Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Z
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
OP Offline
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Z
This is an alternate version of the "biggest fear" thread on this forum. What are game features, story points, or hinted ideas that you are most looking forward to in BG3 release? What are things you would like the developers to know they did right and should double down on, independent of all the things we have criticized?

No fears here. That's the other thread. Please.

Remember the human (This is a forum for a video game):
old hand
old hand
That someone else will obtain the D&D/FR license.

veteran
veteran
That Larian studios will learn to appreciate and embrace what's great about D&D, and stop forcing their own obsessions and changes into the system. They have good ideas but some if not most of them are pushed too far. E.g. verticality and surfaces are good concepts but they are pushed to be too dominant and game changing.

old hand
old hand
The higher level spells.

Solasta gave me a preview of what many of the higher level spells could do, and I'm curious to see what indirect changes they'll receive in BG3 by way of interacting with field effects and so on. There's also one particular spell that I'm looking forward to the most (Cleric's Spirit Guardians), not just due to how crazy it is in combat, but for narrative reasons.

Spirit Guardians is a spell that changes depending on its user's alignment (or in the absence of a true alignment system, I suppose disposition). From what I understand, the user appears to surround themselves with an aura of protective angels if they are good-aligned along with the spell inflicting radiant damage, while it appears rather demonic and inflicts necrotic damage if they are evil-aligned. Datamined information indicates the possibility that Shadowheart may swing either way depending on how we may be able to influence her, which means the spell might change accordingly.

old hand
old hand
Character creation system, while seemingly limited, allows you to create very unique characters. Secondly, I always like to roleplay to at least some extent, and I've never found myself in a situation where I had a dialogue option unfit for my current roleplay model. Also voice acting, it is very strong even on NPCs of lesser importance (Aradin, Baelen, Rugan, etc). Love some companions as well, for their personality twists - Wyll, one moment holding a hero composure, next moment yelling at goblins and torturing a captive. Then going back to the all hero attitude... Its like enjoying softening/hardening from Dragon Age but on a regular occasion laugh Or Astarion, enjoying life to its fullest despite being in a grave danger. I like the epic story as well, though this might be an unpopular opinion. If I want to play a dirt-crawling peasant simulator I'd play Kingdom Come Deliverance. I like low level DnD for its unlimited (almost) interactivity, but a game would not even come close to the tabletop levels of it, so I'd better have an epic story with a lot of shifts. There are much more things that I like (unfortunately don't have time to mention all of them now). I play the game on regular basis and am looking forward to release!

S
old hand
old hand
S
New druid forms! Bear and badger are nice but I'm hoping for some dinosaurs.

addict
addict
What am I looking forward to:

- Mod support and the release of mods that will allow me to play BG3 the way I want.

veteran
veteran
In terms of reactivity the game seem to have very few rivals.

NPCs explicitly acknowledging in dialogue if they’ve been pickpocketed of valuable items, robbers watching a ruin having different dialogues and reactions depending on where did you come from, freedom to attack anyone and everyone at any given time (and pay the consequences for it) and so on.

The voice acting seems to be surprisingly competent on average with some occasional glimpses of genuine excellence (Auntie Ethel, many of the goblins, etc) and unlike the sub-par cinematography adds a lot to the characters.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
addict
addict
Fully custom party. I love building characters mechanically and leveling them up in BG3. EA thoroughly burned me out on the companions, so I can’t wait to make my own party and venture forth.

Discovery. There’s nothing quite like exploring a new map in BG3. For of all of the map design’s quirks, they do keep me on my toes the first time around. It’ll be fun to finally poke around the full game to get that sense of awe and excitement.

There also something to be said for the systemic nature of the world. I like wandering patrols joining combat, the destructibilty of the environment, and a bunch of other spoilery details that emerge from how these systems interact. It can be broken for sure, but if the devs double down on polishing this, it could really help BG3 come alive.

Larian, please make accessibility a priority for upcoming patches.
veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
All the things we have promised but didnt get yet. smile
Custom party, rolled stats, much more options in character creation, missing races and sub-classes ... obviously in super curious and am looking forward for story ... and im really interested in mods people will create. :3

But if i should pick one thing only that im looking forward "the most" ... it would probably be races. laugh
Shallow and trivial i know ... but i cant help myself. laugh

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
veteran
veteran
I am most looking forward to finishing the story and getting more areas and quests. I am looking forward to finishing the shadow curse questline. I think Larian did a great job with pacing and with creating a long game that has interesting quests! There are no boring filler quests or trash mobs like some other games have. I love their map design. I love the cinematic dialogue and voice acting. It makes the quests very immersive for me.

I am also looking forward to getting fireball.biggrin

Last edited by Icelyn; 15/08/22 12:51 PM.
veteran
veteran
Experiencing more with the companions, both the ones we already have and the ones we have yet to meet.

Experiencing the full story of BG3: exploring new areas, getting new quests, etc.

Being surprised by cool things: e.g., getting got by Priestess Gut and then waking up in her cellar. See @Tuco's post above about BG3's reactivity.

veteran
veteran
Exploring the world they created/Adventuring

Trying to go against what Larian intended for story beats (eg, purposely ignoring Shadowheart, and trying to see how ridiculous the story gets if you avoid all "important" parts)

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by Icelyn
I am most looking forward to finishing the story and getting more areas and quests. I am looking forward to finishing the shadow curse questline. I think Larian did a great job with pacing and with creating a long game that has interesting quests! There are no boring filler quests or trash mobs like some other games have. I love their map design. I love the cinematic dialogue and voice acting. It makes the quests very immersive for me.

+1

There’s so much more that I’m looking forward to as well - far more than fears, which is why this question is so much harder for me - but most of all I just want to keep exploring more of the world and stories Larian are creating.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
L
journeyman
journeyman
L
Seeing how the story plays out as a mostly solo adventurer -- I've had my fill of the currently-available companions. Also, mods to make the game more like what I want and expect from a Baldur's Gate sequel.

L
addict
addict
L
It's a very mixed bag for me. The things I am looking forward to most and the things I am dreading are very much intertwined because they are the things most important to me in regards to this game. It's all going to come down to execution on Larian's part. They could knock it out of the park or fall flat on their faces with this game. We'll have to wait and see. Right now I am looking forward to seeing the evolution and conclusion of the stories for various party members and npcs. I want to see where things go with them.

veteran
veteran
I want to see final version of the combat system as I am still not sure how higher levels will work - could be disasterous, but could also be quite fun especially with some modding.

Looking forward to more companions - hopefully there will be some characters more to my taste then the current selection.

S
addict
addict
S
I honestly can't decide what I am looking forward to most, there are so many things.

I am looking forward to spending hours in character creation, trying out all the new options that have been added for full release.
I can't wait to see how much act 1 will differ on full release from what we have now.
I am super curious how the companion's backstories turn out - particularly Shadowheart and Astarion.
I will definitely play evil, so I am very curious about what Larian have done with it.

.. and so many other things. Sure, I am worried about the occasional thing, but all in all, I am incredibly hyped to play when it comes out, no matter what.

veteran
veteran
I'm definitely interested to see Baldur's Gate, I'd like to just marinate in the densely packed, fantasy urban setting for a while.

I'm also interested to get more on our companions too, especially how it'll be when playing as them.

Something already present in the EA, trying to break the game, and having it just go with it, is very gratifying. I'll be looking forward to all the ways this continues further along.

I guess it's no surprise, but most of my fears were the inverse of what I'm most excited to see.

old hand
old hand
In short words, when Larian proves me wrong with my concerns and fears. I'm gonna be happy. They've proven it once before: I was a fan of RTwP but Larians TB-mode convinced me. I like it. The only other game with TB-mode which ever got me was Jagged Alliance 2.

The super duper combo that I absolutely need for the full release (yes, full release and not years later), is: a custom party of 6 from the very beginning + all (sub)classes + all (sub)races. Everything else doesn't bother me that much. I wouldn't even complain on the forums because I'm just stuck in character creation all the time or testing new multiclass combos ingame.

EDIT:

I totally forgot to mention. I want to be able to side with the shady factions:

Ideally with the faction agent background: http://dnd5e.wikidot.com/background:faction-agent

1. The Zhentarim
2. The Guild
3. The Raven Queen

That would be really great for me, better than companions... I've always missed not expanding the factions... The Zhentarim are my top favorites and I will try to help them find a better social standing away from their abysmal evil outrages to lead them onto a slightly better path (grey alignment) like robbery instead of murder, smuggling instead of slave trade. I like the lore that they want to detach a little more from their dark past.

Last edited by Lotus Noctus; 16/08/22 04:58 AM.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard