Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#826034 09/08/22 04:55 AM
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
A rolled nine cannot beat a required five... Unfortunately, I can't remember the exact conversation situation. It was somewhere in Druids Grove.

https://www.directupload.net/file/d/6636/vlhdkf8h_jpg.htm

veteran
veteran
the script thinks you rolled a one... have you got mods installed?

Luke Skywalker: I don't, I don't believe it.
Yoda: That is why you failed.
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by Ussnorway
the script thinks you rolled a one... have you got mods installed?

Nope. I would have mentioned it.

Last edited by Lotus Noctus; 15/08/22 04:09 AM.
C
journeyman
journeyman
C
Could you have rolled 1 and with bonuses (+8 from somehwere) it is 9?

I believe Larian has homebrewed that 1 is automatic fail in conversations

We are all heroes, you and Boo and I! Hamsters and rangers everywhere, rejoice!
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by Cirrus550
Could you have rolled 1 and with bonuses (+8 from somehwere) it is 9?

I believe Larian has homebrewed that 1 is automatic fail in conversations

Quoting myself:
Originally Posted by Lotus Noctus
[...] Unfortunately, I can't remember the exact conversation situation [...]

I guess it was my MC (Thief) with 12 charisma + Expertise in persuasion & deception + Guidance cantrip. Moreover he never rolls a 1... I would remember that.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Lotus Noctus
I guess it was my MC (Thief) with 12 charisma + Expertise in persuasion & deception + Guidance cantrip. Moreover he never rolls a 1... I would remember that.
12 Charisma gives a +1
Expertise gives a +4
Guidance gives a +1 to +4
Total: +6 to a +9

It's consistent that you rolled a natural 1, which was then bumped to a 9 in Larian's (overly flashy) animation that presents your total. Given that your screenshot shows "Failed," the addition of modifiers has already happened and that number shown on the die is your total (roll+modifiers), not your raw roll. With a total of 9, there's a 33% chance you rolled a natural 1 (and guidance was a +3).

If you're absolutely sure that the original roll wasn't a 1, then idk. But that's my guess.

old hand
old hand
I think if you roll 1, it stays as 1. No add-up from guidance and proficiencies gets visualized.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by neprostoman
I think if you roll 1, it stays as 1. No add-up from guidance and proficiencies gets visualized.
Hm. I mean, that would make the most sense given Larian's version of nat 1's being auto fails... Wacky then.

@OP you should probably submit a bug report here: https://larian.com/support/baldur-s-gate-3#modal
It sends your report directly to Larian.

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by mrfuji3
Hm. I mean, that would make the most sense given Larian's version of nat 1's being auto fails... Wacky then.

@OP you should probably submit a bug report here: https://larian.com/support/baldur-s-gate-3#modal
It sends your report directly to Larian.

Yes I know, but thx. Hm, but it's a rare little bug that I encountered once in this current patch and once in the previous patch. There are other more urgent bugs. They can read their subforum by themselves. After all, what's that for? cool

Last edited by Lotus Noctus; 15/08/22 03:32 PM.
C
journeyman
journeyman
C
I would claim that it definitely was not like that. If it is now today with patch 8 I cannot say without testing.

We are all heroes, you and Boo and I! Hamsters and rangers everywhere, rejoice!
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by Cirrus550
I would claim that it definitely was not like that. If it is now today with patch 8 I cannot say without testing.

Currently, if you throw a 1, then any possible add-ons do not get visualised as neprostoman said: you just fail the check immediately. It happened to me today after seeing this thread so I was paying attention.

I do have a feeling it may have been different in earlier patches though.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
addict
addict
I wouldn’t call it a small bug tbh. If this bug effects all rolls seen and unseen, that could be a bit of an issue…

veteran
veteran
on 1 disc a roll of one always fails in patch 8.
if you roll 2 disc i.e, advanage then both get a one thats a fail as well but you really need to be unlucky to manage that

in the image has he rolled a nine but the image also suggs a one... which is why I asked about mods. i look at that screenshot the OP posted and think his game files must be messed up but you would expect other bugs to be happening as well if thats the case

p.s, i do agree reporting bugs is a waist of time with Larian currently

Luke Skywalker: I don't, I don't believe it.
Yoda: That is why you failed.

Link Copied to Clipboard