Next Thread
Print Thread
Salo Offline OP
Community Manager
OP Offline
Community Manager
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Hello everyone,

We’ve got another hotfix for you today, handling a few crashes and blockers you’ve been reporting to us. Not every party gets along smoothly, but we’ve been told that companions at camp were giving you the cold shoulder after rescuing Halsin. We guess they’re just not fans of bears, but they should be a lot chattier now after some team building.

As ever, thank you for playing Baldur’s Gate 3 and taking the time to report these issues to us.

CRASHES & BLOCKERS

• Fixed a crash that would occur randomly when running the game on the Vulkan API in combination with an NVIDIA card.
  • Fixed a crash that would occur when opening in-game windows like the Examine and Inventory panels when running the game on an NVIDIA card with DLSS enabled.
  • You can now initiate dialogue with companions at camp after rescuing Halsin.
  • Fixed the VFX crashing the game when shapeshifting (e.g. via Transform or Wild Shape).
  • Fixed the sharp drops in FPS and the subsequent crash if your character dies while wearing the Helmet of Grit and the Gloves of Fire Resistance.
  • Fixed a crash that would occur when saving after using a Scroll of Goodberry.
  • Fixed potential freezes and GPU lockups for Mac users on AMD machines when clicking the ‘New Save’ button.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Salo
[*] Fixed the sharp drops in FPS and the subsequent crash if your character dies while wearing the Helmet of Grit and the Gloves of Fire Resistance.

No way. You're telling me someone somewhere actually chose the Gloves of Fire Resistance?

enthusiast
enthusiast
Thank you, Team Larian!!

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by JandK
You're telling me someone somewhere actually chose the Gloves of Fire Resistance?
Just for the purpose of testing i presume. laugh

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
B
apprentice
apprentice
B
So ever since patch 8 came out for mac (playing on suped up intel macbook, not m1) I still cannot new save without completely crashing my laptop. It only excepts hard restarts too, I cannot force quit the game or do anything. They said they fixed this twice, and in hotfix 29 its mentioned as potentially being fixed...but it still happens to me. Every time.

This is so frusterating, I have not been able to play the bard at all and I hope this can get resolved soon? Is anyone else still having this problem?

Where's patch 9?

STILL WAITING FOR NEW COMPANION AND CUSTOM PARTY WITHOUT MULTIPLAYER.
BECAUSE WHY FUCKING NOT???
J
apprentice
apprentice
J
Game is slightly different which I guess is good? My toon talks to much for one. The turn-based mecs are worse than before. Like I can only move but not cast a spell? The little brian that follows you around the ships is useless. I have played up to the battle at the Druid fort entrance so far with this new download. Before that I just stopped playing for about a few weeks. Back now, but not sure I will keep playing if the mecs do not get fixed to work more fluidly and work?

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Just me LOL
Game is slightly different which I guess is good? My toon talks to much for one. The turn-based mecs are worse than before. Like I can only move but not cast a spell? The little brian that follows you around the ships is useless. I have played up to the battle at the Druid fort entrance so far with this new download. Before that I just stopped playing for about a few weeks. Back now, but not sure I will keep playing if the mecs do not get fixed to work more fluidly and work?

Your toon talks too much because there is now a default setting that you can adjust to your liking. Go to settings. Adjust the frequency of your character talking to Never or close to never. Then they won't talk so much.

I'm not sure why you are saying you can't move and cast spells. Any spellcaster in BG3 should be able to move and cast a spell. Maybe you are using the Dash Action too much. You can only do 1 Action per turn - either a spell or attack with weapon or Dash, etc. To be clear, moving is free up to 30 feet (about 8 meters). After that, if you use Dash Action, you can go up to 60 feet (16ish meters). You don't need to hit an Action button to move. Just move for free. Then you can use your Action for something else.
Also, you can't attack with weapon and cast spell and Dash all in 1 turn. Just 1 Action. Either you use your weapon or a spell. That's D&D 5e rules which BG3 is using D&D 5e rules.

Not sure why Us, the brain, is useless to you. He's actually a very powerful minion in the prologue. Maybe you aren't bringing him into battles? Or maybe you are using Dash instead of attacking?

I don't know. I don't want to sound harsh, but it really sounds like you are just not understanding the rules of the game. You might need to read the Tooltips more. If you are expecting DOS 2 combat, this is not DOS 2 combat. You don't get like 6 action points to spend. You get only 1. You then also only get 1 Bonus action to do only select things.

My point is, I don't think there is too much wrong with the mecs. It sounds more like a user error - maybe just not understanding the rules of the game. Either that or there is definitely something wrong with your download.

Last edited by GM4Him; 23/09/22 06:54 AM.

Link Copied to Clipboard