Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
W
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
W
I wanted to express my outmost thanks to larian for making it possible to play DOS 1 and 2 on PS4 on a TV and here is the reason why.

I recently been playing through DOS 2 with a friend who is disabled reader on my TV and the experience was really good.
Thanks to the dedication from larian to voice nearly all dialog it has made it possible for me to enjoy reading out loud the dialog choices
but not having to constantly have to read the dialog like i would had been doing if we played Pillars of Eternity or Baldurs Gate 1 and 2

it helps a lot that the person i plays with is incredible smart and remembers perhaps even better than me the plotlines and characters motives.
Sufficed to say its a big task for a non reader to take on to play a Roleplaying game.
The fact we were able to have such a good time on a big TV comfy couch setup thanks to Larians decision to port the game to console is amazing and we can't wait for DOS 1 to deliver a similar experience
because as far as i know only Original Sin 1 and 2 can deliver this experience. In this regard i also wants to mention it has been a lot of fun to play Early Access Baldurs Gate 3 multiplayer with the same person because it is possible for me to read out the dialog choices through discord. and being able to be overviewer of the conversations makes this possible so thanks for keep making it possible for disabled players like my friend with reading problems to be able to enioy your really fun games.

In short all of this was simple only possible thanks to larians dedication to amazing intuitive Gamepad controls and the way the game works on one screen with splitscreen or forced screen mode. very rarely had we issues during movement and decision making. it was all very intuitive
and the other point being fully voiced dialog beside the player characters. this made that experience possible.

I hope it was readable english is not my primary language, thanks for reading.

veteran
veteran
Glad to hear you two have a great time! It's heartwarming ☺️

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard