Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
So I've come across this infamous bug which seems to be a guaranteed trigger by meeting Raphael at the camp.

After the conversation with Raphael at the camp, Lae'zel stops functioning as a party member. She does not get knocked down as a party member after the conversation ends, completely stops following the player and even ignores any group commands such as "grouped sneak".

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Unfortunately I haven't found a way to fix this issue once it's triggered. The only option right now is to completely avoid resting. I've already reported this directly via the Feedback option and provided a save file which easily reproduces it, but thought I'd post a report here just in case as well.

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
This has just happened to me, too, but much later in the game when I'm in the Underdark. It seems to be triggered by long resting, but there must be more to it than that as I've tried reloading a save from a few days and long resting and it doesn't happen then. I'll play around a bit and see if I can narrow it down, and also check back through the forum to see if this seems to be new for the new hotfix. (Oddly, searching BG3 forums for "following" doesn't throw up any results for me, despite this post clearly existing).

As you say, she doesn't follow or group sneak, though if she's the selected character then others will follow her. Saving and reloading doesn't help, and nor does long resting again, though I can reload saves from before the issue happened and she's following again. But when I reloaded the most recent save from before the issue occurred which for me was just after rescuing Baelen in the Underdark, it happened again as soon as I long-rested.

EDIT: In fact, here's a thread that looks as though it's related - https://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=818924#Post818924. Not sure what I'm doing wrong with my forum search! Though from this thread it looks as though the previous issue was meant to be resolved with Hotfix 25 so perhaps this is different or has been reintroduced with hotfix 27.

Last edited by The_Red_Queen; 31/07/22 06:27 PM.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Okay, I've played around a bit and found out more, though I still don't understand exactly what is triggering this. In every save I have back to (and including) one from 14:10 BST on 27 July, if I long rest then Lae'zel stops following me. The save I have before that on is half an hour earlier, at 13:41 BST on 27 July. That is in the Zhentarim hideout after wiping out all the Zhentarim. I can't recall exactly what I did last time between those two saves, except enter the Underdark via the hidden lift in the hideout, kill two Minotaurs and start walking towards the Myconid colony. I've tried doing that, and got as far as the colony and spoken to the king, long resting frequently and Lae'zel is still following.

I don't really fancy doing everything I did between that save and today again so may wait and keep my fingers crossed for an swift hotfix for this one!

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
I'm pretty sure the new Hotfix#27 is the cause, since up until now I haven't had a single problem with the companions not following. Going from what other players have stated, it seems that any dialogue within the camp is causing this and not just Raphael as I previously thought.

Interestingly enough there are more reports of this issue affecting only Lae'zel, which started happening only after the last hotfix was deployed: Is there a Follower Bug Fix/work-around?.

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Yes, it seems to be something that can happen on any long rest in camp. I'd submitted a bug report, but Larian support confirmed they're already aware and working on it, so fingers crossed for another hotfix soon.

V
stranger
stranger
V
I have the exact same problem. Lae'zel stops following the party after meeting Raphael. It doesn't matter if Lae'zel was in the party or in the camp when we meet him.

Link Copied to Clipboard