Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by robertthebard
Originally Posted by Xzoviac
nah im good thanks. your happy for no deep bond , save it for later romance can come later, i personally think thats rushing, check out my first sentence "I realise that people do have one night stands in real life, but I personally dont want real life from Baldur's gate I want high fantasy"

hopefully this clears things up for you

Except that you aren't "good". You latched on to one part of the comment, and ignored the context in which it was offered because you don't want real life from your video game. That's great. It doesn't do or say anything about what I actually said, however. So, to be clear, in this party after the grove, I'm fine with a one night stand. It's cool that you don't want real life bleeding in to your video game, but that doesn't change the fact that these characters are supposed to be representing people, and while I would prefer that they have their own sexual identities, people will do these kinds of things, some more often than others.

So am I to understand that there are no one night stands in high fantasy? So, no brothels, no hookers walking the streets of Baldur's Gate, or any other cities? Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it doesn't, or can't, belong there. It's high fantasy, there's a good chance that it's more common than it is in real life.
I am good actually thanks, and you can understand what you want,
our companions are not hookers and dont work for brothels, I dont mind one night stands in the game, or even paying for prostitutes, I just dont think One night stands with our followers, fits the high fantasy feel, or even how a DM would run its table, with out it being really cringy.

seems your trying to break my argument down to its weakest parts to try and win something?
If you really dont understand im happy to explain further, but if your just trying to win some kind of argument with me, im not really interested, im happy for you to have your own opinion and it be right in your eyes, im not trying to convert you to my way of thinking i was just posting my opinion

veteran
veteran
So am I to understand that there are no one night stands in high fantasy? So, no brothels, no hookers walking the streets of Baldur's Gate, or any other cities? Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it doesn't, or can't, belong there.

So Gale and Wyll both decide to indulge in male-on-male hardcore f-action-to-the-max for one night because... prostitutes?

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by JandK
So am I to understand that there are no one night stands in high fantasy? So, no brothels, no hookers walking the streets of Baldur's Gate, or any other cities? Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it doesn't, or can't, belong there.

So Gale and Wyll both decide to indulge in male-on-male hardcore f-action-to-the-max for one night because... prostitutes?

Wow. Two people that completely miss the point, in one exchange? Sadly, I addressed this in the very post you almost quoted here. Being ok with the "one night stand" vibe doesn't mean I'm ok with how the comp's sexuality is handled overall, even if I do understand why it's handled in this way. Unless we're only allowed to play a male Tav? Was there a "hotfix" today that changed that? Because if not, it's entirely possible that the Tav that you're so concerned about having "male on male action" with is, in fact, female. As to the flirts, I've seen worse behavior between straight men. Old bikers and construction workers aren't necessarily SFW, well, in an office setting...

S
S
Wow. Two people that completely miss the point, in one exchange? Sadly, I addressed this in the very post you almost quoted here. Being ok with the "one night stand" vibe doesn't mean I'm ok with how the comp's sexuality is handled overall, even if I do understand why it's handled in this way. Unless we're only allowed to play a male Tav? Was there a "hotfix" today that changed that? Because if not, it's entirely possible that the Tav that you're so concerned about having "male on male action" with is, in fact, female. As to the flirts, I've seen worse behavior between straight men. Old bikers and construction workers aren't necessarily SFW, well, in an office setting...

the issue is that bisexual isn't so common, or yes, they are common, but just few(1% !? maybe) in the world.

but suddenly your companions are all bisexual, isn't this a nightmare for the companions' sexuality!??

V
Van'tal
Unregistered
Van'tal
Unregistered
V
I am sure there is something there for everyone.

My preference is to shun any and all advances and sleep during parties.

S
S
Originally Posted by Niara
Just to be clear here... you're not happy with playersexual characters (not the same as bisexual, that's been covered plenty)... but you want to advocate for the players to be allowed to coercively rape their companions. That's an.... interesting position.

the issue is that the loyalty matter.

the cruel fact, the relationship doesn't mean loyalty.

despite the high relationship, even romance, the companions can betray or backstab you easily, because their ambition, desire(treasure), or succumb to other powerful beings(or gods).

that is why BG3 use "tadpole", "detect thoughts", "willpower check(because tadpole connection)" to see the companions' true thoughts(the loyalty) often.
isn't this a coercively rape other companions?
no, because they don't detect it or the npcs succumb to the tadpole's power.
and yes, if they discover your "detect thoughts" or "willpower check" failure.

why not the binding options?
the binding to a companion will be a "dire charm" permanent, but your player character also need pay huge price no matter success or not.

Last edited by stevelin7; 14/07/22 01:20 AM.
veteran
veteran
Let's leave the "binding of companions" to a separate thread than this, eh? I can only see this detracting from what else is being discussed here...

veteran
veteran
Sppoiler taggging the response to Stevelin, as it's getting off-topic.

Originally Posted by stevelin7
the issue is that the loyalty matter. [...] the cruel fact, the relationship doesn't mean loyalty. [...] despite the high relationship, even romance, the companions can betray or backstab you easily, because their ambition, desire(treasure), or succumb to other powerful beings(or gods).

That's not related to what you said, which was that you advocated players being able to use the tadpole, or some other magical device, too force 'romance' paths that they couldn't access naturally... which yes, is coercive rape, and you're advocating for the developers to create mechanics and paths for players to do this in their game. Sorry, if that's your thing (and it's fine if it is, in a fictional context) it's definitely that's the domain of mods.

isn't this a coercively rape other companions?
no, because they don't detect it or the npcs succumb to the tadpole's power.
and yes, if they discover your "detect thoughts" or "willpower check" failure.

Ahh, so now we're adding "It's not rape if they don't find out you did it" to your personal stance. My, you really are a lovely person, aren't you? I sincerely hope you don't carry that perspective into your real life.

The checks we have in game are a violation of privacy and autonomy regardless of whether they detect it or not, and regardless of whether they are mentally coerced into going along with it and so to act like it's okay - it's still you taking away their free will and mentally coercing them to do as you say.

If we applied this to 'romance' paths, then it's still rape even if your coercion forces them to act like they're happy with the situation, and if they never find out you did this; you still took away their choice and violated their person. If that's your thing (again, it's fine if it is, in a fictional context, but don't act like what you're describing is not rape, because it is), it's the domain of mods, and not something that the devs should advocate for or put in place in their game.

==

Outside of that, it might benefit others to know that various shades of bisexuality are a hell of a lot more common than some seem to think in the real world... but also, outside of that, it's actually "The Norm" in the forgotten realms - FR may differ from many fantasy settings in this regard, but individuals being open to intimate relationships with people of any sex is the majority case there - and the realms is where this game is set. For all we know all of our companions are actively coded to be naturally bisexual anyway, and we'll later hear about earlier male-male flings that Wyll has had in his adventuring fame and glory life, and so on; we actually don't know yet... lots of people are just making the blind assumption that the characters are heterosexual be default, when we have literally nothing presented in game to assert this.

Last edited by Niara; 14/07/22 01:57 AM.
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by stevelin7

the issue is that bisexual isn't so common, or yes, they are common, but just few(1% !? maybe) in the world.

but suddenly your companions are all bisexual, isn't this a nightmare for the companions' sexuality!??

...and yet another that fails a comprehension check.

Although, I am going to have to see some links to wherever you're getting "suddenly bisexual" from. So, here's a hypothetical for you: We get Alfira as a comp, and you want to romance her on your male Tav, and find out that she's a lesbian. Are you:

A. going to accept that she's a lesbian, and go on;
B. Use your tadpole to manipulate her
C. Come to the forums to complain
D. Wait for the mod that changes her, so you can have the romance you want.

This is why they're written as they are for now. Whether I agree with it or not, which I've already made more than clear to those that read what I actually say, that's how they're done, and why they're done in this way. It's all good to disagree with it, I do, but I can also accept the logic behind the decision, whether I like it or not.

S
S
...and yet another that fails a comprehension check.

Although, I am going to have to see some links to wherever you're getting "suddenly bisexual" from. So, here's a hypothetical for you: We get Alfira as a comp, and you want to romance her on your male Tav, and find out that she's a lesbian. Are you:

A. going to accept that she's a lesbian, and go on;
B. Use your tadpole to manipulate her
C. Come to the forums to complain
D. Wait for the mod that changes her, so you can have the romance you want.

This is why they're written as they are for now. Whether I agree with it or not, which I've already made more than clear to those that read what I actually say, that's how they're done, and why they're done in this way. It's all good to disagree with it, I do, but I can also accept the logic behind the decision, whether I like it or not.

yes, I agree your talking.

S
S
to Niara :

m...I think the real important thing is that "do not take the evil path to the real world" wink because the evil path can turely ruin the world.

besides, because this is off the topic, I only say the final words. the binding can be "fate/stay night(R 18 famous game) " like or "fate/grand order", ...it's just for lawful, not evil.

so I am curious, many players play evil path(corrupt the worlds) and feel nothing. but thinking the binding is evil !??

thus, i never play "evil path" because it's corrupt.
I only play "grey path" or "good path", and I do think in specific conditions, the grey path or good path can lead to the true ending.

and your talking is that "enchanters" are evil natural.
but in the fact, enchanters are not, if the enchanters choose grey path or good path in BG3.
the only evil is that the player characters who choose evil path, though I think they know the difference of the game and the real life.

Last edited by stevelin7; 14/07/22 05:02 AM.
veteran
veteran
Speak of the devil Youtube just put this in front of me.A Dance with Rogues (a Neverwinter... romance... adventure)
I think I watched this guy's video on Baldur's Gate which probably helped.

What are the chances...1/400?

enthusiast
enthusiast
I think throughout the first act we have plenty of chances to flirt or give "hints" which characters we are interested in.

Aastarion does it himself and I think Shadowheart and Laezel have certain moments as well.
Even if the flirts fail (and they should so early in the game) at least that seems more organic at the celebration party when they come for the player.

Right now it just feels way too fast and too much at the same time.
Did Aastarion put a "kiss me I am horny" sign on our backs when we werent looking that the other characters started to proposition for cunnilingus?

And yeah Wenduag romance is by far the best romance i have seen in a rpg game.
It happens gradually, it evolves and actually changes the character dramatically throughout the entire story.
The only thing bad about it was there was not anymore of it.

Take notes larian.

Last edited by Eddiar; 23/07/22 05:50 PM.
A
A
Outside of that, it might benefit others to know that various shades of bisexuality are a hell of a lot more common than some seem to think in the real world...

Ha, good one!
Sorry, but that is just not true, neither statistically nor in my humble experience. I personally know around a thousand + people between 2 different countries I live in, and out of all of them none are "any shade of gray" as you put it. It's either one side or the other but none in between.

Back to the topic, I don't care whether all of the companions are playersexual/bisexual whatever, but I find it weird and annoying that they all have the hots for Tav at the same time... it's hard to believe that everyone of them is ready to throw themselves at the player the first chance they get. It could literally be the second night they spend together as a group. I mean, I know some like to move along fast, but that is lighting fast... hopefully Larian will pace the romance more appropriately.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by andromeda087
Outside of that, it might benefit others to know that various shades of bisexuality are a hell of a lot more common than some seem to think in the real world...

Ha, good one!
Sorry, but that is just not true, neither statistically nor in my humble experience. I personally know around a thousand + people between 2 different countries I live in, and out of all of them none are "any shade of gray" as you put it. It's either one side or the other but none in between.

Back to the topic, I don't care whether all of the companions are playersexual/bisexual whatever, but I find it weird and annoying that they all have the hots for Tav at the same time... it's hard to believe that everyone of them is ready to throw themselves at the player the first chance they get. It could literally be the second night they spend together as a group. I mean, I know some like to move along fast, but that is lighting fast... hopefully Larian will pace the romance more appropriately.

You personally know around a thousand people on such a deep level that you, with confidence, can deem their true sexuality? I very much doubt that. I have people I spend time with everyday, that don't know my sexuality. It's not like I hide it either and ofc they assume they know but I bet few of them would be correct if I asked them straight out what they think I am. And reliable statistics are hard to get in such sensitive matters.

But, I agree with you that the romances should span over a longer bit of the story and my take is that the way it is now, is because Larian in their initial marketing, made a huge deal about the romances and resulting sex scenes so they felt that if those wouldn't been in the EA....

Last edited by PrivateRaccoon; 24/07/22 12:58 AM.
veteran
veteran
I said it countless times and will repeat it here ...
Im glad that someone finaly broke that stupid cliché (yes, i know Dragon Age Origins, or Inquisition did that aswell) that game romances have to be stretched over whooooooole game, where despite the fact that our characters litteraly risk their lives every minute in the world, they decided to "wait for that perfect moment". -_- Yes, very romantic ... and also very stupid.
Especialy in cases like Mass Effect 2, where catalisator of that romance scene is "that you starting your suicidal mission and may not come back" ... how exactly does that differ from litteraly any or every landing on un-civilised planet? laugh

Nah, this makes perfect sense to me ...
World is dangerous, we like each other, there is opourtunity ... so why not?

---

But yes, it would be nice if NPCs would have their own sexual prefferences ...
Wich ties to my suggestion i was also repeating several times around here:

Followers should have 2 prefferences, gender and race ...
If our PC fits both, they should propose relationship (presuming we have enough approval ofc.)
If our PC fits one of them, they should not propose, and should get alterned dialogue in case we express our interest in them.
If our PC fits none of them, they should not propose, and should get again alterned dialogue, where they will be extremely surprised by the situation ... but can potentialy keep open mind to try it, in case Larian want all our characters to be romanceable no matter what we create.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
veteran
veteran
I don't know who you think you're foolin' Larian, but there's no way Laezel is interested in my little gnome with his 8 strength and 8 charisma.

addict
addict
A couple things Larian should add to BG3 <(lol)romances(lol)> :

Penis size and shape editor. Let us pick the color too.
Hardcore one night stands; I mean the game is pretty much aiming for this it seems. Add dialogue options: lick, swallow, bite etc...
Party size foursomes.

I mean apart from the story/gameplay bits, this game is basically a masturbation simulator the rest of the time right?
There all Larian fans happy. And an extra couple millions in sells.

Last edited by mr_planescapist; 29/07/22 07:15 AM.
veteran
veteran
@JandK
Why not tho?

I mean Githyanki surely respect strong sides of powerfull Wizard ... and it can also be appealing for her that despite the fact that your Gnome *seems* like creature even stray cat would eat, he can handle himself.
I mean ... it would be reasonable if she would act surprised by this atraction ... and your Tav would probably need to make first move, since i aswell cant really imagine her offering herself so easily as she do now ...
But beyond that? It dont seem impossible.

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 29/07/22 07:15 AM.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by mr_planescapist
A couple things Larian should add to BG3 <(lol)romances(lol)> :

[...]

Hardcore one night stands; I mean the game is pretty much aiming for this it seems.

They don't need to add this - it's already in the game. That's what Minthara's hook-up IS, after all... rendered cutscene with missing naughty bits and rock-hard, solid-object tits and all ^.^

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard