Next Thread
Print Thread
W
wooby Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
W
or any thing else from larian studios. Tired of playing act one, after finding out you all have had act 2 and act 3 completed and have not released it for.. whatever reason, im done with this game, and im warning everyone else not to buy it .

addict
addict
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

veteran
veteran
I love that you need to warn everyone not to buy the game, when it's exactly what the developers say to everyone thinking about buying Early Access of the game.

Originally Posted by Baldur's Gate 3 Team
Only buy the game now if you’d like an early look, or if you want to participate in community feedback ahead of the full launch. Otherwise, we suggest you wait until version 1.0 releases – that way, you’ll be able to enjoy the full story of Baldur’s Gate 3 along with all of the playable classes, races, skills and spells that will be included in the full game – and you’ll get less of the bugs.”

I think you should post this on the Steam forums too. It always gives a good chuckle and at least you get a few Clown awards by doing so ^^

old hand
old hand
Early smackcess.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by wooby
or any thing else from larian studios. Tired of playing act one, after finding out you all have had act 2 and act 3 completed and have not released it for.. whatever reason, im done with this game, and im warning everyone else not to buy it .

EA was always Act 1 only. Only you can be responsible for comprehension and reaction. Bye.

S
old hand
old hand
S
Steam forums leaking again...

old hand
old hand
Frustration is completely normal. My updated Steam rating is also negative, as the disadvantages simply outweigh the advantages. Conclusion: In summary, a trial purchased for 60 € for a long-lived (no end in sight) EA that has a lot of potential, but is only nice to look at because most of the potential has been invested in the graphics so far.... It's cheaper to follow the development progress of BG 3 through streamers.

But you also have to be fair and realistic to a certain extent. The full game (with regards to future subclasses etc) won't really run smoothly for another 2-3 years. Surely there will be many bugs discovered at launch that will need to be fixed over the course of the year, etc. The game will probably only be available for PC as the main platform for now. More subclasses will come with addons or the like (so you can't play with your favorite classes from the start). Of the core elements, two basic classes are still missing, the multiclass system and the revamped reaction system.

If there was no competition between the upcoming games to "postpone / delay" and "wait for a release date", I would say play something else in the meantime. But what the heck... Promising titles have been a long time coming (....) Hogwarts Legacy was supposed to come out for Christmas and got delayed (Shoot! That was my backup plan...). Dragon Age Dreadwolf has been a long time coming.... Jagged Alliance 3 has only recently been hyped ... Diablo 4? No idea when or if I even want it, since they burned their fingers with Diablo Immortal and got hacked en masse with their crappy battle.net when Diablo 3 came out.... (So much incompetence still annoys me today. Since then I've been following Blizzard exclusively through the media).

With the current state of "game forges" I'm starting to get a slightly paranoid feeling that game developers will think we lost if we release first. xDD

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Lotus Noctus
Diablo 4? No idea when or if I even want it, since they burned their fingers with Diablo Immortal and got hacked en masse with their crappy battle.net when Diablo 3 came out....
I would be weary of Diablo4. All the news that come out about Overwatch2 look very bad. D4 is supposed to not be free2pay, but with it being a live service, and potentially available through GamePass I would worry what monetisation they will come up with.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Wormerine
Originally Posted by Lotus Noctus
Diablo 4? No idea when or if I even want it, since they burned their fingers with Diablo Immortal and got hacked en masse with their crappy battle.net when Diablo 3 came out....
I would be weary of Diablo4. All the news that come out about Overwatch2 look very bad. D4 is supposed to not be free2pay, but with it being a live service, and potentially available through GamePass I would worry what monetisation they will come up with.

D4 with a battle pass means I'm out, I can't play games with battle passes, they kill all enjoyment for me.

old hand
old hand
True words. Both of you. I really loved Magic Legends with the Dimir Assassin, but they screwed up... because of a Battle Pass. Well at least you could get your money back.

Last edited by Lotus Noctus; 16/09/22 03:17 PM.
A
enthusiast
enthusiast
A
Cool story bro. Don’t try to tell me you got no tier games to play while you wait. Besides it says so both on GOG and steam that only act 1 will be in early access. Is that a good thing? No big time no, we all want more content. It’s almost 2023, only a few months left

veteran
veteran
Here I'll use this thread to float a random idea...

On the Nautiloid, what if we could use speak with animals to talk to a pigeon (since they're flying around the bell tower right? maybe one got lost in the fray) and he says something super useful like
"Well i no longer want to play this game..." and then just flies off! Like a puzzle with no solution! heheh

Sorry, I do feel the pain sometimes too, but you know, that'd be my thought on that one

Gonna cry?

STILL WAITING FOR NEW COMPANION AND CUSTOM PARTY WITHOUT MULTIPLAYER.
BECAUSE WHY FUCKING NOT???
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Street Hero
Gonna cry?

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard