Next Thread
Print Thread
#823233 24/07/22 06:54 PM
L
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
L
So, not sure what the issue might be but I've had a recurring issue in my current playthrough where many npcs just straight up bug out, and don't properly transition to either new animation states, or to where they should end up being after a certain scenario or sequence plays out. Currently, the prisoner being tortured in the goblin camp is just chilling, sitting on his rack (literally sitting on top of it/in it like it was a chair) despite the fact he has been freed and, when talking to him, mentions he'll be running back to the grove etc. Another one I've had issue with is the NPC in the burning building, the man within under the fallen debris just refuses to move, even after its been removed. The odd thing is the game acts like he's no longer there when you talk to him, and instead will teleport you briefly to where he *should* be after discovering Mayrina and such, so as far as I can tell its working at least despite the fact his actual interactable model is still lying in a bunch of fire, just taking no damage.

The only REAL one I've had a major issue with though is Halsin. After defeating the goblins, he just never shifts out of bear form, and cannot be interacted with at all, so it basically botches the entire questline. The conversation with the group of goblins where he breaks free of the cage works fine, its just everything after the fight which is seriously bugged.

Only thing I can think of that *might* be causing these issues is the fact I am running two custom characters at once, I've had some oddities where it will randomly pick which one is the lead in any given situation, mostly with companion talks at camp though making approval a bit of a tricky thing to raise high on just one character for a companion, but not the other, not that it really matters, but aside from potential Patch 8 bugs/oddness of its own, this is really the only thing I can think of that might be causing it. Has anyone else ran into these issues by chance, or am I just seriously unlucky here?

If it helps to clear it out before anyone asks as well, I don't have any mods installed presently.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Couple of screencaps just to illustrate the issue really.

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
I had those exact same problems with Liam and the guy in the burning room (Benryn?), but didn't have any problems with Halsin in the goblin encampment - he turned elven and spoke to me at normal. With respect to the first two issues, I'm playing single player, so it's not your two characters that are causing those issues. I see that someone has also reported in another thread an issue with some of the characters in the druid grove not moving where they should after certain trigger points too, so this seems to be more general.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
B
stranger
stranger
B
I had the same problem too, Halsin being the major one. If I had him join the fight he would shift back to bear form and stay that way, so after his talk with Kagha I was stuck with Halsin bear forever, thus ruining his dialogue during and after the party lol. Solution: dont recruit him to help you take out the leaders.

R
enthusiast
enthusiast
R
I think Liam is a deliberate change, as odd as it looks. His dialog now is something like 'I will get back to camp on my own'.

The Benryn problem (trapped man) is definitely a bug. Not only that, if you free him, leave him (not that you have a choice), take a long rest, and come back, he is now by his wife's body.

Link Copied to Clipboard