Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#830363 23/09/22 10:10 PM
JandK Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
It's possible to meet a scared boar by Astarion. I'd like it if we could talk that boar into going to the grove so Tusk can have a mate. I feel like that part of the story doesn't get resolved.

old hand
old hand
a ship fell out of the sky and a vampire popped out of it to hunt him... can't think why he would be scared but i'm sure you can talk him into coming to live with that same vampire if you smile pretty wink

Luke Skywalker: I don't, I don't believe it.
Yoda: That is why you failed.
veteran
veteran
Why can’t I mate Tusk? #tuskromance

veteran
veteran
5) [Druid][Wildshape] "Well if it's that important to you..."

veteran
veteran
I have a suspicion that the boar you can find later, exsanguinated, is the same one.

JandK Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by Sozz
I have a suspicion that the boar you can find later, exsanguinated, is the same one.

Nah, you can kill the scared boar when you first meet it and get camp supplies from it. Then still come across the drained boar later.

veteran
veteran
I think what Sozz meant was that the boar that Astarion is near at the start may thematically be the same one you find later; it's in the area, and you can't get the second event without having witnessed the first, due to them both being Astarion events.

veteran
veteran
I'm sure if you kill the scared boar then you'll find Biff the Understudy in a boar costume later.

Last edited by Sozz; 24/09/22 05:04 PM.
JandK Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
I'm sure if you kill the scared boar then you'll find Biff the Understudy in a boar costume later.

I'm starting to get the feeling that you just don't want Tusk to have a mate.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by JandK
It's possible to meet a scared boar by Astarion. I'd like it if we could talk that boar into going to the grove so Tusk can have a mate. I feel like that part of the story doesn't get resolved.
+1
I wouldn't be surprised if this type of seemingly unfinished/unresolved storylines (like this one, the "evil" paths and Arka's fate) are related to the game being in EA. I think it's a good thing to point them out anyway...just in case 😛

Originally Posted by Niara

Oh no! Not the horny druid! Stealing the bard's job!

You might be right, but let the romantics dream a little \o/

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by MelivySilverRoot
Originally Posted by Niara

Oh no! Not the horny druid! Stealing the bard's job!

Well, I mean, they don't *have* to restrict the suggestion to Druids, I guess ^.^ After all, they've already got foot-licking and scat-play in the game in glorified focus; compared to those a consensual suggestion is relatively tame, and Harkness gets much easier when the beasts can communicate with clear sapience...

A
enthusiast
enthusiast
A
I always thought all the animals at the grove where Druids’? So is tusk just an animal then? My interpretation may be wrong. I was hoping that I may be able to cast detect magic or ‘revert state’ on tusk to force his back into human form.

The above would have a requirement of revert state spell being in game, and be usable on druids to force them into human form. Would be neat regardless, even if it’s not related to tusk the boar.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by AusarViled
I always thought all the animals at the grove where Druids’?
No, I am pretty sure (most?) animals there are just animals. The exceptions are rats, of course, if you followed that story path.

addict
addict
Amusingly in my first playthrough when I spoke to Tusk I immediately went out looking for that scared boar thinking I could persuade it to come to the Grove and meet him.

Come on Larian, let me be the boar's wingman!

Link Copied to Clipboard