Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
As of Patch 8, the encounter with Lia, Rolan & Cal in the Druid's Grove is bugged.

After persuading them to stay and defend the Grove:

• Rolan goes to the bottom level of the Grove as intended
  • Lia remains sitting on the chair without being able to target her nor talk to her
  • Cal remains sitting on the chair

They should in fact all three of them as a group move to the bottom level of the Grove, where they continue their discussion.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

R
enthusiast
enthusiast
R
Eh, probably a design decision. They have made many other minor or trivial changes that don't necessarily have an obvious reason.

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by RBarbare
Eh, probably a design decision. They have made many other minor or trivial changes that don't necessarily have an obvious reason.

Nah I don't think it is intended, because there is another NPC called "Kaldani" who is also permanently stuck sitting on a chair.

She is supposed to go to Kanon's corpse and bury him, but she is permanently stuck sitting in front of the campfire so the encounter never plays and Kanon doesn't get buried. Only by moving the chair from underneath her does she do what she is supposed to.

apprentice
apprentice
I had a similar issue with Mayrina at the hag's lair.. I killed Ethel in about a turn before she could teleport.. now Mayrina is stuck in the chair and dosent go near her husband's grave and won't talk to me after scorning me.

veteran
veteran
I think the same thing is probably happening with the prisoner in the goblin camp who's getting tortured by Spike.

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
I'll be sure to check and post an update when I get to Liam in the goblin camp and Mayrina at the swamp.

EDIT: So I found out that the bypass for Kaldani also works for Lia and Cal too. Yoinked the chairs from underneath them and they went to Rolan and now they're all happily insulting eachother ^^

old hand
old hand
I can confirm that Liam in a goblin camp has the same problem.

Last edited by neprostoman; 28/07/22 08:53 AM.
veteran
Online Content
veteran
Proof that this is not intended: if you drad the chair away and knock them down, they start moving forward with the script and reach Rolan near Auntie Ethiel.

EDIT: Ok, CrimsonRider already pointed it.

Last edited by Tuco; 28/07/22 07:06 PM.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
R
enthusiast
enthusiast
R
Originally Posted by Crimsomrider
Originally Posted by RBarbare

Nah I don't think it is intended, because there is another NPC called "Kaldani" who is also permanently stuck sitting on a chair.

She is supposed to go to Kanon's corpse and bury him, but she is permanently stuck sitting in front of the campfire so the encounter never plays and Kanon doesn't get buried. Only by moving the chair from underneath her does she do what she is supposed to.

Thanks! I was wondering why Kanon's body was sitting around moldering...

Given that, yes it seems buggy. Here's another instance: Once Cyrel sits down in a chair in the toll house, she doesn't move thereafter. It's also a position such that you can't sneak up on her, so I thought it was an anti-theft measure. I trashed the chair and she wanders around like normal now.

It sounds like they messed up the 'seat nearby' character script.

Last edited by RBarbare; 28/07/22 11:23 PM.
veteran
veteran
Is there a way to yank the chairs away, without making the occupants mad?

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by fylimar

Yeah. Just put the cursor over the chair or stool like you're going to 'use' it. Then hold down the left click and drag the chair away, just like you're moving a rock or something.

They'll fall off the chair and get up and walk wherever they're supposed to be. Won't say a word to you about it.

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Thanks for the top tip about moving the chairs! People have probably worked out that it’s also possible to destroy the torture rack after freeing Liam to give him a nudge to run off as he’s meant to.

Not sure it’s related as it’s nothing to do with interacting with an object as far as I know, but has anyone else noticed Kanon’s sister and her friend running off to confront the goblin immediately after they enter the camp, whereas in previous versions I think she waited by Kanon and had some dialogue near his body?

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by The_Red_Queen
Not sure it’s related as it’s nothing to do with interacting with an object as far as I know, but has anyone else noticed Kanon’s sister and her friend running off to confront the goblin immediately after they enter the camp, whereas in previous versions I think she waited by Kanon and had some dialogue near his body?

This was already the case in the previous patch 7.

Last edited by Lotus Noctus; 04/08/22 05:29 AM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by JandK

Yeah. Just put the cursor over the chair or stool like you're going to 'use' it. Then hold down the left click and drag the chair away, just like you're moving a rock or something.

They'll fall off the chair and get up and walk wherever they're supposed to be. Won't say a word to you about it.
Thanks for the info. Maybe I can use that ob the tiefling, that should be helping with Kanons burial too.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by The_Red_Queen
Thanks for the top tip about moving the chairs! People have probably worked out that it’s also possible to destroy the torture rack after freeing Liam to give him a nudge to run off as he’s meant to.

Hmm. That's happened to me before in earlier patches, but in this current patch, Arka and Memnos are always there hovering over Kanon's body. I usually go up there right after talking to Zevlor. Then Kanon's sister stalks off at the end of the cut scene, as usual.

I wonder why it's different for you right now.

Originally Posted by JandK

Thanks for the info. Maybe I can use that ob the tiefling, that should be helping with Kanons burial too.

It does. It clears up the issue with his body staying there.

addict
addict
Indeed, this issue happened to me as well with the following npcs :
- Rolan (sometimes he leaves alone)
- Lia and Cal (always stay sitted)
- Kaldani
- Liam (Tortured man at Goblin Camp)
- Benryn (Burning tavern at Waukeen's rest) : after saving him from the fire, he stays on the floor in the fire x) Using Speak with Deads on his partner freed him from this bug if I remember correctly.

Link Copied to Clipboard