V
V_Ben Offline OP
Ben_Larian
OP Offline
Ben_Larian
V
[Linked Image from cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com]

Hello everyone,

We’ve got another hotfix for you today, addressing several crashes and bugs. We’re also very happy to report that this hotfix brings Patch 8 to Mac players. We’d make a joke about metal support but we wouldn’t want to explode Neil’s head again, now, would we?

Thank you to everyone who took the time to report these issues to us through all of our channels. Your support is greatly appreciated as we squash these troublesome bugs. Thank you for playing Baldur’s Gate 3!

CRASHES & BLOCKERS

• Fixed some companions not performing their camp rituals in savegames first made in the original Patch 8 release or Hotfix 24, and then loaded or saved in Hotfix 25.
  • Fixed a crash that would occur when you successively went to camp, traded with Withers, then went to sleep.
  • Fixed a potential crash that would occur when saving or levelling up.
  • Fixed a potential crash that would occur when you dismissed a companion at camp and key items were transferred into your inventory automatically.
  • Fixed passive rolls crashing the game in certain circumstances, like when starting combat while sneaking.
  • Fixed a crash that would occur when sending a character to camp while the party panel was open.

COMBAT

• Fixed Valiant Damage removing Bardic Inspiration if you missed an attack.
  • Fixed spells with effects that end combat getting interrupted.
  • Fixed the hag’s cinematic not triggering when you entered her lair for the boss fight.

UI & UX

• The party panel now updates the character list when you add or remove a character to or from the party.
  • The journal now updates accordingly when the hag's reward appears in your inventory after you choose to spare her in exchange for ‘power’.
  • Fixed the Level Up UI not appearing when entering Turn-Based Mode for the first time.
  • Fixed revived companions having empty inventories when resurrected.
  • Improved the text input support for Chinese keyboards (Microsoft Pinyin).

VISUAL BUGS

• Fixed a Vulkan-specific visual glitch that would occur when switching races during character creation.
  • Fixed a visual issue causing squares to appear in the sky around distant trees.
  • Fixed Gauntlet Nichol's name going missing.

B
apprentice
apprentice
B
So just downloaded for Mac, and FYI after the first battle on Nautiloid I cannot save.

When I save it just crashes and I have to hard reset my MacBook. It then reverts to the auto save before meeting lazael.

So, I'm giving up for now.

G
stranger
stranger
G
Why the druid leader was killed in the latest update?

S
S
Originally Posted by Baronvonheadless
So just downloaded for Mac, and FYI after the first battle on Nautiloid I cannot save.

When I save it just crashes and I have to hard reset my MacBook. It then reverts to the auto save before meeting lazael.

So, I'm giving up for now.

I’m not having that issue on my Mac. Maybe try reinstalling?

B
apprentice
apprentice
B
^^You think I should uninstall and reinstall the game?

Last edited by Baronvonheadless; 31/07/22 05:10 AM.
X
stranger
stranger
X
Yes, that could help. The same issue happened to me just a day ago and i just created a new character, badically started a new game and so far bo bugs have appeared crazy

B
apprentice
apprentice
B
I uninstalled and reinstalled the game, deleted all my old profiles and saves, started completely new, and the problem is still happening.

It's the patch for sure.

A
stranger
stranger
A
I ran into an issue with the Mac version patch 8 no mods. The game started fine yesterday and I played for a while, saved and called it a night. Today when I open the game, ater the Larian Logo and the Nvidea logo a small load screen happens. The loding bar then gets stuck. I checked permisisons of saved files, I tried removing them, but steam puts them back. I tried verifying the game files via steam.

My guess is that the issue has to do with loading the saved game files. Is sandboxing or permissions loading required for the game? If the devs can point to the location of the log file I can get more info.

Last edited by Alos; 31/07/22 07:32 PM.
stranger
stranger
Well

enthusiast
enthusiast
Oh wow, you guys are working on Sundays? THANK YOU!!!!! Woohoo!!!! (I'll take ANY excuse to play BG3 heheheheh). Keep up the great work, TEAM LARIAN!!

L
stranger
stranger
L
Originally Posted by Alos
I ran into an issue with the Mac version patch 8 no mods. The game started fine yesterday and I played for a while, saved and called it a night. Today when I open the game, ater the Larian Logo and the Nvidea logo a small load screen happens. The loding bar then gets stuck. I checked permisisons of saved files, I tried removing them, but steam puts them back. I tried verifying the game files via steam.

My guess is that the issue has to do with loading the saved game files. Is sandboxing or permissions loading required for the game? If the devs can point to the location of the log file I can get more info.

I ran into the same issue. I let the game sit for 5+ minutes, and it did eventually load. After that, I haven't had any problems.

O
stranger
stranger
O
OneDrive help come from on Patch 7...

Help, where Patch 8 in who is?

Hotkey ? Dual-wielding weapon? Ffs

STILL WAITING FOR NEW COMPANION AND CUSTOM PARTY WITHOUT MULTIPLAYER.
BECAUSE WHY FUCKING NOT???

Link Copied to Clipboard