Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Volunteer Moderator
OP Offline
Volunteer Moderator
I fancied making a sussur sickle this playthrough, but can’t find a basic sickle to start from. I thought redcaps might drop them, but while they’re animated with sickles there are none on their bodies. Then I wondered about the kua toa, but only their priest drops a magical sickle.

Does anyone know where I might be able to find one, ideally without theft or murder?

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
veteran
veteran
Not without theft, unfortunately.

The only one I know of is in the room with Nettie. It's super easy to get when you first walk in because she's looking at the exhausted bird.

The sickle is on the table to the right of the entrance into the room where you first see her. It's by, I think, a couple of carrots and maybe a potion. Holding down "alt" will show it.

old hand
old hand
Sickle is located near the Idol of Silvanus, near one of the druids who perform a ritual here, in the grass.

Volunteer Moderator
OP Offline
Volunteer Moderator
Thanks, both. I managed to swipe the one from Nettie’s table without her noticing. The one in the grass outside is also owned by the druids and looked much harder to get away with stealing!

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by The_Red_Queen
Thanks, both. I managed to swipe the one from Nettie’s table without her noticing. The one in the grass outside is also owned by the druids and looked much harder to get away with stealing!

Simply throw the sickle lying on the ground away from the area of ​​the magic ritual. Then one of the druids comes and collects it. You only get a -5 reputation penalty, but nobody cares. After that you can legally buy the sickle from this NPC (I forget his name). wink

Volunteer Moderator
OP Offline
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by Lotus Noctus

Simply throw the sickle lying on the ground away from the area of ​​the magic ritual. Then one of the druids comes and collects it. You only get a -5 reputation penalty, but nobody cares. After that you can legally buy the sickle from this NPC (I forget his name). wink

Cunning! Thanks for the tip. Though I usually hesitate to make use of exploits that I can’t rationalise away I think in this case the game is to blame for not giving us options to get sickles by fair means!

old hand
old hand
I usually cast a mage hand and perform a throw if I need to steal something that is in sight of the NPCs. That way the mage hand gets the attitude penalty.

old hand
old hand
Cunning! Thanks for the tip. Though I usually hesitate to make use of exploits that I can’t rationalise away I think in this case the game is to blame for not giving us options to get sickles by fair means!

You're welcome ^_^ I actually think it's no exploit but a cool AI mechanic that the druids notice their overconfidence when it comes to anti-theft protection and correct it by themselves.

Originally Posted by neprostoman
I usually cast a mage hand and perform a throw if I need to steal something that is in sight of the NPCs. That way the mage hand gets the attitude penalty.

I'll keep that in mind when someday the custom party increase to 5 or 6 comes along. Currently I don't have a class with a Mage hand in my party.

Last edited by Lotus Noctus; 08/08/22 04:52 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard