Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Volunteer Moderator
OP Offline
Volunteer Moderator
Having played through the game a few times I'm worried I'm just seeing what I expect to see and missing new and different ways to do things. Right now, I'm wondering if I've missed ways to get into the goblin camp and shattered sanctum.

I'm aware of the following:

To get into the camp at all:
1. Fight your way in (never tried this)
2. Persuade/Intimidate/Tadpole coerce the guards
3. Free Sazza from the grove and have her smooth your way in
4. Sneak past the initial guards over the first bridge and go right, down the vines and along the ledge by the ravine, then jump across the river to the right of the bridge and down onto the path from the waterfall that is also mentioned by the goblin boss by the windmill if he surrenders and you get him to tell you what he knows
5. Sneak past the initial guards over the first bridge and go left and through the trapped tunnel, then as per 4 once you get to the second bridge
6. Jump or presumably misty step across the fragile log above where the addled frog can be found without breaking it, and then go through the trapped tunnel as per 5

Once in the camp either:
A. Go through the main door to the sanctum and pass a skill check with the guards on the other side, or fight them, or have Sazza will ease your way
B. Break through the broken wall up near the bugbears and enter up by the rafters. I've only done this with Silence cast when I break the stone to effect a sneaky entry but guess it would also work if you kill the nearby bugbears or even the whole camp
C. I only recently realised you can poison a booze barrel in the camp to reduce the number of goblins outside if you're intending to fight them (or just want to kill a few goblins without getting your hands bloody)
D? My deep gnome was most peeved after climbing a ladder all the way from the Selunite outpost in the Underdark that there doesn't seem to be a way to break into the temple from below. I know the implication is that this was blocked from the other side to block marauding denizens of the Underdark, but it's a door that can be operated by a lever so it feels as though there could be some vulnerability. Did I miss something?

I'm sure I haven't found all the possibilities and permutations. Has anyone got any more, or any particular favourites?

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
old hand
old hand
You can get to the camp from the side of the Mountain Pass, there is a ravine here, if you jump over then it can lead you to the upper outer levels of the temple, not far from the bugbears and the wall.

You can also featherfall+jump your way into the camp from the cliff where you find Arka's corpse.

Can't think of any other ways for now. I heard something about the drow being able to enter the camp at will? Haven't played as one yet.

Volunteer Moderator
OP Offline
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by neprostoman
You can get to the camp from the side of the Mountain Pass, there is a ravine here, if you jump over then it can lead you to the upper outer levels of the temple, not far from the bugbears and the wall.

Oh yes, forgot about this, which was rubbish of me as that was exactly what I'd just tried and what brought on this wondering about whether there was any other way (if you mean from around Mountain Pass X:-141, Y: 470 that is).

I heard something about the drow being able to enter the camp at will? Haven't played as one yet.

Ah, I've not seen that either, but then both my drow so far were the kinds of people who would free Sazza to gain entry to the camp so her dialogue would have trumped any drow-specific lines. But going off the encounter in the blighted village, where a drow gets a pass from the leader of the hidden goblins, if a drow can get by then so can any other character with the Disguise Self spell who disguises themself as a drow. One to try in a future playthrough.

EDIT:

You can also featherfall+jump your way into the camp from the cliff where you find Arka's corpse.

Ah yes, so you can! I hadn't realised that was doable but have just checked it out.

Last edited by The_Red_Queen; 12/08/22 09:47 PM.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
M
journeyman
journeyman
M
Be a drow. Even if you don't want to play the 'evil' side, just walk thru 90% of everything get the respect a drow is given. (:

old hand
old hand
Take Will in your party from level 3, have him summon the imp (turn invisible) and send it off to explore the goblin camp... Once it finds the portal just teleport the party in past the guards at the bridge

Luke Skywalker: I don't, I don't believe it.
Yoda: That is why you failed.
old hand
old hand
To enter the inner camp have Will break open the wall up top... Do or don't wake up the drunks as you see fit

Volunteer Moderator
OP Offline
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by Ussnorway
Take Will in your party from level 3, have him summon the imp (turn invisible) and send it off to explore the goblin camp... Once it finds the portal just teleport the party in past the guards at the bridge

Oh yes. There will be variations on this too. I've just tried walking my spider familiar in (not invisible or sneaking) and the goblins can't talk to and don't attack it, and it can also get to the waypoint. Or you could just walk a party member turned invisible and do the same.

addict
addict
Fighting your way in is one gigantic bloodbath but worth doing at least once.

Volunteer Moderator
OP Offline
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by Ranxerox

Okay, I’ll psych myself up to give it a go in a future playthrough. Perhaps in a future patch when I’ve had enough time to recover from the emotional trauma of trying out the siding-with-Minthara path in my last run!

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by The_Red_Queen

Okay, I’ll psych myself up to give it a go in a future playthrough. Perhaps in a future patch when I’ve had enough time to recover from the emotional trauma of trying out the siding-with-Minthara path in my last run!
those kids totally had it coming and it puts her in the mood wink

veteran
veteran
Im still pissed that i couldnt choke them myslef.

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
Volunteer Moderator
OP Offline
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by Ussnorway
Originally Posted by The_Red_Queen

those kids totally had it coming and it puts her in the mood wink

Oh gods, don’t remind me! I made the mistake of going into Mol’s hideout eek. And that bit in Zevlor’s cave … I kept thinking why are those fools attacking? Just head up that ladder, along the ledge and jump. You still won’t have much chance, but better than none.

I’ll admit I did then take a certain perverse pleasure in having my MC nail Minthara just to get on her good side, while actually despising her and everything she stood for and not finding her remotely physically attractive (he had to think of Astarion). But that just goes to show that the experience has made me as warped as RagnarokCzD biggrin

veteran
veteran
What? Thats a lie! None of my characters ever thinked about Astarion! laugh

Volunteer Moderator
OP Offline
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
What? Thats a lie! None of my characters ever thinked about Astarion! laugh

I’m sorry for the dreadful libel! Your characters only wanted to throttle tiefling children, whereas lusting after Astarion is clearly *much* more warped. I take it back grin

veteran
veteran
Exactly! :3

U
apprentice
apprentice
U
Disguising yourself as a Drow with Shadowheart meets the "free drow entry" without having a drow!

Link Copied to Clipboard