Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
The narrator talks in a whisper and sometimes it's hard to hear. Is it possible to give this NPC their own sound option in audio?

Many times, I turn up the volume to hear the narrator. Then when other NPCs talk, it’s like they calmy shout in my room. It can make the gaming experience rather unpleasant.

veteran
veteran
Huh. I don't remember ever encountering anything resembling such issue. Are you sure, that for example, you don't have some surround system turned on without an ability to support it (I don't know if that's a thing for BG3, but it happened to me in the past).

addict
addict
I don't understand why they removed that option in the first place. Yes, it was there in the first iterations of the EA. As shown by...whatever youtuber who's name I can't recall :P

Is maybe this atleast something our CM can give an answer on? I'm not asking if it will stay removed, just why a reasonable function, used for accessibility and not affecting gameplay, that doesn't detriment the entertainment for anyone who doesn't use it, was removed in later patches?

veteran
veteran
I've never noticed a difference in the sound level between the narrator and NPCs.

T
enthusiast
enthusiast
T
I've never noticed an issue with the sound either, but I don't see why this shouldn't be an option.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Topgoon
I've never noticed an issue with the sound either, but I don't see why this shouldn't be an option.

+1

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Amet Ipsum
The narrator talks in a whisper and sometimes it's hard to hear. Is it possible to give this NPC their own sound option in audio?

Many times, I turn up the volume to hear the narrator. Then when other NPCs talk, it’s like they calmy shout in my room. It can make the gaming experience rather unpleasant.

If the center channel (voices from narrator and some voices in dialogue) is hard to hear, some of Larian's games (including BG3) has a semi-known issue under some headset to software configurations in regards to virtual surround sound. If you're using a headset with virtual 7.1 surround sound or similar features, try disabling it. Or right click the sound icon in Windows and try setting spatial sounds to off if it isn't already.

Other than that, yes it'd be very nice with extended audio settings.

veteran
veteran
Never have the same problem ...
But i know that few people were complaining that they would like to mute Narator, for various reasons ... this seems like good way to do it.

+1

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
addict
addict
Originally Posted by The Composer

If the center channel (voices from narrator and some voices in dialogue) is hard to hear, some of Larian's games (including BG3) has a semi-known issue under some headset to software configurations in regards to virtual surround sound. If you're using a headset with virtual 7.1 surround sound or similar features, try disabling it. Or right click the sound icon in Windows and try setting spatial sounds to off if it isn't already.

+1

I have experienced this on occasion since Patch 8. Tks!

A
enthusiast
enthusiast
A
Never had this issue, albeit i only use speakers. I highly recommend you drop the 300$ and buy a proper speaker set. Do not even need 7:1. Gaming in a headset is a chore, and a generally awful experience- even more so if you plan to do any form of streaming. If volume is quite make it louder, or vise versa.

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Originally Posted by The Composer

I actually tried this suggestion. It helped out a lot. Thank you for the help.

Link Copied to Clipboard