M
I open this post to discuss what we hope to include in patch 9

for my part I would like to get o following:

New Spells
ritual magic
New God Options
New Pet Options for the Beastmaster Subclass
New Sub Class

Last edited by mcm06041995; 12/09/22 03:15 PM.
veteran
veteran
In terms of improvements I'd like to see;

• Colors and lighting improved and fixed
  • Hair physics reintroduced
  • Tiefling tail animated
  • Bugs fixed
  • Certain encounters like Arka's properly made

In terms of additions;

• I'm curious to see how belts and cloaks will look and fit into the equipment slots
  • Would be nice if all outfits and armors seen on NPCs could be looted and equipped instead of just a handful currently in EA
  • More customization options are always nice (hair, makeup, tattoos)

Other than that I have nothing specific, so whatever is added will be a nice surprise. I mostly would just like fixes and improvements ^^

veteran
veteran
Revampt reactions
Limitations to what spells Wizards can learn

P
apprentice
apprentice
P
MONK

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Crimsomrider
* Colors and lighting improved and fixed
* Hair physics reintroduced
+1
I miss hair physics and dark hair so much! I want to whip my dark-green hair back-and-forth damn it 😝
I tried to have a character with brown hair and silver highlights once. Looked perfect in CC but, in game, Tav would look like she just had plain grey hair. Not the same vibe 👵

The lighting technicians seemingly sleeping on the job every now and then during certain cutscenes (especially during conversation with Astarion and Gale) is bit unprofessional 😅
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
"Now you see me, now you don't".
This difference a fraction of a second can make.

* Bugs fixed
+1
That's a given...I hope.

The bugs I found the most distracting this patch are the ones that happen during conversations :
- Tav's dialogue options are sometimes being replaced by a "Continue Scene".
- Random long pause when NPCs/companions talk.
- Random "angle" (or cut) to somewhere else entirely. See example here.

* Would be nice if all outfits and armors seen on NPCs could be looted and equipped instead of just a handful currently in EA
* More customization options are always nice (hair, makeup, tattoos)
+1
I would also love the options to add scars and to change the starting outfit (at least to have different color options?).

enthusiast
enthusiast
"I miss hair physics and dark hair so much! I want to whip my dark-green hair back-and-forth damn it 😝" :D:D

Hoping for more and continuing depth to the main and side quests. More dialogue options. Continuing the theme that this is a game aimed at adults. Pirates.

old hand
old hand
Arcane Archer
Blood Hunter
Echo Knight
Raven Knight
Artificier
Multiclassing
Party of 6

Just kidding! I would already be satisfied with a few minor and outstanding improvements:

https://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=100742&Number=813758#Post813758
Slings, Nets, Whips and Scythes
Heavy Armor
Customize armor color
Reaction spells
more elemental based spells especially water (Tidal Wave, Water Whip, Ice Knife, Storm Sphere)
Half-Orc

Last edited by Lotus Noctus; 12/09/22 08:35 PM.
veteran
veteran
So ... my tier list nobody asked for. laugh

1) Things i believe are basicaly ensured we get:
- New class (fingers crossed for Monk!)
- Some items (i would really love to have hand-wraps for unarmed combat!)
- Updated UI (especialy hotbar, on wich they, based on Swens speach, "are still working")
- Few spells
- Some updated dialogues (or previously missing)
- Lots and lots bugfixes
And thats it, that would be my boring most realistic prediction ...

2) Things i wouldnt like to see, but wont be surprised if we dong get:
- Both missing classes (i mean time 'til release IS geting short ...)
- Some missing subclasses
- Finished features (like fog of war, UI, reactions, character creation, etc.)
- Promissed features added (like rolled stats, custom party, multiclassing, etc.)
- Level 5 (or maybe even 6)
- Rework for allready existing magic items, spells, or features.

3) Things i dont genuinely believe we get, but would be cool as hell:
- New zone
- New race
- All missing spells
- All missing subclasses

4) And finaly my wildest dreams, that realisticly seems almost impossible:
- Proper comunication with us, telling us wich things are by now set in stone, and wich topics they are still willing to discuss in Larian.

I know, i am an incorrigible dreamer, but what can I do? O:)

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 12/09/22 08:26 PM.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
veteran
veteran
My wish list:
  • Halsin made a companion!🐻🐻🐻
  • Updated dialogue system: 1) Option to default to pc for dialogue that starts automatically and 2) SWTOR-style dialogue for multiplayer
  • Option to turn off dirt on face
  • Transmog
  • Option to turn off encumbrance

Last edited by Icelyn; 14/09/22 07:04 PM.
veteran
veteran
1. New armor/clothing options-- especially ability to loot things like Nere's robes, etc...,

2. Half-orc,

3. New area, like the githyanki creche along the mountain pass,

4. New subclasses for wizard and rogue,

5. Something like Hexblade for Wyll,

6. Level five.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Icelyn
My wish list:
  • Transmog

Oh yes, I hope they do add transmog eventually as there are so many wonderful looking outfits and armors in the game, but most of them are terribly useless compared to other ones.

For example the Bloodguzzler Garb. Love its look and would use it for my Barbarian, but hate its stats.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Icelyn
My wish list:
  • Updated dialogue system: 1) Option to default to pc for dialogue that starts automatically and 2) SWTOR-style dialogue for multiplayer
  • Option to turn off dirt on face
  • Transmorg

Yes to all of the above. Especially the dirt, it's annoying because it's simply unrealistic in 90% of cases we get mud all over our characters.

SWtoR style multiplayer dialogues would be a dream, but I don't hold my breath for this one frown

addict
addict
In terms of improvements I'd like to see;

[*]Would be nice if all outfits and armors seen on NPCs could be looted and equipped instead of just a handful currently in EA

+1 and seems like something that would be relatively easy to do.

L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
I would guess it is going to be:

1a. A new class. I am guessing Monk as they want to keep Paladin for release or closer to release given it is maybe the most anticipated class.
1b. A note on my guess... if it is Paladin, I bet we end up having a Paladin companion activated in the story that we can use.
1c. Another note on my guess... I think another possibility with release drawing near is maybe they do not give us a new class, but rather some new subclasses as to save some bigger things for full release.

2. More updates to cinematics, visuals and the UI. With release getting closer these are only going to get better.

3. More character creation options like hairstyles, body types, etc. This is another thing that makes sense to me closer to release.

4. Enabling the option to pick alternative, but close classes for companions. For instance you will be able to pick if Gale is a Wizard or Sorcerer.

veteran
veteran
Shove as an action
Reaction system
Better short rests
Better long rests
Proper spell list
Remove throwing potion
Fast travel rework (no more runes that makes no sense, just checkpoints on the worldmap)

It would mostly solve my biggest mechanical issues at this point.

Last edited by Maximuuus; 13/09/22 10:16 PM.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
D
apprentice
apprentice
D
Maybe the biggest thing (which won't happen) is to just know what to expect going forward (ie show your cards Larian, give us a road map and dates).

D
journeyman
journeyman
D
1. Opening up the old temple complex visible from the platform behind the "poison room" Nere was trapped in.

And yeah, with Misty Step spells and scrolls you can get your whole unto the little platform (first one will make little comment about the ruins below)... but even feather-falling down currently kills you.

And that area looks really, really interesting, simply aesthetically if not for all the possible quests and items (pixie dust, dark justiciar mystery reveal, etc) that may be there.

2. No longer requiring multiple long rests per one companion. If multiple companions (including animals or the three extra npc's) have special dialogue, make it *all* available at once during that rest.

3. Flavor: If your character is on friendly terms with the Zhents beneath Waukeen's Rest, make it possible to warn the Zhents at goblin camp about you attacking (with persuasion check or they warn the goblins) so they'll relocate to... say, their Underdark camp after you've killed the goblin camp bosses.

4. Make it possible for Laezel to succeed her deception check with the arrogant toadbat again? If wasn't for the ogre horn and my last living character running around alot, I would not have survived that fight. Makes fighting Nere and the entire duegar base feel easy.

5. Increase EA level cap to 5?

Last edited by Demothios; 14/09/22 01:15 PM.

"Tribe?"
F
addict
addict
F
1. One more character level
2. Heterochromia in character creation options, please... I'm so into heterochromia <3

#JusticeForKarlach

Petition to save Karlach: https://www.change.org/p/justice-for-karlach
enthusiast
enthusiast
I expect a class, but I'm hoping for two. Some new subclasses would be nice. Perhaps some new spells to go with them.

I'm hoping that the next patch will be the last one for EA and the game will come out sometime in Q2 of '23.

B
apprentice
apprentice
B
It would be great to just play the fucking game in patch 9?

As far as my suped up 2019 MacBook Pro goes, I still could not save the game in patch 8 without crashing.

So I've ever got to do a bard run yet, which is one of my favorite classes in table top.

They said they fixed it with hot fix 29 but that def did NOT fix it on my end.

save = crash

every time for me.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard