Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
If anyone has no idea what I am talking about spoilers: As soon as you get out of the mind-flaying cradle there is an elevator in the... next room? You can see a yellow diamond with the name of Brainy's brain donor.
Click the thingy and ride the elevator up and chat with your new friend Brainy. I kept him alive in my playthrough and even when the mind flayer tried to kill us brainy stuck with us and when I landed on the beach my friend was nowhere to be seen id like him to join our camp even if it's only as a pet like an Owlbear cub and Scratch so they can be friends

[Linked Image]
veteran
veteran
I really dont understand why people care so much about a "character" we have 1 word and a half with in the tutorial...

Last edited by Maximuuus; 27/07/22 11:26 PM.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
journeyman
journeyman
There are 2-3 dead intellect devourers near Shadowheart (by the chapel door) if you don't let her out of the pod. I head-canon that one of them is Us (our tutorial friend). wink

Getting back on topic:
It might be interesting. It could get different dialogue options based on how much you use your tadpole and how many dreams you've had.
Who knows, its dialogue could hint at the fact that your tadpole is abnormal (since becoming a True Soul (via tadpole use) means you belong to the Absolute, you're not transforming into an illithid & the mind-connection could feel different).

But just like many other interesting ideas... it takes time & development resources to implement anything... and I'd rather they focus on giving us everything they promised than new stuff. laugh

-N
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
You can pass a skill check to guarantee his obedience, and LaeZel seemed weirdly cool with it right off the bat plus he tore Imp faces off with 2d4 and critted my heart.

[Linked Image]
Z
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Z
Originally Posted by dragonuff
critted my heart.
I like this. Another fine addition to my collection.

Remember the human (This is a forum for a video game):
old hand
old hand
Hmm, complicated lore-wise. "Us" is an enemy. But maybe we can take "Us" to
Omeluum and he'll help him become free and independent or whatever to join our camp.

veteran
veteran
Us would be OP. I say no. He's great for a prologue companion, but he'd make animal companions and such seem lame.

And just to have him at camp seems off to me. Astarion makes it clear he's afraid of the "brain things" and rightly so. SH clearly doesn't like them. Lae'zel only put up with Us because it was helping you get to the helm. She certainly wouldn't let it roam the camp. And I doubt Gale and Wyll would approve as well.

I just can't see it being a viable option. To me, it would be pure meta.

veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
Hey, why not after all ...

As long as litteraly everyone who will see that thing will go imediately hostile towards your character ... party members included. :P

I mean feel free to corect me but US is basicaly equivalent of having throphies of murdered whores (seen American Psycho?) ... you may be proud on your collection ... but you REALLY dont want anyone to find out about it.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
addict
addict
Let me get this straight... you want a brain-eating aberration that can turn you or any of your companions into a mindless thrall in your camp?

old hand
old hand
IIRC there was an interview shortly after early access launched where the devs explained that they toyed with the idea of having Us be a proper companion, but ultimately scrapped it in the end.

Probably a very good call, because the very existence of that thing following the party would have taken the overall narrative in very bad and messy directions.

Last edited by Saito Hikari; 28/07/22 08:14 AM.
V
Van'tal
Unregistered
Van'tal
Unregistered
V
He is just one of....Us....besides I poked my thumb in his brain...he likes me now.

Last edited by Van'tal; 28/07/22 10:21 AM.
veteran
veteran
That would seldom be a question in my game, since US normally dies heroically fighting the Cambions ( they survives the commander, but seldom the two lackeys). And I normally don't use precious healing spells on US, since I'm pretty sure, that they will turn on the party as soon as it is clear, that my character is not on the mindflayers side. I settle for Scratch and owlbear cub. I would love to have one of the spider babies from the matriarch fight as a pet though, they are cute.

Last edited by fylimar; 28/07/22 08:20 AM.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
Z
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Z
Originally Posted by Kendaric
Let me get this straight... you want a brain-eating aberration that can turn you or any of your companions into a mindless thrall in your camp?
He does. And he's tired of pretending he doesn't.

Remember the human (This is a forum for a video game):
veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
Originally Posted by fylimar
I settle for Scratch and owlbear cub.
I want those as combat pets for my Beast Mastery Ranger. :3

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
veteran
veteran
I mean... it's not that different from your average cat.

veteran
veteran
I would genuinely hate if this was a thing.
It makes no sense whatsoever.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Wormerine

Well... I serve my cat out of my own free will. smile

Originally Posted by Tuco
I would genuinely hate if this was a thing.
It makes no sense whatsoever.

Yeah, I'd hate it as well.
The owlbear cub at least makes sense, since owlbears can apparently be tamed and trained (at least to a degree).

veteran
veteran
I would be happy to get any new pet! At the top of my list is a displacer kitten pet.

veteran
veteran
Yeah, in case, I didn't make myself clear:I agree with those, who say that keeping US as a companion or camp follower is a really bad Idea.
I do think, that we might get more pets along the way. Maybe not as exstensive as in Pillars of Eternity, where I had 6 pets or so, before even entering the main city.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Wormerine

Well... I serve my cat out of my own free will. smile
Sure you do, buddy. smile

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard