Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Krom
It is pretty bonkers though that Githyanki is an option.
Githyanki will likely play a major part in narrative => we have githyanki companion => companions are playable origins and therefore githuanki reactivity is being made => as this stuff is done, giving access to githuanki as a playable character becomes a low effort thing to add, as it just means giving custom pc a piece of Leazel's reactivity.

I think they will indeed. If Gith are a playable race, i wonder if we're gonna visit their Queen even?

Still, can't say i'm a fan of them :p

p.s. i still wanna slap lae'zel >.>

Last edited by Krom; 02/11/22 12:50 PM.
veteran
veteran
I think they will indeed. If Gith are a playable race, i wonder if we're gonna visit their Queen even?
My guess would be that she will be a minor antagonist in the latter side of the game and part of Laez's story line.

Z
stranger
stranger
Z
I Think at least, we should have the same races as Neverwinter Nights 2 Mask of the betrayer. I want Genasi to be available.

D
addict
Online Content
addict
D
Originally Posted by Wormerine
Githyanki will likely play a major part in narrative => we have githyanki companion => companions are playable origins and therefore githuanki reactivity is being made => as this stuff is done, giving access to githuanki as a playable character becomes a low effort thing to add, as it just means giving custom pc a piece of Leazel's reactivity.

Wait... Its been several months since I had the game installed, but I thought that Githyanki was already a playable race? Wasn't it available day one?

enthusiast
enthusiast
It looks like the Patch 9 QA branch was finally established this week.

B
stranger
stranger
B
Originally Posted by Lake Plisko
I still theorize that due to the combat being so fun and the mechanics being so interesting I kind of ended up falling in love with a lot of the goofy story and at times over the top characters.

Yeah, the combat (even though it was very simple and full of stat bloat) was unique enough for me to get hooked by it. The thing that did me in was its world just feeling... empty. I mean, there were things there but it all felt so curated and sterile like a fine art museum and not a world that people actually lived in. I think that's the thing that gets me with BG3, as well, on top of the aforementioned "Michael Bay-esque action set pieces" and over-the-top epic writing.

Last edited by Bird Person; 03/11/22 12:13 AM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by dwig
Originally Posted by Wormerine
Wait... Its been several months since I had the game installed, but I thought that Githyanki was already a playable race? Wasn't it available day one?
Yes, just tried to present a possible reasoning for them being made into a playable race.

H
stranger
stranger
H
I would just really enjoy having controller support implemented on steam

Onward Quercus! We must find a new Shield!
B
stranger
stranger
B
Things I would like to see in patch 9:

- a way to respec your character, even if it doesn't allow changing class and race, as long as you can redo abilities and choices made as the character levels up. (allow respec for follower characters too)
- remove the damnable level cap! frown some encounters are just broken because of this.

That's it, actually.

the level 4 cap is ridiculous. You could have at least made it level 5.

old hand
old hand
In addition to my first entry pls give us:

- a Blowpipe
- finally a decent custom party creation that doesn't rely on this stupid, cumbersome multiplayer mode
- and again: multiclassing (ideally with level 5/6) which alone in combination with the existing EA stuff would then give us more "gameplay and experimentation" instead of us having to waste that time with frustrated waiting for a new patch --> let's finally test it and give feedback on it

Why let us hang around during this time instead of using this time to test with us? I don't want to be spoiled with new story sections or locations. I'd rather test the class mechanics, and that includes multiclassing per se exclamation

Last edited by Lotus Noctus; 03/11/22 10:06 AM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by BlackCatActual
- a way to respec your character, even if it doesn't allow changing class and race, as long as you can redo abilities and choices made as the character levels up. (allow respec for follower characters too)
Is this even supposed to be in the game?

I mean, dont get me wrong i can see its benefits ...
But also cant really help the feeling that the most important difference between Wizard and Sorcerer would be wiped out. O_o

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Originally Posted by BlackCatActual
Is this even supposed to be in the game?

I mean, dont get me wrong i can see its benefits ...
But also cant really help the feeling that the most important difference between Wizard and Sorcerer would be wiped out. O_o

If it gets put into the game I imagine it will show up like it did in Divinity: Original Sin 2. Some kind of item or object you encounter in your camp or at a later time in the game that lets you do it - rather than it being a button you just push.

It also wouldn't shock me if they drop DLC patches like they did with D:OS2 to add additional features and functionality. Respec might come in one of these later down the line.

Muticlassing without paladin is a steak without salt :P

old hand
old hand

No prob keep the salt. I'll take the steak. :hihi:

Originally Posted by Lotus Noctus

No prob keep the salt. I'll take the steak. :hihi:

Fine :P

Don't tell me to pass the salt later :P

T
Banned
Banned
T
Yeah, but I would like that we will get patch 9 in year 2022. Unfortunately we do not have any confirmation this will happen in year 2022.

Last edited by Terminator2020; 03/11/22 07:25 PM.
T
Banned
Banned
T
Hmm I would set some limited expectations. My strong guess is that Hexadin of Warlock will not be released in BG full release which makes Warlock/Paladin build is much less popular. There are of course other multiclass possibilites.

Last edited by Terminator2020; 03/11/22 07:31 PM.
Originally Posted by Terminator2020
Hmm I would set some limited expectations. My strong guess is that Hexadin of Warlock will not be released in BG full release which makes Warlock/Paladin build is much less popular. There are of course other multiclass possibilites.

I don't expect -at this point- to see Hexblade warlock in the official release of the game, at least at start. Maybe however, we will see it, either because of story reasons, or because it would fix the problem of melee warlocks not working in the base PHB conveniently.

Another way would be to buff pact of the blade, but you also need eldritch smite ability, without it, there-is-not a melee warlock. It would be much faster and easier to just put hexblade in and be done with it, than trying to rebalance pact of the blade, along with any imbalances that arise because you changed an already established and -somewhat- balanced system.

T
Banned
Banned
T
Originally Posted by Terminator2020

I don't expect -at this point- to see Hexblade warlock in the official release of the game, at least at start. Maybe however, we will see it, either because of story reasons, or because it would fix the problem of melee warlocks not working in the base PHB conveniently.

Another way would be to buff pact of the blade, but you also need eldritch smite ability, without it, there-is-not a melee warlock. It would be much faster and easier to just put hexblade in and be done with it, than trying to rebalance pact of the blade, along with any imbalances that arise because you changed an already established and -somewhat- balanced system.
This game will most have from Players Handbook. Hexblade is not in Players Handbook. I would guess that though that if you do Paladin/Warlock you can smite with Warlocks spells in this game. Of course I can promise this but I would guess as yes for that. Same if you do Paladin/Sorcerer build I would guess you can smite with Sorcerer spells.

Another thing what I would like to know is how would they fix Paladin spell level 2 Find Steed? Really? This is computer game we will see how this is done? Perhaps that spell Find Steed is not in this game? On the other hand we have seen that Druid can shapeshift to many forms. Having a mount for anyone that can cast spell Find Steed in BG3 would be nice addon. Honestly only Larian knows answer to this and hard for me to guess.

With mods and perhaps much later some expansions then we could get more things to BG3 I believe. However the system I play will not use any mods that give things like more powerful characters that are not in official release unless it is graphics, music's and such things. Of course the ultimate dream would be if they could make content like adventures and monsters for BG3 with mods, but I doubt that.

Last edited by Terminator2020; 03/11/22 09:22 PM.
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard