Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
stranger
stranger
Probably one of the most necessary changes bc it also incentivizes us to use different characters.

Also, this has literally 0 downside. Not sure how this UI got out of EA in the current state.

N
apprentice
apprentice
N
Totally agree with this. I've sort of come to grips with the inventory management, though it is still painful. THe missing companion management is for me at the moment the biggest pain point.

veteran
veteran
This party management system is another dos2 leftover that since this game treats party members very differently (biggest example being that you can actually keep all of them throughout the game and you have a lot of them) so there should be a different system for managing them. I mean even games like old final fantasy games mange party members better

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."
apprentice
apprentice
Yes. Would like to see this.
It's odd that we have to talk to a party member to remove them... then talk to another to have them join.
We should have the simple drag and drop party selection. While in camp, drag someone in and someone out and that's it. The talking is pointless.

P
journeyman
journeyman
P
I want to change my party also while I'm exploring the world, without going to the camp.

journeyman
journeyman
+1 to being able to equip all the party members at Camp without having to change the active party members.

A
journeyman
journeyman
A
While I would benefit greatly from this change, I think we also need to be mindful of the impact it may have on performance.
The current party management system is probably also a way to optimize the way in which the game accesses follower inventory in the memory.
Suddenly retrieving the entire party's inventory on-demand might not be as smooth as the current implementation.
Just wanna make sure we got our expectations straight before such a change would go live and everyone's like "inventory loading slower after update".

M
stranger
stranger
M
+1 I still can't believe that this is not in the game. It is one of the main reasons why most of the times I don't give my compagnions items and keep most of the stuff on my main. Having a bloated overloaded inventory. Giving out scrolls, potions only before the risk of a battle like lunch tickets.

D
stranger
stranger
D
God... THIS...
Do you know how much time I waste managing inventory after a 4 hour stint? Yeah, I'm a packrat. I'm a looter. I'll sit in a new area and canvas it over 5 times looking for boxes and containers I might have missed.
At came, I got my bag of magic items, bag of potions, bag of clothing, bag of shinys, bag of scrolls, bag of oddball junk, bag of alchemical junk, bag of camp supplies, bag of books...

Do you know how long it takes to go over all my characters and manage it all without a "box-select"? Or weed out duplicates or make stacks without auto-stacking or sort by NAME? Or have to run around and drop/add characters just to find that thing I'm looking for that I forgot to remove from them before I swapped them out?

Typically... an HOUR. An hour of item management! It's crazy!

Here's an alternative suggestion...
Keep the system you have now... BUT... when you remove/add a character, all their inventory is transferred to the new character except their equipped items. No UI tweaks that way, but, that said, OP's suggestion is a far better, more comprehensive solution.

Additionally... Maybe, while in camp... have a quick-button to open the "Traveler's Chest" inventory... and allow the inventory grids to be resized horizontally as well as vertically. Add some "filter" options and a few more "sort" options (like name). Double-clicking a bag in a chest should ALWAYS OPEN it... NOT transfer it to your inventory.

F
stranger
stranger
F
+1

apprentice
apprentice
+1

+1

stranger
stranger
Patch 1 is out and this has not been added. Really hope this change has been saved for Patch 2. It’s a no-brainer change and there is literally 0 downside in doing this.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by UnkieD
Patch 1 is out and this has not been added. Really hope this change has been saved for Patch 2. It’s a no-brainer change and there is literally 0 downside in doing this.

Welp.

stranger
stranger
Yes please! Good post.

stranger
stranger
Please please PLEASE!

+1

V
stranger
stranger
V
Registered just to say +1 to this. The only critic I have to the game so far is this poor inventory management.

Dragon Age Origins for comparison is almost 15y and in camp you can do precisely this.

I want to keep enjoying the game and his story, not to face a micromanagement raidboss everytime I want to sort gear out.

Cheers.

A
stranger
stranger
A
Yes, please. This is such a good suggestion! It would save so much time, while managing the party gear and inventory.

O
stranger
stranger
O
Troublesome inventory management is the reason I’m sleeping more in these days.

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
They did it! They gave us party inventory management! Wooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

While at camp, you can now access and manage the inventories of companions who aren't in your active party.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard