Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
addict
OP Offline
addict
Question, Comments, Brickbracks!

Shouldn’t lesser restoration spell restore your vision after Auntie Ethel kisses your eye and puts it back? I know there was magic involved especially with it being plucked out. But unlike Volo’s lil operation, the eye was put back and apparently is alive for lack of a better word.

I can see (BADA BING) why you would need a Greater Restoration spell to fix Volo’s damage, as the eye itself is completely removed.

The biggest reason I don’t even fool with letting them have their way is because losing critical hits is a big deal. Having Restoration spells atleast restore critical hits would be more balanced anyway. I don’t get why losing an eye stops all critical hits.

Gruumsh would totally agree with me and his priest are rather offended smile 👁 L X

Last edited by avahZ Darkwood; 06/08/22 05:33 PM.
veteran
veteran
I'm guessing that lesser restoration doesn't work because the Hag's curse is just too powerful. But even still, I'd like to know who thought that effect was a good idea and what plans they have for it, because it is damn punishing.

old hand
old hand
There is a spell called Remove Curse as far as I remember, but I think it is a lvl3 spell which are not available for now. Lesser Restoration is more for some conditions like diseases etc.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Gray Ghost
I'm guessing that lesser restoration doesn't work because the Hag's curse is just too powerful. But even still, I'd like to know who thought that effect was a good idea and what plans they have for it, because it is damn punishing.

I would gladly take the Hag Eyed condition if they could get the look to go forward with the character.

It looks ***amazing*** in the cut scene, but the appearance disappears after that, sadly.

That said, the condition is harsh. I would appreciate some small benefit to go along with it. Like being able to use the Staff of Crones without the drawback of taking damage. Something like that.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by JandK
Originally Posted by Gray Ghost

I would gladly take the Hag Eyed condition if they could get the look to go forward with the character.

It looks ***amazing*** in the cut scene, but the appearance disappears after that, sadly.

That said, the condition is harsh. I would appreciate some small benefit to go along with it. Like being able to use the Staff of Crones without the drawback of taking damage. Something like that.

+1

veteran
veteran
Actualy it just depends a lot about wich damaging spells you use ...
If you are Wizard, relying mainly on damage through Magic Missiles*, or Witch Bolt ... it dont really have any effect for you, since those spells cant crit anyway. laugh

*wich are SUPER powerfull with certain artefacts ... so far i managed to enpower them up to: 1d4+1 +1d4 +1(or1d8) ... curently even +1d4 since this robe is buged and adds to any damage. laugh

I would appreciate some small benefit to go along with it. Like being able to use the Staff of Crones without the drawback of taking damage. Something like that.
Agree that some benefit would be appreciated ...
But i dislike when efefcts on me changes effects for artefacts ... i mean if this staff is supposed to poison me, then it should poison me no matter whatm i shouldnt be able to just turn it off, i should receive some benefit out of it ... if Hag's Eye would give me resistance to poison damage, to mitigate that effect, and some benefit (like temp. HP, or bonus damage) if i receive Poison damage, that would be cool. :3

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 06/08/22 07:57 AM.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
old hand
old hand
Ethel gives you a charm which you can break to get an insane bonus, but I think it ends after the long rest. frown

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Agree that some benefit would be appreciated ...
But i dislike when efefcts on me changes effects for artefacts ... i mean if this staff is supposed to poison me, then it should poison me no matter whatm i shouldnt be able to just turn it off, i should receive some benefit out of it ... if Hag's Eye would give me resistance to poison damage, to mitigate that effect, and some benefit (like temp. HP, or bonus damage) if i receive Poison damage, that would be cool. :3

I guess I think of it as something like the staff recognizing its own type of thing. As if the staff wouldn't hurt Auntie Ethel if she used it, but is cursed for anyone "outside" the family, so to speak.

But I would appreciate any benefit like that. Something flavorful that takes away a bit of the otherwise permanent sting.

Originally Posted by neprostoman
Ethel gives you a charm which you can break to get an insane bonus, but I think it ends after the long rest. frown

Yeah, it's a consumable that goes away after a long rest. Meanwhile, the downside of Hag Eyed stays with you forever.

veteran
veteran
As if the staff wouldn't hurt Auntie Ethel if she used it, but is cursed for anyone "outside" the family, so to speak.
Yup i understand the idea, and logic behind it ... i simply dislike it. laugh

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard