V
V_Ben Offline OP
Ben_Larian
OP Offline
Ben_Larian
V
[Linked Image from cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com]

Hello everyone,

We’ve got another Hotfix for you, taking care of several crashes, blockers and visual bugs. We understand that Lae’zel is hard to please by nature, but it seems that she’s been more prone to tantrums since our previous Hotfix. We’ve explained party dynamics to her, which she didn’t really enjoy, but understands that she shouldn’t randomly stop following the player now.

Thank you for taking the time to report these issues to us, and thank you for playing Baldur’s Gate 3!

CRASHES & BLOCKERS

• Fixed an issue where Lae’zel would stop following the player after going to camp when loading a previous Patch 8 savegame in Hotfix 27
  • Fixed a Vulkan-specific crash that would occur during Bibberbang explosions
  • Fixed Swarm AI not jumping in cases where their jump end position is blocked by another swarm member
  • Fixed crashes that would potentially occur during large combat scenarios
  • Fixed crashes that would potentially occur in Multiplayer combat when the player hovers the cursor over items or certain characters
  • Fixed a crash that would potentially occur in Multiplayer when joining if the host was in character creation

VISUAL BUGS

• Fixed missing VFX in Plea at the Gates cinematic
  • Fixed camera in the cinematic relating to Connor’s resurrection
  • Fixed the antidote bottle clipping through the player’s mouth if playing as smaller races
  • Fixed the camera zooming out beyond normal limits when attacking in combat

B
apprentice
apprentice
B
Originally Posted by V_Ben
[Linked Image from cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com]

Hello everyone,

We’ve got another Hotfix for you, taking care of several crashes, blockers and visual bugs. We understand that Lae’zel is hard to please by nature, but it seems that she’s been more prone to tantrums since our previous Hotfix. We’ve explained party dynamics to her, which she didn’t really enjoy, but understands that she shouldn’t randomly stop following the player now.

Thank you for taking the time to report these issues to us, and thank you for playing Baldur’s Gate 3!

CRASHES & BLOCKERS

• Fixed an issue where Lae’zel would stop following the player after going to camp when loading a previous Patch 8 savegame in Hotfix 27
  • Fixed a Vulkan-specific crash that would occur during Bibberbang explosions
  • Fixed Swarm AI not jumping in cases where their jump end position is blocked by another swarm member
  • Fixed crashes that would potentially occur during large combat scenarios
  • Fixed crashes that would potentially occur in Multiplayer combat when the player hovers the cursor over items or certain characters
  • Fixed a crash that would potentially occur in Multiplayer when joining if the host was in character creation

VISUAL BUGS

• Fixed missing VFX in Plea at the Gates cinematic
  • Fixed camera in the cinematic relating to Connor’s resurrection
  • Fixed the antidote bottle clipping through the player’s mouth if playing as smaller races
  • Fixed the camera zooming out beyond normal limits when attacking in combat

Hey Ben, so I’m playing on Mac.

Since patch 8 I’ve not been able to save, so I’ve not been able to play.

Anytime I try to manually save the game freezes to the rainbow wheel of death. But the whole computer locks up. Then eventually restarts itself. Or I can do a hard reset. But I cannot force quit the game and keep using the computer etc.

I downloaded hotfix 28 hoping that would solve it but it has not.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game as well.

Is there a reason I seem to be alone on Mac here with this issue?

Would be real fun to play the patch…

S
old hand
old hand
S
Any news about this druid bug with wild shape AC? Is it fixed already? https://www.reddit.com/r/BaldursGate3/comments/w3oqyi/wildshapes_ac_and_opportunity_attacks_damage/

veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
Post patch, Astarion dont get "Happy" when drink from Redcap in the swamp ...
Not sure if he did before, but i would say he should have. O_o

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
veteran
veteran
Does he take damage from running water again or has that been permanently removed?

Luke Skywalker: I don't, I don't believe it.
Yoda: That is why you failed.
old hand
old hand
It was permanently removed and a dialogue added at camp when he explains it and ties to the tadpole.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Will there be a change in Code to optimize loading assets in the game.
Since Patch#8 many peopel with lower end Hardware have Freezes between 1-7 Seconds when game is loading in the backgorund while running around in the Gameenvironment aswell as in Dialog Cutscenes.

Theres people with even higher end Hardware having same freezes but shorter.
Somehow the CPU is bottlenecking. As people with diferent Graficcards lower then RTX cards and even people with RTX up to Nvidia 3080 are having freezes.

Best guess its CPU beeing overwhelmed with requests making game Freeze while CPU is calculating and we are waiting.

Longer freezes with highest Graficstttings and lower end CPU
Less Freezetime with the lower settings and when having a more up to Date CPU.

Hope there can be something done in code to have this Freezes gone in Patch#9 or even with a hotfix.

Personally i have no fun to be interruptet so often. Especially in highly populated areas as Druid Cove or Goblin Camp.
Beofre PAtch#8 FPS went down a lot in densly populated area but no freezes.
Now FPS is more stable but Freezes occur.

Might be Larian is testin new code to optimize and stabilize FPS?

B
apprentice
apprentice
B
SO, I still can't save my game without it crashing on my i9 Mac on Catalina , patch 8 hot fix 28.

I emailed Larian tech support and have not heard back.

Am I the only one still getting this?

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Ussnorway
Does he take damage from running water again or has that been permanently removed?

Never understood the red-foot thing when stepping through a puddle...;) I pointed this out in a much earlier build of the game--how that since you can see the water, and you can hear the water when you walk through it, there was no need to give them the "red-foot", too. If anything, it was an immersion distraction, for me. I had given up on them removing it--but now I see they have! Good! When we walk through water our feet only turn red if we've opened a wound thereabouts...;) Glad to see the game becoming more immersive and realistic as time goes on.

I'm never wrong about anything, and so if you see an error in any of my posts you will know immediately that I did not write it...;)

Link Copied to Clipboard