Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#579967 05/03/16 10:54 AM
Aenra Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
As per tile, just wondering smile

Personally.. love them in 'theory', but practice-wise? Suffice it to say i haven't felt invested in one since the days of Vanguard. Personal favourites would be VGSoH as mentioned, early EQ2 (before WoWification), SWG prominently (no, not swtor) and pre-mounted combat Lotro, albeit with reservations.

After years and years of ..fuck all really.. i can at least now say i have titles to look forward to! smile
Namely three: Project Gorgon, Pantheon Rise of the Fallen and maaaaybe Shroud of the Avatar (too much RMT, too many ego-centric whales needing games of all things to feel better about themselves)

How about you? smile

Pride, honour and purity
stranger
stranger
Daoc (2001 to 2004) Dark age of camelot (now free)
Between 2004 and 2008
Lotro
Conan
Champions online ( still log in to collect monthly vip tokens)
Warhammer online followed guild from doac / europe dragonlegion
Starwars old republic (was in fazes choosing what ammo to pick)
Started with steam and kongregate games

Wow after wathammee online 2006 (tbc ) till 2019? (8.1 patch pre dark empire pre corruption gear mess) left was bored maybe return to shadowlands

D
A
veteran
veteran
A
I'm currently (again) active in DDO, was a long-time player of SWTOR.

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
veteran
veteran
I'm not normally into MMOs, but I love playing Star Wars - The Old Republic.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
A
veteran
veteran
A
The factions and the "eternal war" setting drove me away from that.
Apart from that, I loved SWTOR for a long time.

--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
old hand
old hand
City of Heroes was my first and stopped before City of Villians showed up
World of Warcraft since vanilla, pick up each expansion and play a bit - still have my vanilla toon also Gnome mut rogue elixir master
Starwars the Old Republic - Rattataki Inquisitor
Guildwars 2 - tree lady Mesmer
Elderscrolls online - Khajiit nightblade
Final Fantasy 14 - Roegadyn Monk

Besides those I've dabbled in hundreds of freebe mmos tried ddo, champions, startrek, and a bunch of others. They generally don't hold my attention like they used to.

Cleric of Innuendo
Cleric of Innuendo
I've played GW2, DDO, LOTRO extensively and dipped into several more. I spent a lot of time and energy playing Black Desert Online (BDO) for quite a few years. Not been on recently, but I have invested too much time (and quite a bit of cash in the 'Buy New Outfits' or 'Decorate Your Home' shops) to abandon them completely.

S
addict
addict
S
Played a ton of WoW and City of Heroes (even the new server that’s up now). Played a bunch of others but not for long.

None have captured my interest since WoW and CoH. I RPed a lot and really that’s what kept me in those games. MMOs are in a rut. Someone needs to come up with a better system. The usual WoW like grind and leveling is old and not very interesting.

afa Offline
stranger
stranger
For some reason i cannot get into most of mmos or even rpgs in general, opening up the skill tree and seeing hundereds of skills and traits and which one to choose just confuses the hell out of me. Having said that I really liked playing Lord of the Rings Online, mostly because its the only mmo you can re-live the middle-earth experience. The visuals really shows its age but i liked the gameplay a lot, and the community is extremely friendly too, at least the ones i have encountered.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Sadurian
I've played GW2, DDO, LOTRO extensively and dipped into several more. I spent a lot of time and energy playing Black Desert Online (BDO) for quite a few years. Not been on recently, but I have invested too much time (and quite a bit of cash in the 'Buy New Outfits' or 'Decorate Your Home' shops) to abandon them completely.

Ya, forgot about BDO, did play that game for several years also. There crafting system is pretty amazing, along with the node gathering system.

A few additional ones I forgot about was Wildstar, Blade & Soul, and Warhammer Online.

T
Banned
Banned
T
World of Warcraft MMO tried when was open BETA but problem I had old desktop computer so postoned playing it.

Neverwinter Nights 1 persistent servers but they were not good due to bad system GM and administrators I give this expereince
vote 5/10.

When I had eventually new computer after WOW BETA tried actually this with my brother:
Well here is my history of MMO:S
Age of CONAN MMO
+ Nudity women very rarely you could see boobs from women super rarely.
+ Brutal
+ Interesting PvP and PvE
+ Ok graphics and music.
- bugs at released.
- sub fee
- The developers did not keep their promises. They had said that
there example wiill be raids of smart PVE enemies that will attack cities and villages.
When at release they said sorry not yet done with that but later we try add it...
- I played this 6 months roughly then my brother convinced we should try WOW MMO since it was by now polshed and no bugs.
My vote of this experience: 7.25/10

World of Warcraft MMO that I played over 3 years!
+ When I started playing with my brother the expanison Wrath of Lichking was not yet released... however it was slow to rise
in levels and during that before we got to max level the second expansion and best WOW expansion in popularity
WRATH of LICHKING was released.
+ YES WOW graphics is a bit cartoon true but I think WOW art is very cool even my brother liked the graphics.
+ PvP was nice I played in Battlegrounds sometimes PvP.
+ Pve was nice and RAIDS were truly good.
+ Immersion no fast map travel or LOAD when enter new are you could play hours for WOW and forget real world.
+ Polished no bugs.
+ I got to experience WRATH OF LICHKING RAIDS when it was the newest expansion and byt then WOW got to its record
over 12 million active players this despite ONLY PC and not support XBOX or Playstation!
+ The expansion Cataclysm was fairly ok though less popular then WRATH OF LICHKING.
Neutral: Wow story is good but quite short trailers...
- Grind and due to this my brother quite WOW MMO even before one year played. I continued to play WOW after my brother quit it.
- I played to much it got tiremsome reduced from 60 hour/week to 40 hours/week but still tiresome...
- Finally I got bored and but the main reason I quit also for annoying PANDA exapansion! Every expansion before Panda exapansion
was cool! Well then they decide to relaese some silly PANDA expansion! I quit!
- Subfee and expansions cost money.
- TIME SINK
My vote of this experience: 9/10
I have also seen World of Warcraft movie that I rate 8/10.

After WOW MMO some years break until I started playing Neverwinter MMO. My brother did not like the graphics
of Nevewinter MMO but a friend of mine played Neverwinter MMO with me.

Neverwinter MMO played in BETA and then played over a year it when released
+ You can play it totally for free.
I did and still got the best mount available when I played. I have not payed a single euro for this.
+ Action combat worked well. You do not need super reactions if you are normal (no disrespect to handicapped people meant) you should be able to play this. It is not super fast paced that some other Action MMO:S might be.
+ Voluntary PvP in battlegrounds and scaled so if you win much you will meet harder opponents. If you loose much you will meet easier opponents.
If you do not like PvP you will never have to fight PvP. PvP is always voluntary.
+ Forgotten Realms DnD 4th edition
+ Challenging PvE Dungeons meant for a team of 5 players. However what is interesting you can try these with less big group. You think one Dungeon is sligthly to easy? Try it then with group of 4 players instead of 5 players.
+ Community created PvE adventures instances one can play them also. Players can create adventures if they want for other players to play.
+ True multiplayer and your are not restricted to play with a friend group of maximum 4 players. This is a MMO. Both PvE And PVP is cooperative. It is team vs team in PvP. PvP has also bigger battlegrounds 20 players vs 20 players and so on.
Neutral: Mediocre graphics.
- TIME SINK. I am not motivated more to play 40+ hours /week a game.
- Pay to win either you pay money to get more powerful or play extremely much this game to keep up. Microtransactiona are absolutely not some silly cosmetic only and you can literally buy to become more powerful.
- In order to become more powerful there is also GRIND of doing certain quests areas and so on. This part feels often to me more like grind then fun. I am not meaning exp no you can get certain rewards like boons and talents.
- Eventually I got bored on it like in WOW MMO.
My vote 8/10

Now I am not interested in any MMO that is released right now... but I will keep an eye on the upcoming Ashes of Creation MMO that interest me a lot.

Last edited by Terminator2020; 16/08/21 05:52 AM.
G
enthusiast
enthusiast
G
Not so much anymore, skipped New World actually. I plan to start playing Diablo 4 more seriously. I wait Cyberpunk Online but sadly I cant see it being any good, its CDPR's first online game after all.

Btw, Larian's engine could do awesome Ultima Online game. Maybe thats what MMORPG genre needs?

Last edited by GreatWarrioX; 08/02/22 01:09 AM.
old hand
old hand
Shayia (Tutorial only)
Runes of Magic (initial Area only)
AION (at launch only briefly, then break, then P-Servers versions 2.7 til 4.8, Faction: Elyos, If I ever start here again then as an Asmodian...)
Guild Wars 2 ( incl. HoT & PoF)
Neverwinter Online (also here I didn't get beyond storyquests from Sergeant Knox & Lord Neverember)
Arche Age (Haranya Alliance --> all Harani & Firran PVE locations)
Star Wars The Old Republic (some Class Story: Preludes)
The Elder Scrolls Online (One Tamriel Check: Ebonheart Pact --> completed, Daggerfall Covenant --> stopped at Rivenspire)

Last edited by Lotus Noctus; 05/09/22 11:27 AM.
veteran
veteran
I have played SWTOR, GW2, ESO, and Secret World.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Icelyn
Did you play The Secret World or the seizure inducing bastardization of an awesome game, Secret World Legends? Loved TSW but quit shortly after they forced SWL on everyone.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Zarna
Did you play The Secret World or the seizure inducing bastardization of an awesome game, Secret World Legends? Loved TSW but quit shortly after they forced SWL on everyone.
I tried both.😊 I loved the atmosphere and environments of that game!

old hand
old hand
I loved the atmosphere and environments of that game!

Same here. TSW was my favourite game for ages. I even ran dungeons and I usually hate doing them in most games. Still can't find any game good enough to replace it.

T
Banned
Banned
T
Will update my MMO list:
Age of Conan MMO this is the first MMO I played. I loved its adult content but my brother suggested we try WOW so I quit playing it.
World of Warcraft MMO best was when Wrath of Lichking expansion was newest the most popular WOW expansion. WOW reached its peak with over 12 million active players. Eventually got tired of this and TIME SINK but I played WOW over 3 years which is longest time for any MMO that I have played.
Now for all WOW haters there. I loved the trinity and tab targeting. It had both good PvE and PvP. In addition the freedom with flying mount or shapschange as Druid to flying bird was awesome. No loading screens between areas like a seemingless world.
Back when I played it was slow levelup but that I liked that do not need to rush. Awesome Lichking expansion Raids.

Neverwinter MMO action combat combined with Dungeons Dragons 4th played it over one year but eventually got tired of it and a TIME SINK like WOW. Of course some good things. Like WOW this game did not have high system requirements and graphics were ok.

Recently 2022 MMO tried:
Genshin Impact MMO... if you like cute you can get it here. However while a bit interesting I have not really got into this.
Final Fantasy XIV MMO... so this is the hyped MMO? Have failed to capture me enough said. Nothing wrong with it not saying it is bad simply not my cup of tea.

What gaming has captured me in 2022?
After years of break from any pen and paper role playing:
Dungeons Dragons 5th Edition smile through distance roleplaying using Discord voice communication and using RollD20 for character sheet, dice rolling and maps visible , map tactical , monster and player character tokens.
This has been a blast has captured me and I play once /week on weekends.
Join me in gaming? First of all I am not Gamemaster who decides who can join. Second of all while we do use
English language to some degree these are players from Finland that use Finnish language quite a bit and not all of them are good in English language.
While I personally could join an English speaking group that is perfectly fine for me.

Well and if speaking of Baldurs Gate 3 mulitplayer. I will play it with my brother and in that group only English speaking is ok and in addition usually those who play PC games have better English language skills. While not native speakers I would consider both my and my brothers English language skills very good.

I must say we discussed upcoming Alpha state Dnd 5.5 and if Wizards of the Coast is really going to remove stats from races then I and so will really many other players refuse to play Dnd 5.5 :(- Now DND 5.5 is kind of in Alpha state so I am not sure what exactly it will be when actually released or 100% sure they are going through with this and shoot their own foot in sales laugh.

These MMO:S interest me. Upcoming MMO:
Ashes of Creation cool MMO

Well and then a MMO that is in so early stage that it does not even have a name yet so not discussing that MMO for now that is for n years in future when it very likely will be released.

Last edited by Terminator2020; 22/10/22 10:28 AM.
A
veteran
veteran
A
The older I become, the more I'm driven away from competitive MMOs, like SWTOR ...

--Dilbert cartoon

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Terminator2020
These MMO:S interest me. Upcoming MMO:
Ashes of Creation cool MMO

Perhaps maybe or maybe perhaps. grin Nah as I know me I will dismiss that one and instead stick with a try for Hogwarts Legacy.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard