V
Van'tal
Unregistered
Van'tal
Unregistered
V
Originally Posted by GM4Him
Originally Posted by fylimar
Glad to see, I'm not the only one being mad about Revan. As much as I love SWTOR (and I play it for ten years now), this was a dumb decision by Bioware.

And yes, I'm not the biggest fan of Pine either.

All same here. KOTOR was my all time favorite game. Then 2 came out and pissed me off to no end. It wasn't polished and left me upset because I wanted to know what happened to Revan and the whole hole in the Force thing didn't sit well with me. But I was willing to forgive because I was hoping for number 3.

Then The Old Republic. Don't get me wrong. Like you, I LOVED that game too. I was really into the original story, though. The DLCs started to lose me - ESPECIALLY when I got to the Revan arc. I was eating the whole story up until I learned what happened and such. Then I was like, "Really? What did you do to my Revan? He was my all-time favorite Star Wars character - and that's saying something because I have a LOT of favorites (like Thrawn)."

Anyway, I know this is off topic a bit, but it is nice to chat with some people who feel the same about it. And now, to bring it back to the topic: Pine is also not one of my favorites. I thought he played Kirk well, but that's about it. I didn't like him at all in Wonder Woman... or pretty much anything else that I've seen him in. We'll see if he's good in this one.

Ahh yes, good 'ol sci-sop.

Yes the Revan follow up was a little week. It felt like it was put together in a weekend Grad student cram session. It would have been more disappointing to me if I wasn't trying so hard to grind my tank up for end game raids...shrug and move on.

Personal take:

I actually liked KOTOR2 over 1...slightly (and in spite of the choppy ending). Kreia is one of my favorite villains of all time (and the other two Sith Lords were pretty good too).

The whole cast was engaging and very well thought out.

Do you know how many sith are on this base?

Jolee: "12 no 13".

KOTOR 1 was the first and will always be special though.

Last edited by Van'tal; 25/07/22 06:37 PM.
veteran
veteran

P
addict
addict
P
During the movie's casting process, Pine played a round with his nephew and his family, and Pine says everyone was so excited to take part in the session. After playing, Pine says that he believes D&D should be played in every school, because it brings people together in an incredibly special way.

Aw, that's really sweet.

old hand
old hand
it brings people together in an incredibly special way

Killing orcs and drow by the dozen. Looting ancestral grounds. Devastating local economies with bulging sacks of gold.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Ragitsu

Killing orcs and drow by the dozen. Looting ancestral grounds. Devastating local economies with bulging sacks of gold.

Sounds like a perfect way to prepare them for life after education :P

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Ragitsu

Yep. We have a saying in my family. "The family that kills together, stays together."

You know. That sounds incredibly sick now that I'm saying it to others. It always brings a few laughs with my wife and kids and me. Playing video games, RPGs... Out of context, we sound like a family of serial killers.

I love people. I do. I'm not evil. I swear. I just really like killing bad guys in games. 😳

old hand
old hand
It certainly helps that there really are monsters wandering about.

veteran
veteran
Here's another interesting article.

https://screenrant.com/dungeons-dragons-movie-sophia-lillis-owlbear-transformation-controversy/

Rule of Cool

Sounds like Larian's right on target with that. As long as it's cool, who cares about the rule.

Not that that's all that bad, mind you, as long as the game doesn't prove to be frustrating because of something supposedly cool.

Last edited by GM4Him; 30/07/22 12:22 AM.
journeyman
journeyman
I loved the trailer! Showed it to my husband too... and we agreed that it's probably going to be some 6.5 rated fantasy flick that's way too predictable but we'll still be watching it cause it sounds fun (and well, it's designed to appeal to a certain fanbase and we're in that fanbase XD; I liked the druid/owlbear, he liked the mimic... we were both a bit ugh! about the bard, but that's nothing new haha)

I don't think it will link to BG3 (or we won't realize the link's there):
1. You can't make gameplay gags until a game's out and the exploits/weird mechanics become well known;
2. You can't make plot connections because of spoilers;
3. It's set in a different location/a few different locations. None of them appear in any of the datamined info (act2,3);
4. We don't know all the main players (villains, allied NPCs & companions) in BG3. (They could add smth and it would only become clear in hindsight.)

Could they prove me wrong? Sure. And that would be fun too. smile

-N
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard