Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
addict
addict
Would be nice to have some time to play around with Level 5 before full release. Not optimistic though.

1) Paladin

2) Plate armor

3) Multiclass

4) Missing subclasses

5) Hexblade

6) Hexblade

7) Hexblade

etc :P

S
old hand
old hand
S
I want both half-orc and dragonborn as they will probably attempt a cosplay of them during the panel from hell grin

old hand
old hand
A proper reaction system

Shove fixed to 5 ft and made an action

Single player game to be able to pause the entire world

Expandable hotbar, need more spaces

The ability to pan the camera up and down

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Baronvonheadless
save = crash

every time for me.
Question is: What you did before?

Comunity figured out that certain actions corrupt your game so it crash when you save ...
Example of such action is Goodberry ... if you try to learn it, cast it, or eat it ... next time you save it will crash no matter what.
Hope that helps.

Originally Posted by Zarna
<3 <3 <3

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 19/10/22 06:28 AM.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
Fix the god damn hotkey in the bar and Dual-wielding non light weapon for fuck sake...

STILL WAITING FOR NEW COMPANION AND CUSTOM PARTY WITHOUT MULTIPLAYER.
BECAUSE WHY FUCKING NOT???
enthusiast
enthusiast
I hope for a new class and hope for paladin.
I hope they fix the lighting problem.
I expect a release date.

And that's about it. No other hopes or expectations. At this point I just want to be done with the patches and experience the full game frown

Last edited by Vitani; 19/10/22 10:09 AM.
H
apprentice
apprentice
H
Give me a UI that I can resize (as in Make the Mini Map Mini again), including all the portraits etc.
Stop all the exaggerated audio- and visual effects, so I don't feel I'm playing a Disney cartoon anymore.
Extra content would be nice, but for that I can wait for the full release.

addict
addict
Combat revamp.

Two of the three main combat ressources have been significantly changed (bonus actions and reactions) from the source rules. The changes make combat cumbersome (selecting reactions) and repetitive (selecting bonus actions). I hope this gets changed.

Swen said in DoS2's post mortem that early access players saw the problem with combat and he wished Larian had addressed their concerns. Concerns about BG3's combat have existed from day 1. Let's hope Larian learn from their well documented mistakes.

Larian, please make accessibility a priority for upcoming patches.
L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
My personal preference at this point would be that they stop patching content and save everything for the release of the game. I think it would just 'hit harder' if there is a massive content dump at launch rather than it continuing to trickle in.

As for what I think will be announced at the next PFH though.

1. A new class OR tacking on some subclasses instead to start to save some content for launch.
2. If it is just subclasses then maybe a new companion in order to address player disappointment.
3. More visual updates, polish, UI upgrades, QoL stuff, etc.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Lake Plisko
think it would just 'hit harder' if there is a massive content dump at launch rather than it continuing to trickle in.
I am confident that will be the case. They have been holding stuff off till 1.0 in the past, and they are bound to pull the same trick again.

stranger
stranger
I am really hoping for the Paladin and maybe some expansion to the the Clerics/Priests so there are more Deities and Domains of Clerical/Priestly magic to choose from.

Plate Armour would be great if it comes with the Paladin to put in it.

I would love to see some crafting become available beyong the Masterwork Weapon and single potion brewing in the Druids Grove.

Some magic belts and gloves would be nice, if nothing else, they would fill the empty spaces on the inventory.

old hand
old hand
Reactioooooons!!!

T
Banned
Banned
T
Paladin class. Hopefully multiclass possibility. More subclasses for classes and more domains for Cleric. Well if multiclass will not be in BG3 then please tell that information.

Last edited by Terminator2020; 22/10/22 11:46 AM.
W
stranger
stranger
W
The spells Spirit Guardians and Spiritual Weapon so I can play a Cleric the way I’d like to!

Last edited by Willeric; 24/10/22 11:44 PM.
G
addict
addict
G
Originally Posted by Willeric
The spells Spirit Guardians and Spiritual Weapon so I can play a Cleric the way I’d like to!

Spiritual Weapon had some patch notes in Patch 8, but then they removed it from the changelog. I don't know why they haven't implemented it yet to the public if it's in the files.

D
apprentice
apprentice
D
I just wish the communication blackout was over and they published a detailed Roadmap.

B
apprentice
apprentice
B
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Originally Posted by Baronvonheadless
save = crash

every time for me.
Question is: What you did before?

Comunity figured out that certain actions corrupt your game so it crash when you save ...
Example of such action is Goodberry ... if you try to learn it, cast it, or eat it ... next time you save it will crash no matter what.
Hope that helps.

Originally Posted by Zarna
<3 <3 <3

Thank you for at least replying! I have made comments about this on every forum and multiple threads, and including filled a support ticket with Larian that never got answered lmao!

So I'm talking I can't save past the first battle with lazeal on the nautiloid. Or maybe save at all. It auto saves when you are first on the nautiloid and at certain scenes right?

So my issue with patch 8, even after re-installing the game is that if I try to manually save it crashes, no matter what or when. And extremely early. Right off the bat. It seems to only accept auto saves for whatever reason.

L
addict
addict
L
Patch 9 paladin, some new items, some bug fixes Nov 2022

Q1 2023 Monk, some new items, some bug fixes.

Q2 2023 1.0 to get lvl 5+, reactions, missing subclasses, extra companions, more bug fixes, multiclassing, finish act1 and act 2+

Possibility we get say reactions to test just before 1.0

K
journeyman
journeyman
K
Saw this posted in the Steam discussion forum. Any thoughts? It looks legit,

https://steamdb.info/app/1086940/history/

Added patch9 timeupdated: 31 October 2022 – 01:26:48 UTC (1667179608)
Added patch9 pwdrequired: 1
Added patch9 description: EA Patch 9
Added patch9 buildid: 9833764
Added patch9 Depot 1086941 encrypted_size_2: 316F86A42C9FA6850DAD5226B3D007C5

Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard