Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hey Larian.

I love what you have done with BG3 so far, but i have more saves games, as i am playing 3 games at a time.
I have 2 solo play with different main classes, and i have a Multiplayer game that i play with a friend of mine.

But it is a mess to find the right save game,
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

So my suggestion is that they get organised like in Pathfinder, under a character name, and if you click the name, the list expands (see provided screenshot)
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

veteran
veteran
I've been making a new user profile for every character, but this way of doing it would be much better

veteran
veteran
For real though! This is so necessary!

Not only is it hard tell what's what from the savegame filenames in BG3, but the visual screenshot we see is so small it's impossible to tell what's going on.

I'm pretty sure this was one of the very first feedback suggestions/requests for BG3, on the very first day of EA, even if it got buried under the avalanche of other suggestions. It's insane that this still hasn't been addressed after all this time. I'll repeat what I said back then...

We should be able to see the saves organized by Single Player and Multiplayer sessions and who's in the party (headshots/portraits.)

We should also be able to see some kind of preview detail of the character sheet as well. You know so we can tell the difference between two Tavs that look very similar, or two gamesaves which have similar party comps, or are in similar locations, or saved during similar timeframes. If we could see a glimpse of the char sheet, or group inventory screens, it would be much easier to tell saves apart.

Finally we should be able to Import/Export characters and saves from one session to another, and have a screen for that too. You know where you can see the current XP and such. For an MP session the player should be able to see if their character can be Imported with all their enchanted gear (or not, which should provide for regular/standard starting equipment) as well as allowing the Character to up-level or down-level to fit the MP party session.

Profiles should be for Players not their Player Characters. They should quickly pull up information about game settings and controls or keybinds and the like, not as a workaround for organizing individual savegames. BG3 should do that for us, so we don't have to scroll through hundreds of entries like this.

Last edited by Black_Elk; 19/09/22 12:11 AM.
M
stranger
stranger
M
Nice quality of life suggestion

veteran
veteran
+1 That would be a nice feature.

A
enthusiast
enthusiast
A
100% I find it confusing how the saves work in game. I often end up lost and accidentally deleting a save then realizing I need to redo hours of work as I have a lot of saves for testing purposes.

veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
Would love that aswell. +1

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown

Link Copied to Clipboard