Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Topper Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
"Our goal is for even the players who have repeated Act 1 over and over again for hundreds of hours to feel like there’s a whole new experience in store for them at launch."

From the Steam patch 9 release. Exactly what I had hoped for. Hope all your wishes come true gamers! smile

enthusiast
enthusiast
Nothing in the blog really stood out as a hint to possible contents of the patch. Anyone else?

veteran
veteran
Oh nice, Patch 9 yay! Pretty curious to see what's new and improved ^^

Topper Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Eagle Pursuit
Nothing in the blog really stood out as a hint to possible contents of the patch. Anyone else?
Yeah, can't see anything hinting at much but just had a cursory glance on the commute home. Will check later.

Topper Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Crimsomrider
Oh nice, Patch 9 yay! Pretty curious to see what's new and improved ^^

Definitely the best part of any patch release, the hopes and speculation smile Hopefully they have expanded act 1 rather than changed it dramatically.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Topper
"Our goal is for even the players who have repeated Act 1 over and over again for hundreds of hours to feel like there’s a whole new experience in store for them at launch."
I believe this sentence was said by Swen in early stages of EA. O_o

Forgive my scepticism, but what exactly is that suppose to proove?

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
old hand
old hand

veteran
veteran
The teaser mocap video looks like it might be an ghoul or something, that would be new.

L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD

What do you mean what is it supposed to prove?

They want Act 1 to feel fresh, even for people who have played the game a lot. So they are going to try to do that.

I don't think they are trying to "prove" anything.

Topper Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast

Of course, there is no proof until we have it at our fingertips but the acknowledgment that a bit of freshening up is needed and what appears to be a commitment to that, is good enough for me. I choose to believe Larian really do want to give us the best game they can. We will see.

Last edited by Topper; 10/11/22 08:20 PM.
veteran
veteran
I see you got little distracted with that word ...
Let me rephrase the same quesion:

They listened to ... what exactly?
Wich demand/suggestion was heared?
What in that message make you feel like you were listened?

And while you answer, please keep in mind that this is really nothing new ... such statement was said by Swen in early days of EA and now just repeated ...

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
S
old hand
old hand
S
This is an announcement of an announcement, at this point it is hard to judge on anything!

Topper Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
I see you got little distracted with that word ...
Let me rephrase the same quesion:

They listened to ... what exactly?
Wich demand/suggestion was heared?
What in that message make you feel like you were listened?

And while you answer, please keep in mind that this is really nothing new ... such statement was said by Swen in early days of EA and now just repeated ...

I phoned up Sven and said Sven mate, could you maybe make act 1 a bit different because (laughs) (in hushed tones) a few of us have completed act 1 8 times now...... Some time ago when asked on the forum what I wanted from patch 9 / release I said more of the same but perhaps with some changes to act 1 that makes it a bit different but still the same overall. Basically act1 but with a deeper dive into the locations, lore, characters etc. This quote "Our goal is for even the players who have repeated Act 1 over and over again for hundreds of hours to feel like there’s a whole new experience in store for them at launch." fulfills that desire.

Last edited by Topper; 10/11/22 09:06 PM.
old hand
old hand
I don’t expect much in the way of reactions, but maybe level 5 is ready for mass testing?

veteran
veteran
so, "i like the patch" equals "they're listening to us"? Well, that's one way of looking at it.

veteran
veteran
To be clear, the "whole new experience... for players who have repeated Act 1 over and over again for hundreds of hours," is going to be for Full Release, not Patch 9. And as @Rag said, we knew this a while ago, although it's good to hear it repeated again.
Originally Posted by Patch 9 Announcement
Acts 2 and 3 of the story are being actively playtested to ensure they’re up to the same level of polish and you’ll soon discover that there’s much more in the works (or already complete) than what you’ll encounter in an Early Access playthrough. Our goal is for even the players who have repeated Act 1 over and over again for hundreds of hours to feel like there’s a whole new experience in store for them at launch.

The only hints to what will be contained in Patch 9 is the line "In the Community Update accompanying that Panel From Hell, we’ll go into detail about some of the most discussed topics in the community." This implies that some topic of much discussion (toilet chain, reactions, spell scrolls, surfaces, day/night, long resting, level 5, etc) might be reworked in Patch 9. However, it's also possible that they'll only talk about these topics, and Patch 9 won't contain any of these reworks. Larian might double-down on their current implementations of these mechanics, explaining in the PfH that they tested other implementations but nothing matched with their vision for BG3.

D
apprentice
apprentice
D
Well (being grumpy) at least we finally have a small bit of noise in the great silence. I'm happy a patch is coming, but somewhat unhappy that it's not till near Christmas time (as I read it). On the possibly positive side, this *may* mean that this is the final patch before release (we don't know of course).
Yes, I want my cake and I want it now..and then I want to eat it later..but not too much later.

veteran
veteran
Christmas themed Panel from Hell planned so we won't get patch 9 for a couple of weeks. Game is still on track for 2023 release.

The focus of the update is on mocap, which I hope indicate that cutscenes are being constantly improved upon (though video seems to capture monster animation). The further they can push those, the more I will be appreciative, that's for use, considering how big of a role they play.

See you in December then, or more likely January as I will be away from PC for the latter half of the month.

Last edited by Wormerine; 11/11/22 04:46 AM.
addict
addict
This is the first patch announcement that hasn’t gotten me hyped… I’m actually kinda dreading it.

Something tells me whatever game systems we get in Patch 9 will be in their final form, no matter our feedback. The UI will keep evolving, and I could see a whole new system (such as Day/Night) being kept as a surprise for release, but if they don’t fix bonus actions now, they’re not getting fixed at all. Same goes for reactions, scrolls, surfaces, going to camp etc…

I suppose that’s why Larian are ready to speak directly to community concerns: They now know what’s going into 1.0.

Larian, please make accessibility a priority for upcoming patches.
addict
addict
They may not fix everything but some things are easily self policed like scrolls for example.
Don’t let the little things detract from this game - at full release this game will set a very high bar & hopefully encourage more d&d games …

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard