Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
addict
addict
Originally Posted by gaymer
Or to lay a Moonbeam that is supposed to hit multiple and it hits no one. Also, isn't Moonbeam not supposed to deal damage initially when it's placed but starting on the opponents turn?

Moonbeam should deal damage on the opponent's turn. That's how the spell works in PnP at least

veteran
veteran
I think it's worth repeating that the AoE fire arrow / bomb / acid spit spam from enemies really messes up a lot of spells. In addition to just being generally really annoying when it's everywhere, constantly.

I've stopped using Concentration spells almost completely. You're just constantly rolling for concentration and usually these spells end before they do anything. The fact that Prone also (incorrectly) cancels Concentration is the final nail in the coffin. And the fact that enemies tend to jump directly to your spellcasters and tanks are unable to actually threaten them properly.

Because of the fire spam spells like Web and Grease also can't do their job. Every time I try these spells for crowd control fire appears and burns them away.

Can we cut back on the AoE spam and fix the Prone condition please?

V
journeyman
journeyman
V
Chromatic Orb is still not fixed with its reduced damage and forced surfaces. I even watched a case when using Chromatic Orb accidentally killed Findal (wounded druid in the underground passage) because of created surface, that was hilarious.

Larian, please give a toggle for Chromatic Orb that lets people pick between additional d8 of damage and current surface creation. This way, people who like either way of its implementation should be satisfied, as they can pick the preferred version.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Volsalex
Larian, please give a toggle for Chromatic Orb that lets people pick between additional d8 of damage and current surface creation. This way, people who like either way of its implementation should be satisfied, as they can pick the preferred version.

+1 Seems like a very elegant solution to me.

D
journeyman
journeyman
D
Is create water really meant to cause "electrified steam" every time it is cast on fiery surfaces? I can't say I've experienced many local lightning clouds whenever I've thrown water on an open flame...

"Tribe?"
veteran
veteran
Nope ... just steam.
Youl have to electrify it later ...

Question tho: Was anyone inside that fire/rain? And if so ... what artefacts they were wearing?

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 08/09/22 06:28 AM.

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
D
journeyman
journeyman
D
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Nope ... just steam.
Youl have to electrify it later ...

Question tho: Was anyone inside that fire/rain? And if so ... what artefacts they were wearing?

Got electrocuted as I moved party across the fire to the left of the burning inn. Created a water surface, moved Shadowheart (wearing her standard mail) myself (sorc) , Gale and Wyll across. All got electrocuted. No character was wearing anything that should auto-electrify water surfaces. Hasn't only happened once, though. Has happened in multiple playthroughs.

"Tribe?"
veteran
veteran
Then it indeed sounds like bug

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 09/09/22 07:11 AM.

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
addict
addict
Lots of spells have limited use most of the time is due to concentration or at best have tiny edge case use due to minimal effects.

Compared to their counterparts that do not need it they sux. All i suggests is look at EA data that's why we share it... Look what spells are gathering dust and tweak those so we can use them more, last rebalancing pass if you will.

Would be nice to see that data as well, just like data for Gales death was shared. not sure why that sharing was stoped.

Last edited by Lastman; 27/09/22 02:35 PM.
veteran
veteran
You know how story items have an orange border?

I think concentration spells should have some sort of identifying feature that's quick an easy to see like that. I've noticed that it's easy to accidentally cast something like Shield of Faith after casting a Bless, accidentally replacing one concentration spell with another.

It might help if all the concentration spells stand out in some way.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by JandK
Good point!

It goes double for items and scrolls that cast concentration spells, because their description has the name of the spell, but not all the relevant characteristics.

Even if the tooltips always linked correctly to the relevant spells’ tooltips, its not very user friendly for information that can prevent feel bad moments.

Larian, please make accessibility a priority for upcoming patches.
addict
addict
Originally Posted by JandK
You know how story items have an orange border?

I think concentration spells should have some sort of identifying feature that's quick an easy to see like that. I've noticed that it's easy to accidentally cast something like Shield of Faith after casting a Bless, accidentally replacing one concentration spell with another.

+1

Would like to see the same for jumps that will incur HP loss, in some areas it's easy to accidently jump too far.

addict
addict
Sorry if this has already been discussed but was just made aware that surface areas override each other. Yes, I'm ashamed of not discovering this myself earlier but since I really hate those pools of electrified water, ice, fire, acid etc I tend to not create them. But this also effect crowd control spells like Grease and Web. You can't have both up at the same place. And God forbid that your opponent spills some blood on it because *poof* the surface is gone.

I guess the override function was coded so that you could put out fires with create water but still...

addict
addict
Originally Posted by PrivateRaccoon
Sorry if this has already been discussed but was just made aware that surface areas override each other. Yes, I'm ashamed of not discovering this myself earlier but since I really hate those pools of electrified water, ice, fire, acid etc I tend to not create them. But this also effect crowd control spells like Grease and Web. You can't have both up at the same place. And God forbid that your opponent spills some blood on it because *poof* the surface is gone.

I guess the override function was coded so that you could put out fires with create water but still...

I think it was mentioned before but it doesn't hurt to do a "booster shot" every now and then.

I agree that the override of surfaces is a bit weird.
Some make sense (water putting off fire or cleaning blood), others not so much.
For instance, "aerial AOEs" (like fog) remove "ground AOEs" (like web). Not ideal.

Last edited by MelivySilverRoot; 21/10/22 09:45 AM. Reason: Typos...seriously, I must I've been uber tired when writing this
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by FuryouMiko
Originally Posted by Niara
True Strike: The extra duration improves this originally difficult to use cantrip. Thumbs up!

True Strike is bad. No two ways about it. Even being able to hold it for a turn before discharging it does not fix the fact that you are choosing to spend one action to improve a second action by a lesser amount than simply taking the action twice would.

Example: You have a 65% chance to hit. With True Strike this increases to a 100% chance to hit. Not sure the actual number.

Or you could attack twice at 65% chance to hit. This gives you a +65% chance of damaging your target (compared to True Strike's +45%). The only possible use for True Strike is if for whatever reason you can't get line of sight to the target this turn, but will be able to next turn. This is so insanely situational that you're better off picking up a second damage cantrip because you're more likely to run into an enemy that resists fire than you are a battlefield that offers 100% concealment across a whole 30 ft move.

Honestly the fix for true strike I want is just make it a guaranteed hit.
You would still sacrifice your turn, which is quite a high cost, and would only situationally be useful against targets with very high AC, but would at least be interesting there.

So basically:
Spend one turn preparing, with concentration, if you loose concentration, you loose the effect. Then, in the next round, you can attack normally, but your FIRST attack (with extra attack, and bonus action attacks) has a 100% hit chance

L
addict
addict
L
I thought similar for truestrike , give +20 to hit for your next attack. Useful for targets with very high ac.

Z
journeyman
journeyman
Z
Anyone tried the Fly spell yet? Can we actually go up into the air to stay out of melee reach like a flying character would want to do, or does it just give movement unhindered by terrain?

Niara Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
No you cannot, Zero: Fly is just a fancy jump, and you are 100% on the ground at all times.

B
enthusiast
enthusiast
B
Originally Posted by Niara
No you cannot, Zero: Fly is just a fancy jump, and you are 100% on the ground at all times.

That is very disappointing, so not like Solasta fly then smirk That had some issues, but was such a great addition to a D&D game....

S
stranger
stranger
S
Sorry but I think your math is off. 65% from first attack and 65% from second attack makes afaik (0,65+0,35*0,65*)100=87,75% hitting with at least one attack.

Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard