Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 16 17
Tuco Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Ok, I'm blatantly stealing the title/topic of discussion from reddit, but I saw this thread there few minutes ago and after reading a bunch of replies I got curious about what the answers would be here.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
That our dialogue choices stays as limited as they are right now.
There are some other minor wories, but this one is probably biggest for me. frown

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
veteran
veteran
This is actually a tough one, because I have several.

That item management won't get better but worse as the game progresses is at the top of my list.

That the difficulty settings will either be super easy or ridiculously hard - "Oh, but we have you 5e RAW difficulty setting like you asked. You need multiple miracles from God to play through it, but we gave it to you."

That reactions will suck in the end.

Oh! No. This is the biggest.

That the story ending will suck and make no sense and I'll hate all the characters by the time the game ends.

Z
journeyman
journeyman
Z
That we are not going to get a good companion.

S
old hand
old hand
S
Game breaking bugs that will ruin a save. I'll be sure to make backups of each and every save point of my playthrough at release.

veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
Originally Posted by zamo
You mean in aligment, or well written?

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
veteran
veteran
My biggest fear is that goofy items and broken mechanics remains unchanged.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
addict
addict
That we won't get a real D&D game and it will be up to the modders to fix the game to actually feel and play like a D&D game.

That's my greatest fear for BG3 at the moment. I have other worries as well, of course, but those are comparatively minor like hating most of the companions.

veteran
veteran
With reactions being worked on I will assume for now that they will be improved somehow.

At this point my biggest worry will be that act1 will be by far the most polished and ambitious part of the title and the rest of the game won't build on choices we have made (outside locking content of we didn't satisfy quest progression requirements) and will be more limited in both quest complexity and gameplay variety.

veteran
veteran
That Halsin won’t be a companion!!!🐻🐻🐻

Other fears are that they will limit resting and add more timed quests!

Z
journeyman
journeyman
Z
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Originally Posted by zamo
You mean in aligment, or well written?

Alignment.

K
journeyman
journeyman
K
I'd say my biggest fears are:
- Class restrictions on Spells not making it in and Gale and wizards learning all spells under the sun;
- Reactions being lacklustre in execution
- Acts 2 and 3 getting smaller than act 1 (not recall how it was in DOS II, but wasn't act 1 the biggest? lol);
- no mod support, dungeonmaster mode or dungeon designer a la Solasta;
- Larian not realising the expansion potential and doing their usual enhanced edition before moving on to other projects.

veteran
veteran
I fear that cheap homebrew exploits like Shove, Stealth, Help and metagamed alpha strikes against non-hostile enemies will still rule combat and override D&D rules.

I fear we will get more goofy magic items with nonsensical conditional properties instead of D&D magic items.

I fear Larian can't commit to a proper Long Rest system and we will have the same unlimited resting with a pointless food mini-game attached we have now.

veteran
Online Content
veteran
that Larian dums it down to a level that can be streamed by some smuck while patting her cat and talking about shoes

Luke Skywalker: I don't, I don't believe it.
Yoda: That is why you failed.
veteran
veteran
That the main story is an afterthought and it ends up being mediocre and fizzles out at the end.

L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
Main concerns:

1. The main story ends up being not very good. So far I think it is solid, but unspectacular. I found the beginning of Divinity: Original Sin 2 to be much more gripping. I honestly hope they add a prologue where your just play in a little town or something before your character is snatched up to give you more of an attachment to them.

2. That Act 2 and 3 are not nearly as big as Act 1.

3. That the city of Baldur's Gate ends up being as underwhelming as Arx was in Divinity: Original Sin 2. I would prefer we get rushed to a massive Baldur's Gate rather than the journey taking forever and Baldur's Gate being underwhelming.

4. That Act 2 and 3 are 'rushed'. Divinity 2 was great, but it felt like they ran out of steam by the end of the game.

5. That companion stories will end up dominating the game over the "main character's" story/journey.

6. Itemization ends up being lacking. I thought Divinity 2's itemization was great - but the pacing of it ended up being rough (needing to upgrade basically every level later in the game). I find Baldur's Gate 3's itemization to be pretty bland so far... but that might just be an outflowing of the D&D ruleset and its limitations.

old hand
old hand
There are some hints that this was already taken into account. If you invest into Mol's thief business, if you save a painter, if you help the mushroom dumbell dude in the underdark - they all tell you to visit them when in Baldur's Gate. Those example are minor though, not anything related to the big plot. But I have high expectations here.

As for my fears - I fear the narration and the overall flow of the story to get boring. Same happened for me after act 2 in DOS2.

Last edited by neprostoman; 10/08/22 02:17 PM.
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Lots of good points here already, but on the assumption that the immersion-breaking bugs and graphical glitches are fixed then, if I had to pick one worry, it would be that a custom character ends up feeling like a mere cipher at the centre of more interesting characters and stories.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
Tuco Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by Lake Plisko
4. That Act 2 and 3 are 'rushed'. Divinity 2 was great, but it felt like they ran out of steam by the end of the game.

6. Itemization ends up being lacking. I thought Divinity 2's itemization was great - but the pacing of it ended up being rough (needing to upgrade basically every level later in the game). I find Baldur's Gate 3's itemization to be pretty bland so far... but that might just be an outflowing of the D&D ruleset and its limitations.
Just to be clear... Are you talking about Divinity 2 or Divinity Original Sin 2, here?

And for the record I thought the Itemization in DOS 2 was absolutely dreadful even before accounting the steep scaling (that was an additional malus on top).

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
Z
journeyman
journeyman
Z
Larian Homebrew + High Level Abilities. Quickened fireball x2, etc.

Last edited by zamo; 10/08/22 03:11 PM.
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 16 17

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard