enthusiast
enthusiast
R
Not a performance. He is going through various idle behaviors.

K
stranger
stranger
K
Same problem here. All interaction with Volo and Alfira are fine before they come to the camp. After that :Not in the moment

Last edited by Keehra; 10/08/22 01:53 PM.
old hand
old hand
I experienced it today as well, hope it gets fixed soon.

old hand
old hand
The workaround is to try to pickpocket him while in sight, you will lose 5 attitude and he will run away but then you'll be able to interact with Volo again.

J
stranger
stranger
J
I'm getting this bug, and it won't let me pickpocket Volo. I tried throwing a potion of healing at him, but that started a fight in camp. smile

Link Copied to Clipboard