Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
enthusiast
enthusiast
To be completely honest, I just want to quench my thirst at this point, I've been parched since patch 4. This is torture.

A
journeyman
journeyman
A
I’m just hoping they at least start to pretend they are making a d&d game and adhering to d&d before it’s fully released. There’s been some steps but it needs a lot of work.

veteran
veteran
I hope for a detailed Baldurs Gate ( the City) with nightquests too.
I like to see the reactions reworked - I seem to remember, that our nee community manager saud something along the line.
I really look forward to Karlach as companion and I hope to get at least one other companion, I like ( looking at you, Helia), since the companions, we have now, are not exactly my cup of tea with the exception of Shadowheart.

The rest are my fears from the other thread changed into hopes, so I won't post it here again.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
M
journeyman
journeyman
M
Originally Posted by snowram
New druid forms! Bear and badger are nice but I'm hoping for some dinosaurs.
Waay back I made a mod for NWN2 that was a version of the shapemaster druid. Could learn the shape of just about anything you met. And if you have the levels could shift and gain the powers. TBH it really became insane OP but the shear VARIETY and fun it added was a blast. (plus it was a fun brain challenge to create)

M
journeyman
journeyman
M
I'm looking forward to building a tower of boxes in Wuakeems Prommonade (or hower it spelt or named these days)
O_o

L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
Playing another Larian game from start to finish and seeing their full vision. For as many things as I worry about I still think BG3 is a blast so far… and Larian made one of my top two favorite games of all time in DOS2.

S
old hand
old hand
S
Originally Posted by magiccozmo
Originally Posted by snowram
New druid forms! Bear and badger are nice but I'm hoping for some dinosaurs.
Waay back I made a mod for NWN2 that was a version of the shapemaster druid. Could learn the shape of just about anything you met. And if you have the levels could shift and gain the powers. TBH it really became insane OP but the shear VARIETY and fun it added was a blast. (plus it was a fun brain challenge to create)
Sounds super fun, the sheer variety of the forms is exactly why I love playing druid. I wonder if a mod that forces you to take the form of the last thing you killed would work...

M
journeyman
journeyman
M
Actually, one thing I don't really recall seeing any mention of either way is if Larian intends to give us our very own content editor for maps etc etc. One of the things that made the old BG2,NWN,NWN2 so great was all the community content. I would REALLY look forward to that.

Z
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
OP Offline
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Z
-Exploring a world in 3 Dimensions by moving around and frequently jumping and changing platforms. I wish it was bigger and less theme-parky, but Reaper's Coast in DOS2 was fun to explore for the first playthrough and only got old once you had discovered everything.

-Having in-depth companions with party interactions, character arcs, and reactivity to character and decisions. Not a lot of games do this well, and it's nice to see the attempt at life-like characters being made here. The only companies making this type of experience are Bioware (not in a long time), Obsidian (not in a long time), and Owlcat (not necessarily to the same caliber), and some others that I'm forgetting. This genre has seemed to be on the decline for a while, and I'm glad Larian is putting a stop to it.

-Creating a character with a tie to the world and seeing the world react and my characters develop.

-Mid and Late game combat encounters that make interesting use of the 5e system.

Remember the human (This is a forum for a video game):
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Zerubbabel
This genre has seemed to be on the decline for a while, and I'm glad Larian is putting a stop to it.
I hope the game is a great success and that more games like it are made by Larian and other companies! celebrate

veteran
veteran
For all my trepidations, I actually am generally looking forward to this game. I'm looking forward to creating characters in it and having them talk and do things. I enjoy the way we can have characters look, and I am a character creation junkie in general.

A
journeyman
journeyman
A
Looking most for a complete overhaul of the game engine (so it would support fly/climbing, reactions and dnd mechanics in general) and complete overthinking of design philosophy (including characters, quests, locations, itemizaion). All in all I'm looking forward to the game not being trash.

addict
addict
I'm looking forward to the new areas to explore and NPC's/monsters to encounter. Also looking forward to the Mods .

Z
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
OP Offline
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Z
Originally Posted by Ranxerox
I'm looking forward to the new areas to explore and NPC's/monsters to encounter. Also looking forward to the Mods .
I don't know how in-depth the tools will be, if there will be any at all, but there is so much value in letting players use BG3 to create new stories. With a large enough community and enough access to the engine and its tools, we could be getting entire campaigns with cinematics and voice acting in the years to come. Or it could be like previously, and we'll get custom class mods. I guess that's nice too.

Remember the human (This is a forum for a video game):
veteran
veteran
I watched those very long videos about BG1+2.
Now I am a bit more confident that BG3 will be good, because many issues now were discussed the same way back then and the games were great.

some examples:
- changes to the rules. Back then DnD fans said that something that is not turn based should not be called DnD.
- feature bloat. The devs wanted to implement tons of stuff. Much of it had to be removed or reduced after they already put lots of time/efford into it. For BG2 they even considered mounted combat at some point.
- Too much focus on romance. The Jaheira romance in BG2 spiraled out of control so they had to move writers who should write male romances to Jaheira. Thats why we have 3 girls and only 1 man for dating and they had to change Anomen (only male choice) to be more likable.

The list goes on. History repeats itself. Hopefully this means we get another great game.

groovy Prof. Dr. Dr. Mad S. Tist groovy

World leading expert of artificial stupidity.
Because there are too many people who work on artificial intelligence already :hihi:
7d7 Offline
journeyman
journeyman
To actually play the game and have the full story!

Then after this is a strong modding community. If Larian plays its card right and allows for custom campaigns with a decent map editor I can actually see myself spending hours actually building maps for my DnD groups! That s a happy paying player base for years spending 10-25usd a year on every official DLCs (caldron of everything or 5.5e ruleset)

veteran
veteran
Mostly combats and related mechanics.
There are currently major flaws or issues with a number of mechanics and I can't wait to see what Larian is going to do (surprise/sneak, reactions, consummables, verticality, conditions,...).

I'm also waiting a lot to see what they'll do with equipable items.

Last edited by Maximuuus; 19/08/22 02:05 PM.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard